• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
Deathloop_Primary_Horizontal_1280x720-01.jpg

Metacritic (PC): 88
Metacritic (PS5): 88
Opencritic: 88

mighty-man.png
IGN: 10/10
A new high watermark for Arkane and developers of similar games to aspire to, Deathloop is a game like no other.

Gamespot: 10/10
Arkane Lyon's follow-up to Dishonored is a masterclass in open-ended action game design.

VGC: 5/5
One of the smartest and most outright entertaining games of the year.

PCGamesn: 10/10
A true tour de force from Arkane that is bound to be one of the year's best and most important games.

PSU.com: 10/10
Quite simply, Deathloop is an unparalleled synergy of first-person shooter design, explorative bliss and narrative complexity that we likely won't see again for a very, very long time.

TheSixthAxis: 10/10
Simply put, Deathloop is fantastic.

Mp1st: 10/10
This is the case of a studio understanding that, improving on every aspect of what they originally created, all while evolving it to newer heights. Deathloop is everything you would have hoped for (and more) from the makers of Dishonored, cementing their own studio status as one of the greats. Gamers, be excited, as while it's been a long journey to its release, Deathloop is certainly one time loop you'll want to experience.

NME: 5/5
Arkane's magnificient murder puzzle is the studio's most ambitious game.

VG247: 5/5
Deathloop is everything I wanted it to be. It's confident both as a successor to many of the ideas of Dishonored while also expressly its own thing, with a tone and sense of style I absolutely adore. It's one of my favourite games of the year - and one we'll surely be talking about for months to come.

GameByte: 10/10
Even though we're only just entering the Big Games Season, I am fully confident in my assertion that Deathloop is the best game of the year.

EGM: 10/10
Deathloop layers a refined take on Arkane's signature mix of ability-driven action and stealth onto a time-looping premise, and the result is one of most memorable games of recent years. While many of the pieces may be familiar, the combination is fresh and full of surprises.

The Gamer: 5/5
Deathloop is one of the most interesting triple-A games in recent memory and you owe it to yourself to play it.

Powerup-Gaming: 9.5/10
I said it before in the intro, I'll say it again now – providing Arkane can tighten up the AI in a patch, we may well be looking at 2021's GOTY right here.

Attack of the fanboy: 9.5/10
Deathloop takes Arkane's fantastic level design and world-building and adds an interesting story with great characters on top, leaving you in a time loop that you won't want to break.

PlayStation Lifestyle: 9.5/10
What happens when you blend up Dishonored, BioShock, Dark Souls, and Bulletstorm, add more than a dash of roguelikes and time-loop mystery games like The Sexy Brutale, and top it all off with a thick layer of '70s grindhouse vibes? You might end up with something like Deathloop, a wonderfully bizarre experience that defies explanation.

TrustedReviews: 9.5/10
Deathloop is one of the most innovative games from a major publisher that I've ever played, using the time loop mechanic to fantastic effect. With lots of clever puzzles and engaging combat, as well as a genius multiplayer element, this is one of the best games of 2021 yet.

Nextgenbase: 9/10
Deathloop is an excellent video game which truly showcases what Arkane are capable of as a studio.

GameInformer: 9/10
Deathloop is a bloody, chaotic mess. A mess you will fail at over and over until finally, you succeed. And that success – the result of hours of experimentation, iteration, and knowledge – makes for one of the best games of the year.

IGN Italy: 9/10
Arkane did it again.

PCinvasion: 9/10
Outside of some annoying crashes and mishaps, Deathloop remains a stellar game with a brilliant premise, refreshing mechanics, and delightful characters.

PressStart: 9/10
Deathloop delivers it all. And it's through these triumphs that Deathloop earns its place in the first-person shooter pantheon, and puts its hand up during Game of the Year talks.

Destructoid: 9/10
Deathloop combines a classic Arkane stealthy-shooty foundation with a genuinely interesting and fun premise to aplomb. This is going to be on a lot of Game of the Year lists.

Shacknews: 9/10
It's not just some of the best design I've seen out of one of my favorite studios, Arkane has also incorporated fun elements from games like Dark Souls and Hitman into Deathloop to make it altogether its own deliciously unique offering. AI can bumble a bit and the cost of failure can be high, but Deathloop still delivers a visceral and engaging murder puzzle that demands thorough investigation and gritty gunplay down to its final twists and turns.

COGconnected: 9/10
Deathloop is an addictive and rewarding shooter and one of the most ambitious action games this year.

Heypoorplayer: 9/10
Deathloop is an innovative and satisfying take on the shooter genre that you can't afford to miss. Developer Arkane Studios has managed Dishonored's rock-solid foundation and hone it to a razor's edge.

Windowscentral: 4.5/5
With phenomenal gameplay and unbeatable charm, Deathloop is a triumph.

Hardcoregamer: 4.5/5
Deathloop is another incredible title from Arkane, once again putting their skills in developing both quality stealth and first-person action to good use and blending it with time loops in order to create one of the year's most memorable games.

Gamerant: 4.5/5
Arkane Studios hits it out of the park with Deathloop, an infinitely entertaining first-person shooter stealth game with an intriguing PvP twist.

Gamesradar: 4.5/5
Deathloop is a killer new-generation showcase that will keep you guessing until the very end

HobbyConsolas: 9/10
Although there are some elements from Dishonored in the game, Arkane Studios delivers a unique FPS, with great characters an intriguing story and a wise use of time loops. There are some technical issues here and there, but we loved the experience.

Seasonned Gaming: 9/10
The way Deathloop presents the player with mystery, and allows them to uncover it at their own pace, is fantastic. It is easily one of the most enjoyable games I've played this year.

PCGamer: 89/100
A thoughtful response to Dishonored that makes for an entertaining stealth shooter in its own right, but it's the multiplayer invasions that make Deathloop sing.

NoisyPixel: 8.5/10
Deathloop is for detective nerds who just want to blow shit up. Each moment of this game offers some insane new plot twists and discoveries that further highlights how amazing the writing is.

Bunnygaming: 8.5/10
For those who are big fans of the Dishonored series Deathloop is a must buy but there still are minor issues to fix obviously when it comes to performance.

TrueGaming: 8.5/10
Arkane Studios has provided a unique game as expected from the beginning.

PushSquare: 8/10
Deathloop may be the final game out of Arkane Studios to hit Sony consoles, but the developer goes out with an undisputed bang.

IGN Spain: 8/10
Those of us who love to get into the game, learn more about its world and eavesdrop, read emails on terminals and rack our brains to get into places without being shot at, are in luck: with Deathloop we have a great game for a while.

WeGotThisCovered: 4/5
Deathloop, summarized, is "Arkane does Hitman." It glorifies its repetition, and never feels unrewarding, especially when taking down a player-controlled Juliana. I want to re-immerse myself in its world, pick apart its secrets, and master its systems. Not everything works seamlessly, but taken as a whole it's an immersive sim sandbox of unmatched proportions.

Gamingtrend: 8/10
Deathloop is a great game, if kind of a mixed bag in ways.

EasyAllies: 8/10

Jeuxvideo: 8/10

Metro: 7/10
Not quite a misfire but while the action is highly entertaining this time-looping adventure squanders much of its premise on disappointingly straightforward objectives and a curiously tame portrayal of unchecked hedonism.

Gamingbolt: 7/10
If your prefer your time-looping adventures to be more stylish and violence-oriented, then Deathloop may be for you. Even with its various issues, there is satisfaction to be had in learning each map and completing the perfect series of assassinations.

GamerHeroes: 6/10
Deathloop is in a weird spot. It isn't as good as Dishonored, but I also don't expect to see another game in the series. If you want to support the studio or need a Dishonored fix, this will help...but honestly, the game isn't that fun.

Eurogamer: Essential
Not Arkane's most surprising game, but possibly its best.

Player2.net: A or higher
A mystery worth solving and experience worth having, there is nothing on this planet quite like Deathloop.

Consolecreatures: Recommended
Deathloop will likely stick with me for the remainder of 2021 and beyond. It's a game I'll continue to think about day in and day out. This is the kind of loop I can get used to.

ACG:

Arstechnica:
Dishonored + Majora's Mask seems intriguing, but the execution's all botched.

f1deUs1.gif

Last edited:

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first game in a long time where my purchase pretty much depends on the reviews. I'm just so unsure.

Really excited to see how it goes.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
10/10

youtu.be

Deathloop Review

Arkane Lyon's follow-up to Dishonored is a masterclass in open-ended action game design. It's a game where observation and dynamic thinking go hand-in-hand w...

9/10

youtu.be

Deathloop Review (PS5) – Is It Worth Playing?

Deathloop finally releases tomorrow after several delays, but is Arkane's new game worth playing on PS5 and PC? Find out in our comprehensive Deathloop revie...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting good reviews as always. I just dunno if it's different enough to get me in if I didn't like any of the Dishonored games or Prey.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Gamekult (FR): 9/10

With Deathloop, Arkane Lyon seems to come full circle of a long work, distilled and refined through its various creations. It's not just "Dishonored with guns", it's not just another time loop, it's not just another psychedelic rogue lite... It's all that and so much more. It's an investigation, a giant puzzle, thought out with a dizzying ingenuity in which we get lost with delight and where our curiosity always seems to be rewarded, either by the brilliant strokes of an insolent art direction, or by a clue, a lead, a weapon, a bonus... Deathloop is a nervous, punchy, creative infiltration FPS, which dips a toe in the immersive sim while trying to turn us into a twirling and brutal hero. Above all, it's a singular adventure that, even when you've finished it, doesn't seem to be done with all its secrets and surprises. Moreover, once the credits roll, like the inhabitants of Blackreef, we just want to lose our memory too, to be able to rediscover this incredible loop as on the first day, again and again. And again.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
10/10
www.ign.com

Deathloop Review - IGN

Deathloop encases fun investigation work and satisfying combat in a unique time loop mechanic to create a tremendously satisfying adventure.

9/10
www.gameinformer.com

Deathloop Review - Deathloop Review – The Joys Of Death And Dying - Game Informer

Deathloop is a bloody, chaotic mess. A mess you will fail at over and over until finally, you succeed. And that success – the result of hours of experimentation, iteration, and knowledge – makes for one of the best games of the year.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Our review - 8.5/10
bunnygaming.com

Deathloop Review

Developed By: Arkane Lyon Published By: Bethesda Softworks Platforms: PlayStation 5 & PC Reviewed On: PS5 Deathloop comes from the highly