• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
its the standard edition. theres a image on r/epicgamespc

image.png

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I have like 150 games in my epic library and I've never spent a penny - nor have I downloaded the epic games launcher

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised it's the standard version (so people would be incentivized to pay for the DC content), but on PC, at least, I didn't really find it worth the upgrade. Especially since I had no interest in the shooting range or the race track.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised it's the standard version (so people would be incentivized to pay for the DC content), but on PC, at least, I didn't really find it worth the upgrade.
Did you play with the DC content? You can upgrade for quite cheap and it adds a lot of great stuff.

Honestly, it's fine if this is the standard as the upgrade is on sale imo. Getting it all for a fiver is pretty good.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, play on Deck while jumping through hoops, or on PS5... Who am I kidding, on the backlog it goes.

RubberStamp

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda disappointed that it's death stranding as I already own it but this is of the best games I've played in recent years. Please go into it with an open mind and try to push through the first little bit if you're getting bored. The game really shines after that and becomes extremely engaging.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
My epic library is huge from the free games, none of which I've played yet. I did buy Final Fantasy VII Remake, wish I had waited for Steam but it's cool.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
It's a superb game that's not for everyone. The PC version is a bit busted and the directors cut is significantly less optimized than the original, and they didn't fix the intermittent framepacing issue that existed in the original. But it's worth putting up with to get a sense of the genius kojumbo.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I know it's off topic, but any recommendations for Japanese games on the Epic store? I got that christmas coupon and I might as well use it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh hey just in time to be tested on my new computer, that I will hopefully have set up today. XD Only $6 to upgrade to the Director's Cut, so it is still an awesome deal.

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
It's a superb game that's not for everyone. The PC version is a bit busted and the directors cut is significantly less optimized than the original, and they didn't fix the intermittent framepacing issue that existed in the original. But it's worth putting up with to get a sense of the genius kojumbo.
The framepacing issue is very sadly underreported, I find it really tarnishes the games smooth presentation. At this point it will never be fixed, and I have yet to find a solution to the issue. It effects everyone too but is subtle enough not to be noticed with kb/m controls and even most controller users don't notice. Real shame. The console versions do not have this issue.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
The framepacing issue is very sadly underreported, I find it really tarnishes the games smooth presentation. At this point it will never be fixed, and I have yet to find a solution to the issue. It effects everyone too but is subtle enough not to be noticed with kb/m controls and even most controller users don't notice. Real shame. The console versions do not have this issue.

I play at 30 fps with motion blur on if that's an option, can't remember. Hides it pretty well and I rather have consistent but worse performance than something that's as intermittently visually distracting.

Its baffling that DF didn't even bring it up though. Sometimes they just completely miss things like that and the Last of Us P1 visual glitches etc.

I got a steam deck recently so at some point I'll try it with gamescope and see if that remedies the situation but I think another user said the issue persisted both on linux and even via geforce now, so it feels very much like it's just the port being busted. Makes it hard to be excited for DS2.

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
I play at 30 fps with motion blur on if that's an option, can't remember. Hides it pretty well and I rather have consistent but worse performance than something that's as intermittently visually distracting.

Its baffling that DF didn't even bring it up though. Sometimes they just completely miss things like that and the Last of Us P1 visual glitches etc.

I got a steam deck recently so at some point I'll try it with gamescope and see if that remedies the situation but I think another user said the issue persisted both on linux and even via geforce now, so it feels very much like it's just the port being busted. Makes it hard to be excited for DS2.
Bummer that DF missed it, they're really good at bringing attention to a lot of these small issues that are often missed. I just stick with the PS5 version myself, great version too with even having ultrawide support. It can keep a good 60fps at 4k too due to said support, only downside is poor AF.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018
From what I read for the last few months, the OG Death Stranding version seems to be more stable on the Steam Deck than the Director's Cut version, even when the latter added in-game FSR. Curious about it, as the OG version is de-listed from stores.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I really hope it's the Directors Cut cause I hear there are a lot of fun QoL changes. I wrung the original game dry and can't see myself going back to it unless there are new things to discover.