• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MatPiscatella

2018 NPD results for the whole year are coming this month right?

Jan 22 is the Media Release including all the charts (trying to extend to top 20, and also do 2018 charts by plat, not sure I can yet).
Jan 23 will be my 2018 predictions report card
Jan 25 I'll have my more detailed 2019 predictions
All week I'll be highlighting 2018 best-sellers across genres and categories and doing more best-sellers lists on twitter.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Jan 22 is the Media Release including all the charts (trying to extend to top 20, and also do 2018 charts by plat, not sure I can yet).
Jan 23 will be my 2018 predictions report card
Jan 25 I'll have my more detailed 2019 predictions
All week I'll be highlighting 2018 best-sellers across genres and categories and doing more best-sellers lists on twitter.

Thank you so much for all the details.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Mat, any chance we could get a VR/PSVR chart for 2018 and your predictions for 2019? I know you enjoyed that AstroBot thingee, so I'm curious as to how well you think these things will sell going forward.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mat, any chance we could get a VR/PSVR chart for 2018 and your predictions for 2019? I know you enjoyed that AstroBot thingee, so I'm curious as to how well you think these things will sell going forward.

I'll do a "PSVR Required" Software chart. Still digging into the data to see if there's a story to tell on PSVR HW sales. I'm still very bearish on immersive gaming VR. It might find a sustainable niche, but I don't think we're there yet, and I'm not too confident I see a high likelihood path to get there. Shrug.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll do a "PSVR Required" Software chart. Still digging into the data to see if there's a story to tell on PSVR HW sales. I'm still very bearish on immersive gaming VR. It might find a sustainable niche, but I don't think we're there yet, and I'm not too confident I see a high likelihood path to get there. Shrug.

I feel like nextgen could have it be bigger, at least for PSVR.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017

I feel next gen will be PSVR2 chance to grab the mainstream, Sony just need to make it wireless and still be priced at $300. They already killing it with the games imo.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just think, physical results release tomorrow

Right now Mat is relaxing in the glow of numbers knowing how everything shakes out while we wait

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just think, physical results release tomorrow

Right now Mat is relaxing in the glow of numbers knowing how everything shakes out while we wait
n0we4h84239y.jpg

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plot Twist

NOA canceled PR because they realized I got everyone hyped up for 2 million Switch being a possibility and they missed that so now numbers will look underwhelming

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Plot Twist

NOA canceled PR because they realized I got everyone hyped up for 2 million Switch being a possibility and they missed that so now numbers will look underwhelming

Or maybe they're just so used to massively undershooting their numbers that they decided to wait for official NPD numbers rather than use their own.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Plot Twist

In true Nintendo style I expect the PR to say they sold more than 1 million units when they actually sold 2.3 million.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
I'm just gonna give dumb software predictions for tomorrow cause why not.

Smash Bros Ultimate: 4.2 Million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 1.35 Million
Super Mario Party: 1.30 Million
Pokémon Let's Go: 1.4 Million
Breath of the Wild: 650k
Mario Odyssey: 800k
Splatoon 2: 300k

My predictions they probably won't be right.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I say as an enthusiastic Nintendo fan: do not enter Nintendo first party threads, not even once. Probably leave Direct threads alone too. Only horror awaits you.