• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
12/31 Ice Ribbon
12/31 Gatoh Move
12/31 BJW/DDT Tag Shuffle
1/1 YMZ
1/1 WAVE
1/1 666 Shinjuku Nichome Pro Wrestling
1/1 Gatoh Move
1/2 AJPW
1/2 Stardom
1/3 AJPW
1/3 DDT
1/4 TJPW
1/4 Wrestle Kingdom
1/5 Noah
1/5 Wrestle Kingdom
1/6 Gatoh Move
1/6 New Year Dash
You're gonna hate wrestling after a schedule like that.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
That whole entire Charlotte spot has to be due to miscommunication. It seems like Becky was the only performer that knew within that timeframe that Kairi was concussed. The refs got to be held accountable because they should've full stop said something to all the performers involved, especially to Charlotte. But it all happened so fast and one thing led to another and ultimately it's up to the official to make that call.

It's a damn tough thing to be a part of.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I bet within a month of Kairi coming back she'll be in the ring with Charlotte again.

So am I reading all this shit right that Charlotte doggedly pursued Kairi to fuck her up more? Intentionally inflicted more damage? This doesn't sound like "I am a clod without skill" like Nia Jax. This sounds like "I am dangerous fuck driven by anger" like Sexy Star.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
So am I reading all this shit right that Charlotte doggedly pursued Kairi to fuck her up more? Intentionally inflicted more damage? This doesn't sound like "I am a clod without skill" like Nia Jax. This sounds like "I am dangerous fuck driven by anger" like Sexy Star.
It's nothing that malicious. She was either unaware that Kairi was concussed or knew and still didn't take extra precautions. If Kairi got concussed on the table spot with Becky then former is likely as no one could have told her, if it was any other point then the latter. At the very least she legit slapped Kairi after a botch on the spear.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Charlotte doesn't seem like the safest of workers. Remember that fucking hideous avalanche backbreaker thing that could've fucking ended Sasha's career a few years ago? Then tonight she's slapping a concussed opponent for missing a cue on her spear. She hit Kairi in the head with a kendo stick too.

Here's hoping she faces some kinda repercussions for that unprofessional shit. Props to Becky for realizing what was wrong and calling an audible.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
That whole entire Charlotte spot has to be due to miscommunication. It seems like Becky was the only performer that knew within that timeframe that Kairi was concussed. The refs got to be held accountable because they should've full stop said something to all the performers involved, especially to Charlotte. But it all happened so fast and one thing led to another and ultimately it's up to the official to make that call.

It's a damn tough thing to be a part of.
There was a spot later in the match where both Charlotte and Becky came in with chairs. It looked like Charlotte was supposed to hit Kairi and Becky was supposed to hit Asuka but Kairi ran away from Charlotte towards Becky in a really awkward spot and she let Becky hit her with a chair while Charlotte ended up hitting Asuka.

I swear Charlotte probably traumatized Kairi tonight.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Calling Charlotte a unsafe worker for this is wild.

Slapping someone with a concussion is safe?

And you can tell Kairi was wary of Charlotte at the end of the match. They set up the ladder, Becky and Charlotte come in with chairs, with Kairi logically being in line to feed Charlotte. But instead Kairi RUNS AWAY from Charlotte so that Becky can hit her, softly. It's the most telling part of the whole fucking shitshow.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slapping someone with a concussion is safe?

And you can tell Kairi was wary of Charlotte at the end of the match. They set up the ladder, Becky and Charlotte come in with chairs, with Kairi logically being in line to feed Charlotte. But instead Kairi RUNS AWAY from Charlotte so that Becky can hit her, softly. It's the most telling part of the whole fucking shitshow.
Of course is not safe but I've seen worse from like numerous wrestlers all over the business.
Charlotte herself has worked hundreds of matches and has proven that she is a safe worker. whenever something like this happen it always comes down to the promotion not the wrestlers if someone gets a concussion You stop the match no matter how mad both wrestlers are going.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
BP7VAVJ.gif

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017

Look how soft Becky hits her, she's fucking terrified of Charlotte after that slap.

This is simultaneously rage-inducing and heartbreaking.

Of course is not safe but I've seen worse from like numerous wrestlers all over the business.
Charlotte herself has worked hundreds of matches and has proven that she is a safe worker. whenever something like this happen it always comes down to the promotion not the wrestlers if someone gets a concussion You stop the match no matter how mad both wrestlers are going.

By and large she's fine. But between her moonsaults where she either misses or hoofs someone in the face and this abomination where she could've paralyzed Sasha, she makes me nervous.

Charlotte-drops-Sasha-Banks.gif

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Charlotte towering over Kairi with a chair in her hands ready to swing downward. Couldn't even do the smart thing and act like she was just aiming for the stomach like what Becky was doing in the background.

Did Charlotte seriously not realize Kairi probably had a concussion? Cause the way she acted the whole match it's like she had no idea at all even though everyone else seemingly knew.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look how soft Becky hits her, she's fucking terrified of Charlotte after that slap.

This is simultaneously rage-inducing and heartbreaking.

By and large she's fine. But between her moonsaults where she either misses or hoofs someone in the face and this abomination where she could've paralyzed Sasha, she makes me nervous.

Charlotte-drops-Sasha-Banks.gif
You could go to every single wrestler and find bocthes like that it is part of the business. Doesn't mean if anyone is safe or not

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are you guys insane, Kairi okay'd this absolutely insane spot with Io (Ganso bomb OFF THE APRON TO THE FLOOR, I couldn't find the GIF) in 2017 and also ended up concussed. This isn't on any one performer come oonnnnn.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that no singles title was on the line for the ppv. When's the last time that happened?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think Charlotte should be forced to dye her hair brown so Vince won't want to push her anymore

Fuck you think Charlotte was New Jack from the talk here.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I don't think this is on any one person nor can we say Charlotte's a "dangerous" wrestler. Probably just focused on the match and didn't notice the issue. However I'm just going off gifs, I ain't seen the match.

The real thing to say is how professional and aware Becky was.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the ppv, but from the clips posted here, it looks like a major communication issue. The ref and people in the back should probably get most of the blame for not noticing and taking charge sooner. Charlotte seems kind of oblivious, but I don't know what she knew and when.

Are you guys insane, Kairi okay'd this absolutely insane spot with Io (Ganso bomb OFF THE APRON TO THE FLOOR, I couldn't find the GIF) in 2017 and also ended up concussed. This isn't on any one performer come oonnnnn.

I got ya. That spot was ridiculous, the look on Hiromi Mimura's face says it all.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
There was no need for Charlotte to shoot slap Kairi after the spear. Not going to comment on the rest of the match but that was clearly out of line and shouldn't be done. Not a fan of this 'reciept' shit people pull in wrestling. It's meant to be fucking fake.

I just realized that no singles title was on the line for the ppv. When's the last time that happened?
Wasn't Miz vs Fiend for the belt? Seems odd not to add that stip.

Oct 25, 2017
12/31 Ice Ribbon
12/31 Gatoh Move
12/31 BJW/DDT Tag Shuffle
1/1 YMZ
1/1 WAVE
1/1 666 Shinjuku Nichome Pro Wrestling
1/1 Gatoh Move
1/2 AJPW
1/2 Stardom
1/3 AJPW
1/3 DDT
1/4 TJPW
1/4 Wrestle Kingdom
1/5 Noah
1/5 Wrestle Kingdom
1/6 Gatoh Move
1/6 New Year Dash

Excel going to Gatoh Move? Why I never.....

Oh no. She's going to try and and recruit Lulu Pencil and Rin Rin to team choke

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Is it too late to nominate AAA for a carny for booking Sin Cara who's currently on a 90 day no compete, under his wwe name without permission from wwe? No fucks given there it seems.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I know we hate WWE CO-OPTING podcasts, but the New Day one has been really good and honest so far. The one out today about injuries starts really strong with the guys talking about how tough some of their injuries have been, Xavier talking about sleeping in a cupboard cause he couldn't stand light, Big E talking about how replaceable, lonely and insulted he felt when Owens was doing the Big O stuff during his injury

The one last week where they went through the list of potential names they were given and just dunked on them all for being bad and 10% of them for being kinda racist was also excellent

Oct 25, 2017
I know we hate WWE CO-OPTING podcasts, but the New Day one has been really good and honest so far. The one out today about injuries starts really strong with the guys talking about how tough some of their injuries have been, Xavier talking about sleeping in a cupboard cause he couldn't stand light, Big E talking about how replaceable, lonely and insulted he felt when Owens was doing the Big O stuff during his injury

The one last week where they went through the list of potential names they were given and just dunked on them all for being bad and 10% of them for being kinda racist was also excellent

I really need to check this out. I feel like they're trying to position themselves for a post wwe life with all this spin off work they're doing

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017

I'm still dying at Million Man Ministry

Status
Not open for further replies.