• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I stopped watching WWE so no point to vote for any WWE superstar / match award.

Best Male Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year

Zack Saber Jr.

Why? technical wrestling is my favorite and he is the wrestler that can showcase it most of the time. He had an amazing fist half of the year with his ascension in NJPW, winning the J-Cup, tapping out Tanahashi. Great matches at the indies vs Walter, Riddle, A-Kid, Hechicero. Decent showing at the G1. Grat matches at RevPro against Ishii and great tag work with Suzuki at both NJPW and RevPro.

Best Female Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year

This one was difficult, but Kay Lee Ray takes it thanks to her amazing matches against Dash and Meiko, her great rivalry in the UK indies with Viper, her consistent work in EVE and the amazing brawls she can do.

Best Tag Team of the Year

I know many people do not care about NJPW IWGP Jr. Tag, but the work of El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru was great. El Desperado is a great wrestler that never got a real chance to show what he learned in Mexico and Kanemaru is a Jr. legend whose work at NOAH was amazing.

"The Drizzling Shits" Award for Worst On-Screen Performer and "The Hot Take" Most Overrated Wrestler of the Year goes to:

Cody Rhodes.

Both for him, why? There are many worst wrestlers than Cody, not denying that, but none gets booked at the main event level like him. He is a wrestler that does not add anything special to his matches, in the case of the three way with Ibushi and Omega he took from the match. He gets many chances at the top just because he is a privileged wrestler like his two chances for the IWGP HW Title. And just when it looked he was improving after his match with Ibushi at WK he starts that awful BC civil war story that lead to nothing of worth. He is my bathroom break.

"The Rusev" Award for Most Underutilized Performer

Daniel Makabe

He is probably one of the last treasures of the US indie scene and most promotions are ignoring him. He is a great technical wrestler, and even if his name and style can feel like a copy of Danie Bryan, he mixed it really well to create his own style. He is finally getting a chance at Black Label Pro, so expect great things from him in 2019.

Comeback of the Year

Bárbaro Cavernario.

Like many great CMLL wrestlers, he was not doing much, but after El Terrible injury and him tagging with Los Ingobernables and being in the main event of CMLL Aniversario show his been amazing. His series of matches with Rey Fénix and his work with LI make him the comeback of the year.

"The King Kong Bundy WrestleMania 2 to 3" Fall from Grace Award

Minorou Suzuki, he had a decent start of the year and a decent showing in Rev Pro, but other than that not much. He does not even have a match for WK...

Most Improved Wrestler

Soberano Jr.

This is him in 2016, he was a decent luchador. Now? He is becoming one of the best babyface in lucha and one of the mos amazing high flyers in wrestling.

"The Big Show" Award for Please Retire

Atlantis. His time has passed, he can barely wrestle and he never put someone over. Like just lose your mask to a young superstar and retire.

Best Gimmick

Hyper Misao. Her cheating superheroine work is really fun and playful, she can cut some great promos and her cheating tricks are always fun to watch.

"The Bray Wyatt Is Sister Abigail" Award for Worst Gimmick

"The Draw" Sami Callihan and any other Sami related stuff. He is my second most disliked wrestler behind Cody, like just please go back WWE or sign exclusively with AEW.

"What a Maneuver!" Award for Coolest Move/Dive

ZSJ with Orienteering with Napalm Death, El Hechciero with El Conjuro and Stuka Jr. with his Torpedo Plancha dive.

Best Theme Music of the Year

Yuka Sakazaki!!!

Non-WWE Match of the Year

PCO vs Walter at Spring Break 2 and Hyper Misao vs Jun Kasai Eat A Bag Of Chocolate Or Fall Count Is Disabled Falls Count Anywhere at TJP Yes! Wonderland ~ Break Myself!

Both matches reminded me of how fun wrestling can be.

"The Jenna Morasco vs. Sharmell" Award for Worst Fucking Match

L.A. Park vs Penta el Zero M at MLW War Games.

I have seen both wrestler give more effort at random indies in Mexico.This match was just badly booked and it did not meet the expectations.

Promotion of the Year

1-2-3 Battle!

Yeah, I know. No one here cares or know about this promotion but I had the most fun with them as it is a fun DIY wrestling promotion that is as fun and playful as it gets, has the most amazing wrestling crowd and it is one of the few wholesome wrestling promotions in the world.

Show of the Year

TJP Yes! Wonderland ~ Break Myself! ~

I had the most fun with this event as both the Misao match and the Tag and main title matches were great.

Best Angle

David Arquette death match wrestler.

Yeah, I was worked and this angle was great and the accident just made it better.

The "WWE Promotes Murderous Dictatorships" Award for Angle That Made You Ashamed To Be A Wrestling Fan

WWE.

Gif of the Year

PCO and Walter ultimate show of respect and Bushi pins L.A. Park

WrassleERA Community MVP Award

Arms "The Guillotine" ofsleep

The "I'm Marking Out, Bro" Legit Shook Moment of the Year

PCO starts doing crazy dives at SB2.

"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year

Angel o Demonio throws a brick at el Cuervo.

Fun 'n' Playful Carnyism of the Year

AAA making his main event, Triplemania memorable again for all the wrong reasons like Vampiro farts and "where is my music".

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So this week's RAW ratings are worse than last week? Makes sense. Real test is next week though, because people wouldn't have tuned in without knowing changes had been made.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Christ, Charlotte is so tall.

Is her mom an amazon? Sure as hell ain't getting it from Ric.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just checked two other Big Cartel shops and they only want £4.50 for shipping to Mexico, so you may be in luck?
It's not online yet though.

Please remind me when you see it online. That might be the first wrestling shirt I buy since the time of WCW.

Elimination Tag Team Match
Team Loxton (Kellyanne, Lana Austin, Mercedez Blaze & Sierra Loxton) vs. The Moths (Martina, Angel Moth (Erin Angel), Princess Moth (Jetta) & Vegan Moth (Laura Di Matteo))

Is Laura actually vegan?

Cody is more overpushed than overrated

No one rates him

He gets rated. Some people here were saying at the beginning of the year that he was the "low key wrestler of the year" and stuff like that. And well, many people like him outside this space and defend his work to dead.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good match. Ending being a non-finish as expected hurt it, but what they did was good.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
He gets rated. Some people here were saying at the beginning of the year that he was the "low key wrestler of the year" and stuff like that. And well, many people like him outside this space and defend his work to dead.
The Supercard match was his chance to capitalize on the goodwill of the Kota match and showcase his stuff. The story and everything going into it was awesome and felt important

It was an overbooked BTE match

After that none of it felt like it mattered because it was clear it was a dumbass BTE feud

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Becky got Charlotte in the head twice with the kendo stick. Ouch.

Great angle though.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they finally brought Asuka back to her pre-WM persona where she felt like a true threat.

The angle with her being BFFs with Naomi just wasn't working.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
he's thinking outside the box I gotta respect it

I thought you would respect my Jericho burial

tumblr_manilmdwa31qi0r5wo1_r1_400.gif

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Becky fucking laid in those kendo stick shots. Good on Charlotte for taking that. Asuka standing tall at the end means she doesn't win on Sunday.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
The Camera work as Asuka was beating up Charlotte and Becky may have been the worst thing I've ever seen on WWE television ever. Please, someone get an animated gif of that bullshit. My God.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
That hasn't meant that for a bit. I think Charlotte is winning, but who knows.
Yeah, and I can't say I'm a fan of Charlotte winning the title. Again. Her current character of trying to be edgy fucking sucks. And I think the only reason they would put the title on her is for a match against Ronda at the Royal Rumble or something. Which I'm fine with, as long as she drops it very soon after that. She will have held the title 8 times in several years and that's fucking insane. She REALLY needs an extended stay outside of the title picture.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Ladies and gentlemen, the WWE Champion, Daniel Bryan!"

*boooooooooo*

Me 365 days ago: cool fantasy booking

I need Finkel to announce him as the NEWWWWWWWW Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
everyone no sold my questionable Jericho soundbyte yesterday, just means Jericho is a non draw in the game of controversy

"More Asian looking"

To steal one from foggy

YIKES

Yeah, and I can't say I'm a fan of Charlotte winning the title. Again. Her current character of trying to be edgy fucking sucks. And I think the only reason they would put the title on her is for a match against Ronda at the Royal Rumble or something. Which I'm fine with, as long as she drops it very soon after that. She will have held the title 8 times in several years and that's fucking insane. She REALLY needs an extended stay outside of the title picture.

She spent almost all of 2017 not as a champion, save for a few months at the beginning and end of the year.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Charlotte's not staying out of the title picture cause anybody beneath the trio of her asuka and becky on SD right now is mediocre at best.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Remember when a good section of 2017 SS womens was built around Naomi and Lana?

And this year around Carmella?

Yeah lets not do that again.