• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ADwZrF7.png

Since this was making a hubbub earlier, it's nice with a conclusion to the saga.

After not being an option in the reader's choice at all:

Death Stranding ended up taking the cake. Congratulations!!

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So am I right in thinking the reason they took the poll down was not to do DS dirty but because the vote was over?

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i am playing it now and i am surprised that i want to do more orders lol and keep playing. i thought i wouldn't like it, lets hope the story holds

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. Easily my Game of The Year by a mile.

And to think I wouldn't have even tried it if I didn't have a 40% off physical preorder, because I was pretty sure I was going to hate the gameplay. Never been more glad to be wrong about something. The gameplay is my favorite part.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Wat.

Everytime I saw that poll Fallen Order was leading by like 15%. I guess there was some random huge push by some gooberino's.

ProfessorRad

Oct 1, 2019
Easily my GOTY even though I still rate it 8/10.

I would encourage people to skip side quests unless it's easy to get 3/5 stars. The story holds up great but if you slog through the pointless side quests you'll get burnt out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that was some dumb controversy/conspiracy for about 4 hours.

Well deserved DS. It's gonna be bothering the top of my list for sure.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are sheeple worshipping at the false idol of Kojima. Pretentious frauds. Words and deeds. Etc.

Just kidding of course :P Congrats to the team! Death Stranding and Control are a great duo of award winners.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
For all the hubbub and controversy caused by the early reviews, most people who play the game seem to love it. bless

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Going to start it this weekend, and can't wait to finally experience this for myself.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Deserved. Congrats to Kojima Productions, the game is amazing and I loved every minute of it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a silly controversy that was this morning then.

Glad to see Fallen Order was in contention.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
DESERVED
This game got robbed a lot a loooot

Congratulations to both Control and Death Stranding teams absolutely outstanding games

Dee Harp

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Probably will finish it today. At just under 60 hours and probably will play a bit more after the story ends. Its a great game. Defiantly my game of the year.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in episode 3 after more than 30 hours and don't know what will happen later, but these 30 hours made DS the best game of the year for me.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grats Kojipro! I'll be working my way to finish this now that I'm done with Control.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Egg all over IGN's face. Makes their own GOTY embarrassing in contrast. Gaming publications - take note.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wat.

Everytime I saw that poll Fallen Order was leading by like 15%. I guess there was some random huge push by some gooberino's.
You saw fallen order with that much of a lead at first because it got a big head start over death stranding, death stranding was added to the poll later

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So that earlier thread wasn't real....lol. Or was a misunderstanding.

What a ride.

This and Control winning is something else.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. Great game, tons of hours poured in it and I still have some ways to go.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably won because of angry fanboys being angry over the score IGN gave it. System wars at full display. Luckily no one cares about people's choice awards.