• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've made loud my misgivings with the story, but man that main event segment on NXT was an A+. The performances, the crowd heat, the writing. Just a complete success all-around.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Nina Samuel's theme fuckin rules.

Isla Dawn looks like Paige from Daredevil. Meaning she's distractingly beautiful my goodness.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YCm4iEb.jpg
Only thing missing is

"you're now cursed, share it with 10 people or else you'll be a fucking mark for the rest of your life"

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to watch the Sera/Fujimoto exploding bat match while in bed is a very cool thing

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it's gonna be reaaaaal dumb when The Bucks show up on Sunday and get into the WK Tag Title match after doing nothing for months

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say it's gonna be reaaaaal dumb when The Bucks show up on Sunday and get into the WK Tag Title match after doing nothing for months

Question: Is this always a bad thing? I'm sure they're aiming for "some people have the prestige and they can ask for a title shot whenever they want". Is that just BS?

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question: Is this always a bad thing? I'm sure they're aiming for "some people have the prestige and they can ask for a title shot whenever they want". Is that just BS?

For the HW and Jr. tags no, as that been happening in NJPW for a long time. But it is bad booking, as it de-valuates the tag league. Like if the Bucks can come and do that, then any tag that has won the Title in NJPW could say they also deserve it. And that is how you end with boring tag gauntlets. Honestly, both tag leagues need to be moved.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I haven' tbeen keeping up over the last few days so I'm behind on the newz...

You would hope that NWA mark Trips at least takes some lessons on the negatives of what happened with the WWF expansion but we've known pretty much since NXT got rebranded that the ultimate goal was a global "territory" like system except all the promotions are owned by one entity. It could also potentially be worse depending on where it goes.

That said, I'm not sure the AWA is the best example to use, that's like blaming Vince for the collapse of WCCW, I get the most easily recognizable but even without Vince the AWA wasn't going to make it out of the early 90s as long as Verne was in charge even without Vince's raiding, much of which did got through Hogan in the case of the AWA where a lot of people were frustrated with Verne to begin with. If Vince didn't do it someone else would have, Turner would've still bought out Crockett and probably gone a similar route. The real victims were the smaller, more local territories that WWE muscled in on who in no way could compete with the WWF's production which pushed them out their TV slots on top of losing their top talent.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
For the HW and Jr. tags no, as that been happening in NJPW for a long time. But it is bad booking, as it de-valuates the tag league. Like if the Bucks can come and do that, then any tag that has won the Title in NJPW could say they also deserve it. And that is how you end with boring tag gauntlets. Honestly, both tag leagues need to be moved.

No no no, not "I won the tag titles". That qualifies any goober who was a transitional champ. No, we're talking people like the Bucks. The best other example I can think is John Cena or Hiroshi Tanahashi. People who always have some kind of gold around their waists. People who, just having titles makes title look more prestigious. Those sorts of people.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No no no, not "I won the tag titles". That qualifies any goober who was a transitional champ. No, we're talking people like the Bucks. The best other example I can think is John Cena or Hiroshi Tanahashi. People who always have some kind of gold around their waists. People who, just having titles makes title look more prestigious. Those sorts of people.

The Bucks are new to the HW scene in NJPW, they are only a one time HW tag champions, so I do not think that qualifies them as a Tanahashi for their division q:

But it is bad booking as it makes wrestlers like KES (that have won many HW tag titles) or even G.O.D. have an argument just for the amount of tag titles that they have won.

Like it is not as bad as Cody getting multiple IWGP WH title chances (once for winning the US title, the other for who knows), but it looks bad coming after the tag league.

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 of Mixed Match Challenge was fucking bad. There's still one episode left, but I can't imagine it's going to be much better

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like imagine if Okada interrupted a Tanahashi/Omega promo and said as the ex-IWGP HW champion he deserved a chance at WK. Then Naito comes and says as the most popular wrestler in Japan, he deserves one too. Then Gedo makes the singles match a 4 way for the IWGP HW title.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Like imagine if Okada interrupted a Tanahashi/Omega promo and said as the ex-IWGP HW champion he deserved a chance at WK. Then Naito comes and says as the most popular wrestler in Japan, he deserves one too. Then Gedo makes the singles match a 4 way for the IWGP HW title.

I don't have the aversion to 3 and 4 way matches ya'll do, but it does sound more ridiculous when it's like that.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the aversion to 3 and 4 way matches ya'll do, but it does sound more ridiculous when it's like that.

My problem is that this happens after the Tag League. Like you have several teams fighting for weeks to get a chance at the titles at WK and then some teams just come and demand chances. That is why I do not like it. Maybe change the date of the Tag League or something.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
My problem is that this happens after the Tag League. Like you have several teams fighting for weeks to get a chance at the titles at WK and then some teams just come and demand chances. That is why I do not like it. Maybe change the date of the Tag League or something.

I don't disagree with this either. Frankly, the way this is set up is weird. The World Tag League is in December, but the Super Jr. Tag League is just a month before it. One or both of them need to move. January's basically empty, push one of them there.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Any of you guys or gals get WWE as one of their top artist on Spotify Wrapped?

Don't be shy this is a safe space.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, WWE were actually trying to sign Marko Stunt. They really do want everyone with even the slightest bit of buzz, if only to deny other promotions those potential stars.

What a pathetic, cowardly excuse for a company.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, WWE were actually trying to sign Marko Stunt. They really do want everyone with even the slightest bit of buzz, if only to deny other promotions those potential stars.

What a pathetic, cowardly excuse for a company.

Janela should try to book the worst wrestler possible to see if WWE offers them a deal.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Only in sports and wrestling do people get shit on for taking up a promising career opportunity with a bigger company LOL. In most industries people are congratulated for it. The UK guys still busting their asses on the indies between NXT tapings especially don't deserve it.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The UK guys still busting their asses on the indies between NXT tapings especially don't deserve it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those lads saying "I want to get paid/realise a lifelong dream in working for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world", but can get fucked with the whole "WWE is a benevolent entity that can co-exist with independent wrestling, in-spite of all historic evidence to the contrary!" spiel, frankly.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
maybe it's a masterplan by Itami: get WWE to sign Kushida so they'll have their token japanese guy on 205 and he could finally be free to go back to Japan and kick some heads