• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Thats a pretty blunt answer with no 'now' in it or any other word play by Deep Silver. Sucks for Xbox players i guess.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the reverse of the Kingdom Hearts situation, huh? There we didn't have the collection with prior games on Xbox One but Kingdom Hearts 3 did arrive. Here we got Shenmue I + II on Xbox One but III isn't coming? The fuck.

Then again it's probably one of those "we have a deal with Sony so we can only talk about an Xbox version after the game releases on PS4" situations.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
As if a twitter account would confirm something especially if this could be a E3 announcement.

Oct 27, 2017
So PS4 and PC fans weren't duped after all?

Can't believe someone would think console wars were the reason the Kickstarter was succesful.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That's a shame, but I don't think it means it will never hit the platform. Microsoft could always work out a deal. Our Xbox brethren should get it too.

That reminds me, I should check out my Kickstarter pledge to see if they need me to answer some question.

indask8

Oct 28, 2017
Wait and see, they probably don't want to spoil their key E3 announcement.

Not the first time a video game publisher says no to a rumour, just to announce it weeks later.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the pre-order site used a common template for its code and that's why there were mentions to the Xbox in its source code?

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
It'll still happen, eventually. They're just focusing on the PS4 and PC versions for now and trying to get them finished. Suzuki and his team are probably crunching hard right now. The last thing they need is the added work that a port would cause.

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
True, but you never know. As far as I'm concerned, the website wasn't enough to highlight that. BUT I also think that DS wouldn't say "it's coming" if it is planned to be announced later.
I'm keeping an open mind, but if it's really something at MS' press conference on Sunday it might have just been easier to stay silent.

That's what they did when the delay leaked.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
It'll still happen, eventually. They're just focusing on the PS4 and PC versions for now and trying to get them finished. Suzuki and his team are probably crunching hard right now. The last thing they need is the added work that a port would cause.
Shouldn't get your hopes up, and even so by the time it supposedly releases, any person interested in Shenmue 3 is going to have played it already elsewhere.
It's like KH3, turns out people that didnt played the other games didnt liked KH3 and called it many things. It's the same with Shenmue 3, it's definitely a game for fans of the series.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Shouldn't get your hopes up, and even so by the time it supposedly releases, any person interested in Shenmue 3 is going to have played it already elsewhere.
It's like KH3, turns out people that didnt played the other games didnt liked KH3 and called it many things. It's the same with Shenmue 3, it's definitely a game for fans of the series.

I kickstarted the PS4 version, so I don't care either way tbh. I'm just saying, from a realistic point of view, the game probably will get ported to Xbox platforms later down the line.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusivity on third party games sucks. But it's not the first time this happened: MS bought Shenmue 2's exclusivity on Xbox a long time ago for the US market.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Give it 6 months and it'll get a version with MS character capsule toys in.

The more places to buy Shenmue 3 the better. 4 needs to be funded with this one still not finishing the story.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is the reverse of the Kingdom Hearts situation, huh? There we didn't have the collection with prior games on Xbox One but Kingdom Hearts 3 did arrive. Here we got Shenmue I + II on Xbox One but III isn't coming? The fuck.

Then again it's probably one of those "we have a deal with Sony so we can only talk about an Xbox version after the game releases on PS4" situations.
If they had a deal with Sony there wouldn't be a mention of the PC version as well, in fact when the Kickstarter was announced on Sony's stage Adam mentioned the PC version as well.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they had a deal with Sony there wouldn't be a mention of the PC version as well, in fact when the Kickstarter was announced on Sony's stage Adam mentioned the PC version as well.

Such deals can be console exclusive deals, too, as in skipping all consoles but the PS4. PC is not a console. Death Stranding, for one, is coming to PC too, but hell has to freeze over before it would arrive to Microsoft or Nintendo consoles.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Such deals can be console exclusive deals, too, as in skipping all consoles but the PS4. PC is not a console.
Nioh has a deal with Sony and they only mention the PS4 version but we know it'll come to PC too.
Death Stranding, for one, is coming to PC too,
There is no truth to this, and of course it won't come to other consoles, it's a first party game.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
someone wrote some time ago in the old Forum, that the japanese devs have huge Problems with dealing with Deep silver, not sure if this game pans out as good. i think this will be some duke nukem forever shit :(

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Sony had a deal with Capcom for Street Fighter V and it came out for PC. Quantic Dreams former Sony exclusives have also gone to PC and seemingly don't have Xbox ports planned.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally didn't want it to take up space at the conference. So it's good for me. Could still happen tho....

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It was always played as a PS4 console exclusive, not sure why anyone thought a website snafu meant different.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sony had a deal with Capcom for Street Fighter V and it came out for PC. Quantic Dreams former Sony exclusives have also gone to PC and seemingly don't have Xbox ports planned.
We already have an official word from Sony about their involvement in the project.

So I want to switch gears a little bit. I want to talk to you about Shenmue and crowdfunding. That was announced onstage on Monday and it's at about $3 million now. So let me ask you: Why did Sony PlayStation decide to allow that crowdfunding announcement as opposed to funding it?

Ah, no, no, no. It's a very exciting project and there are lots of PlayStation fans asking for it. But it's a Sega IP and of course Suzuki Yu-san is the creator. So somehow Suzuki-san was able to work out with Sega to allow them to Kickstart the project. And because we liked the project, our third-party relations team struck a deal to help Kickstart the campaign at the E3 conference. That's great PR.

QD games are a special situation and have nothing to do with what we are talking about though.

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"There is no planned version of Shenmue III for Xbox One."

Sooo, it's coming to Xbox Scarlet, I take it. :)

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Yeah I find that a huge shame as well. I'd love to play those games on Xbox. I wonder why they aren't bringing em over. Hell put them on GP as well for all I care.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame and missed opportunity. A lot of Dreamcast fans came to the Xbox platform as it was basically the "Dreamcast 2" and they got to enjoy Shenmue 2 for the investment. (As well as Panzer Dragoon, Jet Grind Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Project Gotham Racing, and many more)

It's a damn shame they're getting snubbed now.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
someone wrote some time ago in the old Forum, that the japanese devs have huge Problems with dealing with Deep silver, not sure if this game pans out as good. i think this will be some duke nukem forever shit :(
I can assure you Yu Suzuki has 100% creative control over Shenmue 3. It was well in development before Deep Silver came aboard. What DS did do was give the game a bigger budget which is a huge plus.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. Hilarious looking at that thread from yesterday now. So many certain it was day one on Xbox.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Shenmue is so weird. First it was a Sega exclusive, then it was on Sega and Xbox, now it's PlayStation and PC