• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
deathloopsysreqs85jzl.jpg

(See this page for more detailed information.)

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
ComputerBase (German; review build)
GameGPU (Russian; review build)
Overclock3D (English; 14/10/2021 build; upscaling-focused)*
PC Games Hardware (German; review build)

📊 Performance guides:
Digital Foundry (English; review build)
Overclock3D (English; review build)
Rock Paper Shotgun (English; review build)
TechPowerUp (English; launch build)

* Includes DLSS benchmarks.

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, set "Application detection level" to Low, and hit Enter. Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Note #2: Capping the frame rate externally will, in this particular case, increase load times.
Enable support for DualSense controller features: Right-click the game in your library, select "Properties", navigate to "Controller", and disable Steam Input. (Credit to MrBob.)
Skip intro videos: Navigate to [game installation directory]\base\video and delete the following files: arkane.bk2, bethesda.bk2, legal.bk2, and warning.bk2 (Credit to Graham Smith @ RPS via Lashley.)
Note: The files will reappear whenever a patch is published or you verify the game data.
Mitigate stuttering (1): If using a locked 60Hz display, disable the in-game vsync setting (you can re-enable vsync via your driver control panel if you'd prefer to have it enabled, though this will result in longer load times) and set the in-game frame rate cap setting to 60fps. If using a higher/variable refresh rate display, take note of these additional steps. (Credit to Pargon.)
Mitigate stuttering (2; Steam): Block the Steam overlay from initialising by navigating to your Steam installation folder, right-clicking on GameOverlayRenderer64.dll, selecting "Properties", and denying all listed permissions for your user account. (Credit to Kaldaien via strudelkuchen.)
Fix the game randomly crashing: Disable ray tracing. (Credit to Nooblet.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Screen resolution: Self-explanatory
Display mode: Windowed mode; Fullscreen; Borderless Fullscreen
Monitor: Self-explanatory
Gamma: Self-explanatory
Brightness: Self-explanatory
Field of view: 65 -> 110 in increments of 1
Nvidia Reflex: Off; On; On + Boost

Low latency: Off/On
Vsync: Off; On; Half
Upscaling: Off/AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0
AMD FSR mode: Adaptive resolution; Ultra Quality; Quality; Balanced; Performance
Adaptive resolution: Vsync-based/Manual
Adaptive resolution FPS target: 30fps -> 60fps in increments of 1fps
Adaptive resolution mode: Quality; Balanced; Performance
FPS limiter: 30fps -> 120fps in increments of 15fps

Presets: Very Low; Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra; Auto; Custom
Texture detail: Low; High; Very High
Model detail: Very Low; Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra
Shadow detail: Very Low; Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra
Water detail: Very Low; Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra
Terrain detail: Very Low; Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra
Decal detail: Very Low; Low; Medium; High; Very High; Ultra

Ambient occlusion: FidelityFX CACAO Performance; FidelityFX CACAO Balanced; FidelityFX CACAO Quality; Nvidia HBAO+; Raytraced Performance; Raytraced Quality
Sun shadows: Simple/Raytraced
Post-process anti-aliasing: Off; Low; High; Temporal
TXAA sharpness: 1 -> 20 in increments of 1
Sharpness post-process: Standard/FidelityFX CAS
Camera motion blur: Off; Low; Medium; High
Bloom: No/Yes
Depth of field: No/Yes
Lens flare: No/Yes
Light shafts: No/Yes

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
To unluck early via VPN:

1; Steam only) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia, Australia, or New Zealand (some trial/free services may not offer servers in these regions)
4) Restart Bethnet/Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6; optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Edit: No longer necessary.

Last edited:

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
God I can't wait to play this tonight! Dishonored 2/DOTD still look amazing, and I'm really excited to see how this looks maxed at 1440p.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I wanted to get this on PC for kb+m, but since my 2060 is the base "recommended" GPU for 1080p and I have a 1440p monitor, I'm not so sure.

Looks like the game uses AMD's FSR instead of DLSS. Does anyone have any experience with FSR? I wonder how much it would help.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone can give me a heads up how this runs on a 970 with an i7-4790k that'd be swell.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I don't understand why, but i can't download the game. It goes directly from download to play and it doesn't download anything :(

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 3080 so I am pretty good GPU-wise, but I hope my 11600 is enough to get good fps in 1440p.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried VRR yet? The biggest problem with Dishonored 2 (outside of the generally miserable performance) was that you had to run at a locked 60fps or 120fps or the frame pacing went to shit.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have a 2080 super and an i7 9700k. Really want to play this at 4k. Not sure if I'll be able.

I could purchase on PS5 but would like the FOV on PC

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
Will be trying tomorrow with my RX 570...not quite a potato, but below min specs. Hoping it runs well at 720p with maybe medium detail...fingers crossed

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
Latest driver, i7 8700, RTX 3070, tried to run this in 1440p, went down to high settings (below very high and ultra).

Runs like shit.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has a i7 7700k non oc and a 2080 or so msg me how it runs I'm very curious.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wondering how this will perform on Series S next year given the specs lol

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Probably will give this a whirl on my 2070 and 9600k and see how it runs. If bad or impressions are bad for pc performance I can get on PS5 instead.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Not expecting Ultra with my i7-8700 (3.2GHz) & 2070 Super but hoping I can run this at least at 60fps on high settings at 1080p.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh. I'll be giving this a go on a Razer Blade 14 laptop w/ a 3070. Interested to see what settings will work well. I have a desktop with a 9900k/1080ti, but I want to see some ray tracing.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Curious to see what an RTX 2080 and i7 9700k can do here. Early impressions made it sound like it's not particularly performant, but hopefully it could eek out decent performance at 1440p.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go PS5. I want to play this game too much and have been burned bad by Arkane PC performance in the past.

Don't want to get stuck in configuration hell for hours trying to eke out the best performance vs best frames.

Definitely following this thread though for a potential future purchase