• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I thought Sunday's show was very skippable but still okay.
It was basically just a small house show though and the Sakaguchi loss hurt me.
I did really enjoy the battle royale on it however.

The Yokohama shows have been fantastic though!

Sakaguchi losing always hurts.

The crowds at D-Oh shows are often so, so quiet it makes the shows feel a little 'different' in a way too. But yeah, I'm having fun.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That's what I was concerned about. It really seems like interest in wrestling in the States is in the toilet.

NXT stans can say what they want, but they won that ratings battle because of their 50+ audience. Even at AEW's lowest, they're still edging out key demos.

That means these people aren't going to go watch NXT, and with RAW's rating dropping weekly they aren't going to see that either. They're leaving wrestling altogether. And I'm not sure "NJPW, but American" is the answer either, though I guess we'll know in 2020.

I'm thankfully a ways off from that demo still but yeah, I became a fan back in like 1989/1990 though first match I remember seeing is Hogan/Andre on NBC from 1988 which is also the most watched wrestling event in the U.S. So yeah, it's been a really long time for me and I never really took a break unlike some who were lucky to peace out for a few years until the "Monday Night Wars" became a thing but I use to watch everything that'd come on at that time, WWF, WCW, GWF, dying days of the AWA when it could be found and other stuff I'm forgetting, I'd miss some from not having access but I never intentionally quit. It's been a long, slow process for me starting in 2001 from my own personal wrestling failure to WWE's grinding me down after WCW died and last time I felt anything for a match after it was done was the first Sasha/Bayley Takeover match which won a lot of good will for me at the time until I started to see their fate on the main roster and they killed Becky Lynch pretty damn quickly for me. Coincidentally NXT's women's division now is still the only thing I have an interest in on the WWE side that doesn't lead to me just watching Youtube clips. I've enjoyed matches here and there since but that was the last one (and was the first in a long time) that reignited some passion in me for wrestling.

But yeah, having been so long I'm set in certain things I like and what I don't and that's mostly been locked into the late-80s to 90s, I need good story telling in and out of the ring and you don't get much of either from WWE today and so far the same goes for AEW which has had some bright spots but with the talk of certain people I was expecting something that's the opposite if what outside I guess, Cody, they've been doing. Again the women on the wrestling side are generally more enjoyable for the most part because at least on the wrestling end they do less of the things I don't particularly care for and have to actually work and work well to get the crowd to react. The TV time limit has seemed more like an excuse to stretch matches out longer than they need to be instead of just ending when they logically should, it feels like a cursed money paw wish for me since I've wanted time limits back for a really long time.

Im not watching AEW but its also let me down.

"How its let you down if you not watching lol"

Dude, Idk about NJPW either when Bullet Club at its peak but the hype catching fast, made me aware to the product. I tune in and indeed its a good shit.

Nothing from AEW have similar vibe that attract me. Dynamite's old ass presentration also disappointing. After all the Cody talk about killing Attitude Era in his promo.. this very familiar wrestling tv show that he came up with.
It's like a mix of WCW with some of the annoyances of WWE's production like too many crowd shots, sometimes with reactions that are almost stock footage like. AEW has also started to remind me of WCW in the days of Hogan bringing in buddies for paydays though you could probably apply that to TNA too since he did the same there, I guess at least in AEW's case it's not a bunch of has-beens, just nobodies that they want to treat as stars without actually developing them into it for a wider audience. Not calling everyone on their roster that but there's a lot of people that could benefit from some introduction packages.

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't watched last weeks episode, but everyone said it was pretty bad. NXT was also coming in off a PPV where they were pretty well featured, so it makes sense to me that numbers would be down. But it does seem like a pretty bad drop. I dunno though, because despite missing last week, I don't feel super compelled to watch this week for whatever reason too. I can't remember everything announced but I am super keen for Shida vs Stat.

People should take it easy though. Things will always bounce around and hey, people really shouldn't let the success of a brand define their identity.

The D-Oh Grand Prix has been pretty fucking fantastic.

I watched all of day one, just brookes endo from day 2 and still need to get to day 3. Tournament style runs make it super hard for me to keep up

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seriously. And we still have Ishii vs Endo, vs Hashimoto, and vs Brookes coming up. Just put it in my fucking veins.

I really think he's one of the most underrated wrestlers in the world today.
Absolutely, man. Honestly, I was kind of taken aback at how fucking hard he went against Ueno.

I watched all of day one, just brookes endo from day 2 and still need to get to day 3. Tournament style runs make it super hard for me to keep up

Yeah it can be difficult to keep up, this upcoming weekend is pretty fucking weird too. At a certain point with tourneys like this, it just gets a bit easier to check out matches you know you want to see and just follow what is going on.

Brookes has been pretty mystically good so far though. God damn.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Raw was just like SD last week in that it failed to make me care about most of what was going on except Randy/Drew and Kabuki Warirors/Charlotte. At least NXT and AEW always give me multiple matches/feuds to look foward to.

Also, 3 hours and only 1 women's match is lame.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I didn't have a phone for two days so wasn't able to check this thread and wrestling news as often. It felt freeing. It felt...good. Think I'll try to limit myself as much as I can, but not sure how realistic it is to self regulate getting off the juice, brother.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
seeing that there's 5+ hours of Teddy and Maria content to catch up on...

Already%2Bin%2Bthe%2BRing.gif

but he seems like such a great guy
Some would say his only crime is actually Being Too Nice

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
I didn't have a phone for two days so wasn't able to check this thread and wrestling news as often. It felt freeing. It felt...good. Think I'll try to limit myself as much as I can, but not sure how realistic it is to self regulate getting off the juice, brother.
This thread barely moves these days, even just after the move from GAF I'd wake up to at least 10 pages of discussion. The great wrestling depression is upon us :(

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People could ya know, actually watch stuff like Beyond and Black Label Pro rather than just complaining about a show written by a nonsensical, dementia riddled, homophobic racist lunatic but whatevs

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There was a couple of really good wrassleGAF years where everyone got on pretty well and we had some good and crazy posters who have since left. Things are still ok though. I'd rather talk about cool shit with wrasslefriends then the dozens of pages of people wringing hands over WWE booking like it was back then. There are only like 3 people who still give a shit and haven't moved on.

We talk about so much more varieties of wrestling and so many more promotions. Lucha gets more and more accessible thanks to people posting, people talk about joshi more, DDT, people actually watch death match promotions and post about them while they are live.

Things are different, but for wrestling fans they are probably better and yeah the gimmick posting stuff is still a bit obnoxious now but is fucking NOTHING compared to a few years ago. Saying that though, people are way more touchy about their favs or promotions being criticized or jumping on people who like other shit for whatever reason, but whatever.

Deleted member 28474

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nobody visits us.

Remember how much everyone always/does hated/s us.

I guess too many people went too hard on their favourite people who pretend to fight for a living.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
There's a subtle and funny wrestling reference in the college humor skit about 1 minute in. It's worth a watch, if not for the life advice some of you might benefit from.

youtu.be

Stop Living in a "Sad Boy House"

Just take the scarface poster that's taped to your wall and put it in a frame, then put that whole thing in a dumpster.See more http://www.collegehumor.comLI...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Is Darby in a feud at the moment?

I feel like he was setting up one with Moxley, but now Moxley is starring down Jericho so... I dunno.

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine Mox on this run but looking like he did during his return from injury AND with the trunks on always?

Top 5 look.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
People could ya know, actually watch stuff like Beyond and Black Label Pro rather than just complaining about a show written by a nonsensical, dementia riddled, homophobic racist lunatic but whatevs

The number of really good promotions that live stream on IWTV is WILD. I watched the Limitless Wrestling show on Friday since it was the first time they had streamed live on the service and it fucked just as hard Beyond, Black Label and Freelance. The main event of Kris Statlander versus Ashley Vox made my short list for the year.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
The number of really good promotions that live stream on IWTV is WILD. I watched the Limitless Wrestling show on Friday since it was the first time they had streamed live on the service and it fucked just as hard Beyond, Black Label and Freelance. The main event of Kris Statlander versus Ashley Vox made my short list for the year.
Going to check out that main tonight I think, the angle had me hooked in immediately and I've heard good things since.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I'm also going to repost that they added some BritWres recently, Wrestling Resurgence. The three Kanji vs Charli Evans matches have all had rave reviews, and having seen them have another match at SOUL a couple months back with absolutely banged, I'm inclined to believe the hype

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Going to check out that main tonight I think, the angle had me hooked in immediately and I've heard good things since.

Really, check out the whole show. If absolutely nothing else then check out the scramble with Manders vs Oswald Project vs Kevin Ku vs CJ Cruz vs Pinkie Sanchez. Oswald Project is fucking nuts and as soon as the show was over I went to Twitter to at GCW find out if they were bringing him and Brett hit me with a 'duh'. He's wild.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

IWTV has become a ridiculously good value. I could get my wrasslin fix just from them and New Japan world.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Whether this is a one off or Sareee has signed a deal with them remains to be seen, but she announced she will be participating in STARDOM in the near future. I'm hesitant to say either way since Tokyo Sports also announced today Sareee has confirmed she is going to wrestle in WWE next year.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Hopefully she's reconsidered a working a similar deal as Riho in AEW as opposed to breaking her body on the Largo loop for the next 2 years all for the honour of jobbing to Rhea in NXT.

Otherwise give me Sareee vs Momo/Jungle/Tam stat!

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Hopefully she's reconsidered a working a similar deal as Riho in AEW as opposed to breaking her body on the Largo loop for the next 2 years all for the honour of jobbing to Rhea in NXT.

Worth noting that the replies to Sareee working in STARDOM (at least among the Japanese fanbase) have been mixed to downright negative. Also you have to imagine that it's hard to imagine WWE doing a talent sharing relationship with STARDOM, especially after Bushiroad came in and bought out the company from right under WWE's noses.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I think she's going to work the anniversary show next month, challenging Mayu for the title and that's it.
Maybe a couple of smaller shows beforehand.

OP
OP

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a joshi pro quo. Meiko would show up on a show and then Io would show up in Sendai.

It's probably just a condition of letting Mayu work Sareeee's produce show.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Worth noting that the replies to Sareee working in STARDOM (at least among the Japanese fanbase) have been mixed to downright negative. Also you have to imagine that it's hard to imagine WWE doing a talent sharing relationship with STARDOM, especially after Bushiroad came in and bought out the company from right under WWE's noses.

Eh, the responses to the Japanese Tweet don't seem to negative outside of a couple of users?

I think she's going to work the anniversary show next month, challenging Mayu for the title and that's it.
Maybe a couple of smaller shows beforehand.

Stop ruining all my dreams with your logic Matt

NjftVVa.png

Yeah it's a joshi pro quo. Meiko would show up on a show and then Io would show up in Sendai.

It's probably just a condition of letting Mayu work Sareeee's produce show.

I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NO JOSHI PRO QUO!

You guys are right, Sareee's heading to the void next year.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The girl has been hot for all of two weeks and you guys are already bitching about it.

Shut the fuck up.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate we're going to need our own chart just for Sareee

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It just annoying to bitch about potential booking based on nothing for people who are at best 5 months away.

Status
Not open for further replies.