• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/20/death-stranding-ps4-hideo-kojima-sam-lake/

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has been sharing his newest and upcoming PS4 exclusive, Death Stranding to different developers and studios in the industry. For example, earlier this week, Horizon: Zero Dawn director and Guerrilla Games were left speechless by the demo they saw.

Now, it's Remedy Entertainment's Sam Lake -- a writer and director who has had his hands in the creation of IP like Alan Wake, Max Payne, and Quantum Break -- who has been left impressed.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's not every day someone dares to make a video game where nobody understands anything (possibly including the creators)

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Well I mean, I believe him, but no industry pal is about to say it sucks.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I don't even know what even the fuck I'm watching in all the Death Stranding vids, but Kojima knows how to make me want it.

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah if it pushes the boundaries in the same way that the Paz storyline in MGS: Ground Zeroes supposedly was then that's not a good sign. Maybe instead of hanging out with a bunch of other developers and getting them to talk up your game maybe release a proper gameplay trailer so that we can try to judge for ourselves? So far all we've seen is some weird (but entertaining) trailers and a whole lot of walking across an empty landscape which you could call many things but groundbreaking ain't one of them.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I mean the balls to know you can tour with your game to other game creators and they're going to be just as eager to see it as your fan base. Legend.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Feel like Kojima spends more time touring than he does actually making the games people flaunt about

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah if it pushes the boundaries in the same way that the Paz storyline in MGS: Ground Zeroes supposedly was then that's not a good sign.

Yeah, I came to say exactly this. The last boundary Kojima pushed was rape and torture cassettes and a vagina bomb, and I don't need to see anything like that in Death Stranding.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Because Max Payne IS modeled after him.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Never hear of Remedy Entertainment, Sam Lake , Alan Wake, and Quantum Break.

Does he work for Sony and if not , why is kojima showing his ps4 exclusive game to none sony employees?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Love how mad Kojima makes people here because he hasn't shown off shooting gameplay. Death Stranding is already the game of the generation. Probably the best game ever made.

Apr 27, 2018
Love how mad Kojima makes people here because he hasn't shown off shooting gameplay. Death Stranding is already the game of the generation. Probably the best game ever made.
I'm really hoping that Death Stranding will be the Game of the Generation for me. As of now, it's Red Dead Redemption 2.

Sep 25, 2018
Either best game alive or most hype up game that never live up to the hype

Letting these other developers hype it up for him only add more hype, if it do not live up to it, this game will go down as the most disappointing game ever

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
This game is gonna come out and be forgotten by a lot soon after cause twitch isn't going to be popular with it 2 weeks out. Needs battle royale mode.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine what Kojima is going for is like PT or the FOB on a larger scale where you need the combined efforts of the community in order to basically "beat" it and I just don't know.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last time Kojima claimed something like that we got breathes-through-her-skin bikini snipers and rape victims with bombs in their vaginas in MGSV.

At least it's not Kojima himself boasting this about Death Stranding at least but I'll brace for the worst and yet cautiously optimistic.