• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It sucks because Asuka would be a superstar if they'd ever just let her talk a bit

Charlotte is also so good when she's allowed to actually work a match.

Oct 8, 2019
So what was the point of the Kabuki Warriors vs Charlotte match? Because the story just seems to be that Charlotte is an incredibly tough dumbass for taking a 2 on one match with the tag champs (who have been booked as fairly competent).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So what was the point of the Kabuki Warriors vs Charlotte match? Because the story just seems to be that Charlotte is an incredibly tough dumbass for taking a 2 on one match with the tag champs (who have been booked as fairly competent).

we live in a world that loves tough dumbasses

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
EK1RleuUwAEJoSC

EKtbeFPUYAAuOI2

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to Raw after watching His Dark Materials really makes it apparent how bad the 3rd hour of this show routinely is

This is the main event of the show? Good lord.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I figured this Tweet was worth holding onto for reacting to news of people re-signing or when people ask "Why did INSERT FAVE HERE re-sign?"

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Satin is worthless

also i have lost hours of my life to Maria and Ted's Unfiltered Adventures, no point in stopping now

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ted wants to just get a one year marriage with Maria, and if it doesn't work out they can just file for divorce

solid plan

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like JR and Lawler are on a racist/sexist streak. JR with his "slips" and The King being his usual sexist, racist self. The wrestling world would be better without them. Products of another age that refuse to change.

I love Jumbo but that's not a joshi powerbomb; this is a joshi powerbomb

That is the mother of all powerbombs!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why WWE can't just let wrestlers be cool lol. That Kabuki Warriors entrance is pretty dope. It's not really heelish, they just look like bad-asses. Why do you have to be a cheating ass just to look cool there?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I bet that line was cued by Vince with how much awkward silence there was before it..

Viewership

NXT: 810k
AEW: 663k

wow
I didn't bother watching AEW last week, I've kinda lost interest.
For sure. Advertisers more or less don't care about DVR numbers. AEW has to find a way to translate those high numbers into live watchers.

But my point was more about the thanksgiving numbers. If AEW's younger audience is more prone to DVR, then that could explain the low holiday ratings, which we would (theoretically) expect to bounce back.

Advertisers still do care if the DVR watcher at least lets the commercials run through.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Supposedly the RAW crowd in Tennessee tonight started a USA chant when AOP attacked Kevin Owens.

They deserve the product they're getting.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Were you interested to begin with or more curious?
I was looking forward to a competently booked alternative and maybe giving me an reason to keep watching wrestling at all but the loss of interested started with a couple shows before the TV started and outside a few segments I haven't really felt compelled to stick around. I'm closer than ever to pretty much dropping wrestling all together.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to a competently booked alternative and maybe giving me an reason to keep watching wrestling at all but the loss of interested started with a couple shows before the TV started and outside a few segments I haven't really felt compelled to stick around. I'm closer than ever to pretty much dropping wrestling all together.

That's what I was concerned about. It really seems like interest in wrestling in the States is in the toilet.

NXT stans can say what they want, but they won that ratings battle because of their 50+ audience. Even at AEW's lowest, they're still edging out key demos.

That means these people aren't going to go watch NXT, and with RAW's rating dropping weekly they aren't going to see that either. They're leaving wrestling altogether. And I'm not sure "NJPW, but American" is the answer either, though I guess we'll know in 2020.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Im not watching AEW but its also let me down.

"How its let you down if you not watching lol"

Dude, Idk about NJPW either when Bullet Club at its peak but the hype catching fast, made me aware to the product. I tune in and indeed its a good shit.

Nothing from AEW have similar vibe that attract me. Dynamite's old ass presentration also disappointing. After all the Cody talk about killing Attitude Era in his promo.. this very familiar wrestling tv show that he came up with.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Now we're dunking on things we haven't even seen yet lol.

Then again, people do that weekly with RAW so nevermind I guess.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
If you are so obsessed about some tv ratings numbers, then you should focus more on your life, really.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still haven't watched last weeks episode, but everyone said it was pretty bad. NXT was also coming in off a PPV where they were pretty well featured, so it makes sense to me that numbers would be down. But it does seem like a pretty bad drop. I dunno though, because despite missing last week, I don't feel super compelled to watch this week for whatever reason too. I can't remember everything announced but I am super keen for Shida vs Stat.

People should take it easy though. Things will always bounce around and hey, people really shouldn't let the success of a brand define their identity.

The D-Oh Grand Prix has been pretty fucking fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.