• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bricks

Nov 6, 2017
Already decided I'll get this game, it looks very good, and I'll be on vacation around the release date. Full immersion incoming. Besides, it's not that my PC can run more complex modern titles anyway :p

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a good birthday gift for myself. I only saw this when it was suggested to me on steam and didn't look too much into it when I saw it wasn't out yet, so tell me, does this game have randomized maps? Want to know if I should nope out of this right now or look into it some more.

Oct 27, 2017
That is one fucking cool trailer. This will be up there as some of my favourite pixel art ever. Need to find money for this & Guacamelee 2 within the next few weeks!

Edit:

Looks like a good birthday gift for myself. I only saw this when it was suggested to me on steam and didn't look too much into it when I saw it wasn't out yet, so tell me, does this game have randomized maps? Want to know if I should nope out of this right now or look into it some more.

As far as I know it has proper designed levels. Maybe you're thinking of Dead Cells, which has procedurally-generated environments?

Last edited:

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
This looks awesome but man I already got Dead Cells pre-ordered and just bought Chasm.

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
I hear a Matt Mercer there. :) Heard that he and Marisha Ray had roles in the game! Definitely looking forward to picking this up when I can.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.webp

I'm so excited. Like beyond excited. Can't wait.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
This looks amazing, and way more ambitious than I thought it'd be. I'm craving another good 2D combat system after I beat the Trial of the Fools in Hollow Knight.

R8ER34

Mar 4, 2018
It does even though they are going for two different different themes. My only concern is that it looks a little too much like a Souls game. I am over games that try to mirror this.

I don't think it's overboard. Salt and Sanctuary (although I have never played), looks much more similar.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Does this actually have a voiced story during the game or just in this pre release trailer?

sainrub

Dec 14, 2017
Here is the PS4 Dynamic Theme for pre-ordering. I sense a Apocalypse Now reference somewhere. ^^

OP
OP
SaberX85

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heard some sample music from this game, sounds a bit like bloodborne and that's awesome

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Looks sooo smooth. I remember those first trailers and gameplay videos everything was so stiff. It came a long way and I shall experience this little marvel day 1!

trisbee

Nov 17, 2017
First dead cells, now this, my god. Looks like I have to push back work until Sept 1st.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
waited so long for this, and now it drops the same day as BFA, the most unfortunate release date ever for me (and nothing gets in the way of me and a new wow expansion unfortunately). Will still pick it up soon enough.

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
I just want to know if the game has a map? Like... At this point I roll my eyes a bit when I have to go pick all my currency up after I die but when I have to flail blindly through the environment with no guidance, well...

Let's just say I have not purchased Salt and Sanctuary because of that.

Looks awesome aside from a couple of small worries.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I just want to know if the game has a map? Like... At this point I roll my eyes a bit when I have to go pick all my currency up after I die but when I have to flail blindly through the environment with no guidance, well...

Let's just say I have not purchased Salt and Sanctuary because of that.

Looks awesome aside from a couple of small worries.
I think this one works where you drop your healing items instead of resources but you can also buy more healing at the checkpoints.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad there's a preorder discount campaign for this (is that a Sony summer thing, or are indies just doing that of their own accord these days?).
Bought Dead Cells after checking reviews, and this game looks amazing, too.
I'll definitely preorder this.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Hopefully review embargo is lifted today and someone can confirm. I would like to see more impressions before commiting to a purchase.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad there's a preorder discount campaign for this (is that a Sony summer thing, or are indies just doing that of their own accord these days?).
Bought Dead Cells after checking reviews, and this game looks amazing, too.
I'll definitely preorder this.
They do it themselves cuz its also discounts on other platforms with the indie pre order discounts.

But yeah the preorder discounts are nice imo!

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a pre-order discount on Steam. I'm on the fence if I want it day one for full price.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully review embargo is lifted today and someone can confirm. I would like to see more impressions before commiting to a purchase.

We requested a PS4 review copy and haven't gotten one as of yet. I hope this won't be another instance like Chasm where review copies go out on release day.