• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Memorable doesn't always equal good.

Also, it's okay that they didn't like the game and you did. That shouldn't diminsh your enjoyment of it.

That's the whole problem, IGN is acting like their opinion is fact. Adding the game as a 'joke' and then making fun of users for voting for it.

And I didn't say memorable equals good. But for some reason it's some kind of meme to shit on Death Stranding. It is getting boring at this point.

Probably won because of angry fanboys being angry over the score IGN gave it. System wars at full display. Luckily no one cares about people's choice awards.

Or maybe some people like the game?

blizzardjesus

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anything it proves what a hack Kojima is (in regards to writing/ making a concept), while he has an amazing technical staff. Hopefully their next project will actually be fun to play.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I loved the game , this has been such a good year. I'd pick it as my goty myself.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
If anything it proves what a hack Kojima is (in regards to writing/ making a concept), while he has an amazing technical staff. Hopefully their next project will actually be fun to play.

This makes no sense. What are you even talking about? The game winning a people's choice award for GOTY is a sign that Kojima is a hack? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Death Stranding haters really have a hard time accepting that people like the game.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IGN tried to pull a konami on Kojima but not this time said the fans in unison. When they go low, we vote.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Not Kojima´s greatest game but easily his best retail release of the decade. 8/10 but it´s not for everyone. Like at all. All the bad to middling scores and there weren´t that many are justly deserved. IGN´s score is perfectly fine. No L for them but the site itself devolved into a mess over this devade.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They most likely are, thinking anything else is being naive. The game was not initially in the poll but was later added, which garnered extra hype and anger from fanboys. Toppled with the fact that IGN gave it a low score and you have an assembly of angry fanboys skewing the poll like no tomorrow.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Tons of salty self-entitled Star Wars fans on the internet today. I mean maybe if your game was more polished and had more substance it might have won... *shrug*

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Hooray - Congrats to Kojima and Koji Pro!

While his recent titles haven't hit the narrative marks, MGS3 will be among my GOATS always & forever. It's the most competent Cold War spy game I've ever played and the themes are still so relevant even today.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
So how do we feel about IGN right now? Salty dictators that are trying to silence the game and its fans? Is that still what we're going with?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just enjoyed the game, every aspect of it and voted for the game. So, I'm a weirdo too? So much salt...
I'm not talking about everyone of course. There's plenty of people who saw a conspiracy against Death Stranding by IGN and called to mass vote for it to rig the already, supposedly, rigged poll.

I'm not saying you're one of these people, but if you're claiming you didn't see that anywhere here than I will assume you're lying lol.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
DS is really the inverse of MGS:V. Critics didn't like it as much, while players like it a lot more.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding gets 9s and 10s scores from more than 50 reviewers: Those are Kojima fans and scores are just because of Kojima name.
Death Stranding becomes the people's choice GOTY on IGN: Those are trolls and fanboys.
In next weeks: Death Stranding will become GOTY in some websites: Sony gave them money for this.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Lmao people really using campaigning for a game as an example of "rigging" the poll.

WTF do you think polling and voting is all about?

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get it at launch because of the reviews, but after reading the feedback in the OT, I decided my time isn't that valuable, and gave it a shot. Glad I did. I'm pushing 30 hours in and still on Chapter 3. It's an oddly compelling game. Highly recommend trying it even if you have a passing interest.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Death Stranding gets 9s and 10s scores from more than 50 reviewers: Those are Kojima fans and scores are just because of Kojima name.
Death Stranding becomes the people's choice GOTY on IGN: Those are trolls and fanboys.
In next weeks: Death Stranding will become GOTY in some websites: Sony gave them money for this.
The mental gymnastics some people pull to convince themselves there's no way people liked the game is olympic-worthy.

blizzardjesus

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hooray - Congrats to Kojima and Koji Pro!

While his recent titles haven't hit the narrative marks, MGS3 will be among my GOATS always & forever. It's the most competent Cold War spy game I've ever played and the themes are still so relevant even today.
It was so surprising to see how cohesive MGS3 was after 2 did whatever it was trying to do.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
for those who missed the beautiful build up to this outcome, a lil' summary I posted elsewhere:

did anyone else catch the IGN "controversy" this morning

basically, at some point IGN created a poll for the People's Choice section of their GOTY awards

originally, it only included IGN's GOTY nominees, but eventually it was expanded to include Death Stranding, Astral Chain, and some other games, and Death Stranding ended up taking the lead

earlier today, the poll was taken down, and here's a glimpse at how some Death Stranding fans on this site responded:

Fuck that site.

I voted for RE2 BECAUSE Death Stranding wasn't an option when I voted.

THEN, they decide to add it and I couldn't even change my vote.

NOW they remove it because it's winning?

Fuck that site.

This is enough to make me not want to visit their site ever again and I really like some of their hosts that is ridiculous

IGN? The shitty Marvel film website?

But seriously, fuck them. For so many reasons. Blatantly not playing past Episode 3 of Death Stranding before reviewing, and this poll being only the most recent.

a couple hours later, it was revealed that IGN took down the poll because it was prepared to announce its GOTY winners, and Death Stranding indeed won the category in question

in conclusion,

Somehow some Death Stranding haters are turning this around and saying it is Death Stranding fans that look bad here instead of IGN.

OP
OP

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wat.

Everytime I saw that poll Fallen Order was leading by like 15%. I guess there was some random huge push by some gooberino's.
Some campaign of weirdos who were seeing a conspiracy against their favourite game yeah.
Probably won because of angry fanboys being angry over the score IGN gave it. System wars at full display. Luckily no one cares about people's choice awards.
More than likely
I'm sure there was a campaign on Reddit somewhere
legit wondering if majority of those votes are not trolling votes tbh.
It's obviously because they gave it a low score. They got all those salty DS fans clicks so they good and fans get to feel like their dicks are hard so everyone wins.
This just in: people can like a video game.

Oct 27, 2017
So how do we feel about IGN right now? Salty dictators that are trying to silence the game and its fans? Is that still what we're going with?

I have yet to play the game, so I don't have an impression on how it is, but it was rather apparent to me in IGN's review that they were going out of their way to try and be funny during their review of the game. It almost came off bitter that the game was made. Other reviews of the game that I saw that were also critical were far more professional in how they went about it. IGN has definitely, in my eyes, take several steps backwards over the last 3-4 years.