• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DEATH-STRANDING%E2%84%A2_20191018160206-e1573125573799.png

One of the bands Kojima Productions used for Death Stranding's soundtrack is Low Roar, a post-rock group with an American frontman, based out of Reykjavík, Iceland. Before Death Stranding, the band wasn't in a good place, and much of the music was recorded on a laptop in lead singer Ryan Karazija's kitchen.

When Karazija first got the call for Low Roar's music to be used, he had no idea of what impact it was about to have on the band's status.

"Sony contacted us in an obscure email offering us a certain amount of money to use the song 'I'll Keep Coming', and they were not willing to tell us what they're going to use the song for," he told me over email. "At that time we were in a gutter so we accepted it. And it turned out it was for Death Stranding."

From that iconic first trailer featuring a naked Norman Reedus at the beach with some dead crabs and a baby, the band started growing in popularity.

But what about that one fan – the one who made all of this possible in the first place? "We had dinner twice," Karazija explained of his experiences with game director Hideo Kojima. "He's a lovely man."

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Competing with Transistor for the top spot of my list of favorite soundtracks. Good for this band; the success is well deserved and I'm happy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.