• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Was looking at Best Buy's listing for the Death Stranding LE PS4 Pro and saw this at the back of the packaging. It says "55GB Minimum" so I guess it's not accounting for a potential day one patch.

6382666cv15d.jpg

59e9HmC.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Smaller than expected, but very welcome!
Yeah agreed. How big was Spider-Man's base game? I think it and Death Stranding are in the same ballpark.

Vestan, you're insane when it comes to this game. And I mean this in a good way!
Thanks dude!

Nice vestan miss your Jordan with the cigar avatar btw
Lool, it's not often I change my avi but Death Stranding hype is getting to me. 🤘

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
this is actually bigger than spiderman (53GB) and horizon (48GB) with all their DLCs included.

who said this game has no content ;p

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I still expect the game to be on the smallish/short side of an "open world" game.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Probably won't have as much audio content as many other games, so no surprise it's still sizeable.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
oh wow days gone is only like 44GB, so death stranding is the largest open world sony game in file size.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked up Horizon Zero Dawn's (same engine) GB size (for the complete edition with the expansion) and it's 'only' 48.16 GB

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

Earth Is Ours No More

So this is a little bigger.
Base Spiderman is somewhere above 45 GB

Also God of War, not really an open world game but still has a sizeable world is almost 39 GB

God of War

Bold New Beginning
oh wow days gone is only like 44GB, so death stranding is the largest open world sony game in file size.
I'm surprised by how reasonable these all are o.O What's the biggest game they've released in terms of filesize? GT Sport?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me realize Sony open world games are surprisingly small in file size in comparison to their big, gorgeous game worlds.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of AAA games are near 30 or 50 gigs, certainly not 100 lol. I guess that poster got confused with high-res texture packs pushing some games close to 100, or RDR2/Destiny 2, but these are the outliers not the norm.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Juicy, and if that's the back of the PRO edition then I don't know if I can wait much longer on pre-ordering it.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Seems...kinda small considering all the dialogue, cutscenes, etc that are a staple of Kojima games.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Sony first party always smaller than expected with the exception of Last Of Us Remastered. I'm guessing it has something to do with the engine.