• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody visits us.

Remember how much everyone always/does hated/s us.

I guess too many people went too hard on their favourite people who pretend to fight for a living.
I'll be honest: I think this year's WrestleMania weekend burned me out in a way from which I'm still recovering. The fall of Evolve as my reliable local promotion with a high quality product hasn't helped; I miss the days when Evolve had Keith Lee, Riddle, and Sabre on the roster. And since I'm off Twitter, I don't get that pro graps discourse and match recommendations from there that I once did.

These days, I'll watch the puro match that gets floated to my attention, AEW (not last week), and Beyond. That's about all that I have time for these days.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I kinda doubt they'll follow up Shayna's reign of terror with one by Rhea. Especially since Rhea is unfortunately a babyface. And outside of Velveteen Dream (who was more a tweener than anything), babyfaces don't get long reigns in NXT these days. Plus with as strongly as they put Rhea over a lot of the main roster women, you have to imagine Vince will want her up there sooner rather than later.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Is A-Kid still independent?

The match should be great, maybe better than the ZSJ one.

That match was one of the most proper murders in wrestling.

I don't really know why the AEW thread exists with a prefectly fine wrestling community thread.

You don't want to have people discussing the two most popular wrestling shows at the same time, makes for some bad times. And the OT gives better visibility to AEW, this place is a dump q:

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Is A-Kid still independent?

The match should be great, maybe better than the ZSJ one
No, he's in a program on NXT UK now, he's signed. His partner Romo seems to have decided not to go for it

It's definitely got the potential yeah. I still need to see how the Pete Dunne and Quackenbush matches went (I mean, and everything else he's done there, including the Zack match 😳)

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
EKtGTioXsAAqhrn.jpg

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I haven't watched anything but NOAH and DDT in two months because i binged too much wrestling this year and have to catch up on movies and TV and bullshit.

Been a lovely time

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I kinda doubt they'll follow up Shayna's reign of terror with one by Rhea. Especially since Rhea is unfortunately a babyface. And outside of Velveteen Dream (who was more a tweener than anything), babyfaces don't get long reigns in NXT these days. Plus with as strongly as they put Rhea over a lot of the main roster women, you have to imagine Vince will want her up there sooner rather than later.

Eh, Asuka had the first one and she was face the end of her Ember feud.

Anyway, after 6 months of making Rhea look strong she'll be called to the main roster so she can have handicap matches with Io against Charlotte to make her look strong.

Hence losing Sareee to the void. At least if she goes out with a singles match against Mayu it should be a banger.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Raw was just like SD last week in that it failed to make me care about most of what was going on except Randy/Drew and Kabuki Warirors/Charlotte. At least NXT and AEW always give me multiple matches/feuds to look foward to.

Also, 3 hours and only 1 women's match is lame.
The crazy thing to me about wrestling is apparently the women matches get really high viewers but they are rarely featured. I don't get it.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Eh, Asuka had the first one and she was face the end of her Ember feud.

Anyway, after 6 months of making Rhea look strong she'll be called to the main roster so she can have handicap matches with Io against Charlotte to make her look strong.

Hence losing Sareee to the void. At least if she goes out with a singles match against Mayu it should be a banger.
They were trying to get Asuka over as a heel in NXT once she started feuding with Ember, but it just backfired entirely because she was significantly more charismatic than Ember.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
How's Ridgeway doing in NOAH by the way? As I don't watch, my only metric is seeing him come back to the UK after his first or second tour and noticing how much harder his kicks seemed

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Sareee's a super genius for putting herself against this team at the end of the year she's had

snUhUmD.png

Nxt reign of terror itself is long term booking, change mah mind

In defence of the Asuka reign they actually started to do something interesting when Asuka started having to cheat to beat Ember but they totally fucked up the landing.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Asuka's reign came out of necessity, cause nobody was in the division until the end of her reign.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
There was a couple of really good wrassleGAF years where everyone got on pretty well and we had some good and crazy posters who have since left. Things are still ok though. I'd rather talk about cool shit with wrasslefriends then the dozens of pages of people wringing hands over WWE booking like it was back then. There are only like 3 people who still give a shit and haven't moved on.

We talk about so much more varieties of wrestling and so many more promotions. Lucha gets more and more accessible thanks to people posting, people talk about joshi more, DDT, people actually watch death match promotions and post about them while they are live.

Things are different, but for wrestling fans they are probably better and yeah the gimmick posting stuff is still a bit obnoxious now but is fucking NOTHING compared to a few years ago. Saying that though, people are way more touchy about their favs or promotions being criticized or jumping on people who like other shit for whatever reason, but whatever.
I'm pretty sure the unrelenting gimmick posting at WrassleGAF's height took years off my life.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Asuka's reign came out of necessity, cause nobody was in the division until the end of her reign.
She became the most over performer in all of WWE during that time, NXT or main roster. She was a legit star.

WWE killed her heat almost immediately after heading to the main roster, with boring fucking matches, put in an aimless direction, and forced to do live English promos in the ring. Then they put her in the ground by having her lose to Charlotte at Mania, kissing her feet immediately after the match ended. Vince assassinated her character.
Probably the most realistic thing in recent wwe tho
"We do things differently here in Tennessee"

They weren't lying.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
It's so stupid. Becky Lynch is literally their most popular star and she's not even on the show. Hell she doesn't even have a feud.
There was a backstage interview uploaded as a WWE.com exclusive where Becky basically all but says she's coming after Asuka to "collect a debt". Which means Becky is going to roll over Asuka. Because its pretty obvious at this point WWE is waiting for Shayna to get called up, or Ronda to return. Becky's reign in general is starting to quickly run out of steam.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's so stupid. Becky Lynch is literally their most popular star and she's not even on the show. Hell she doesn't even have a feud.

Cause they need to build a division that has nobody. Becky being on the show adds nothing when she's got nobody to fight. Unless you want Becky vs. Charlotte #754

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Cause they need to build a division that has nobody. Becky being on the show adds nothing when she's got nobody to fight. Unless you want Becky vs. Charlotte #754

That's why it was incredibly dumb not to bring up Shayna for a feud with Becky after WM. Have her break arms for a couple months and you would have had a money feud you could have milked for 3-4 months.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
All that talent in NXT. I find it hard to believe they couldn't call up 1 or 2 female talents to give us some fresh feuds. WWE seems utterly incapable of having more than 1 or 2 storylines involving women on a 3 hour show.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
All that talent in NXT. I find it hard to believe they couldn't call up 1 or 2 female talents to give us some fresh feuds. WWE seems utterly incapable of having more than 1 or 2 storylines involving women on a 3 hour show.
I mean, we know from reports that Vince wants Shayna and Bianca. But I'm pretty sure Triple H is holding that off until his NXT storylines are done.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Then they should star building some. They have talented wrestlers like Sane, Naomi, Asuka and Iiconics, but they have established none of them as legitimate threat to the main event scene.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
The worst thing about the Becky storyline is who exactly is holding her back unless they bring Stephanie back. Both shows would benefit from a Regal type General Manager that doesnt take up tv time and only shows up when needed. Paige was good at this on Smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.