• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

Further proves how inconsistent Sony is with labeling and why that last thread with the website nonsense was meaningless. Sony needs to just end the labeling because it doesn't make any sense anymore.

Edit - Can mods edit "everywhere". Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
lgwjjessdh9wrmo9amzu.png

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I wonder, is there not any journalist that has this concern and can just simply ask the question?

It's very weird to me that some people is so convinced the game will come out on PC but press never ask, I remember reading a couple of weeks ago some article mentioning the label stuff people found on the PlayStation website (the one where the removed the exclusive label) but they don't ask.

I'm sure this will become news and again, nobody asks!

OP
OP
Renfran

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I wonder, is there not any journalist that has this concern and can just simply ask the question?

It's very weird to me that some people is so convinced the game will come out on PC but press never ask, I remember reading a couple of weeks ago some article mentioning the label stuff people found on the PlayStation website (the one where the removed the exclusive label) but they don't ask.

Whoever runs Sony's marketing team is genuinely confused. There was one time Uncharted Lost Legacy had a console exclusive sticker.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Pretty sure it was asked at Tribeca some months ago and the answer was "no comment".

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Its just a wall poster tbh, idk how much credibility these things have. The thing is, Console exclusivity is STILL exclusivity even if its a form of it and Sony can play with words like that. So we won't know truly until its announced or its never announced lol.

Good it's settled now, if you want to play death stranding buy a PS console

Lol you wish it were like that :P

Last edited:

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
It was known wasn't it? PS4 exclusive and coming to p.c later
They've said very early on something along the lines of it being a PS4/PC title, but after that all PC talk has stopped. As far as I'm concerned, It's a PS4 Exclusive, unless Kojima and/or Sony explicitly say otherwise.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

And in a couple weeks someone will notice something that again makes everyone believe a PC port is inevitable.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Still smells like a timed exclusive with a pc port down the line but eh who knows. The gameplay looks bad anyway so not a big deal tbh.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Has that even been announced or is that just speculation?

I remember that being the take away when the whole kojipro and sony working together thing was announced, and later on kojima mentioned it himself iirc.
Who knows though, sony may have locked it down for good. I think kojima would want it on more than ps4 though.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Sony funding it? Why would anyone think it's coming to PC in that case? That's not how Sony functions, the only stuff they bring to PC is SOE games.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Honestly if you can't take a hint when Kojima's mum about it whenever he's asked, it should be telling. In this industry, a thing like this is never said as it is but through hints and mistakes. As far as iam concerned, its a timed exclusive and its coming later. PS5 will get a PS4 backwards compatible version of it iam sure later on and PC gets the game too.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Further proves how inconsistent Sony is with labeling and why that last thread with the website nonsense was meaningless. Sony needs to just end the labeling because it doesn't make any sense anymore.
I don't think this is as big of a deal as your making it out to be nor is it something anyone outside of hardcore Sony circles is gonna fixate over.

If it doesn't come to PC, understandable since Sony's funding it but if it does cool. That's all there is to it.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Honestly if you can't take a hint when Kojima's mum about it whenever he's asked, it should be telling. In this industry, a thing like this is never said as it is but through hints and mistakes. As far as iam concerned, its a timed exclusive and its coming later. PS5 will get a PS4 backwards compatible version of it iam sure later on and PC gets the game too.
can you show me where someone asked him about it? when the last set of stories came out i was looking for someone to ask him or sony for a comment but never could find one

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Isn't Sony funding it? Why would anyone think it's coming to PC in that case? That's not how Sony functions, the only stuff they bring to PC is SOE games.
For what it's worth, Shawn Layden said that Sony is open to PC ports of their MP games/software.

DS supposedly has some new form of MP gameplay. Hence why it's possible Sony will release it on PC as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, Shawn Layden said that Sony is open to PC ports of their MP games/software.

DS supposedly has some new form of MP gameplay. Hence why it's possible Sony will release it on PC as well.

To be clear, he was talking about multiplayer-focused games. Like if they bought a company that's working on or upkeeping a PS4/PC multiplayer game they're not going to make the studio cancel the PC version because that would kill the multiplayer community.