• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, sorry if there's an official PC thread for these kind of questions, I searched but didn't find anything.

Anyway, I've had the Dell S2417DG monitor for a while now, and it's a fine display, but I feel like a recent driver update may have screwed with my color settings, and I can't figure out a way to fix it.

I've searched for display settings online, and they all seem to dark, or too bright and washed-out. I had a ton of difficulty playing Wolf 2 because no matter my settings, any spot in a level that wasn't under a direct light source was just too dark. Destiny 2 doesn't look right either, to the extent that my PS4 version is my pleasant to look at, which shouldn't be the case.

If anyone could share their settings for the monitor, as well as their Nvidia Control Panel settings, I'd very much appreciate it!

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
To be fair Wolf 2 was intended to be like that, very contrasty-game. Which is why enemies have tiny lights on them so you can see where they are.
Windows 10 has a calibrate your display tool inbuilt, by the way.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I had the same problem as well with my S2716dg. Standard settings are way too bright, the colors look washed out and if I tried to tweak it, I got massive color banding.

After more than I year, I finally got it right. I used the icc profile from tftcentral in combination with following settings:

OSD:

Red 95%
Green 96%
Blue 99%
Contrast 75%

My brightness varies from 22 - 38% depending on the application/game

Nvidia settings:

Gamma:
Red channel 0.69
Green channel 0.70
Blue channel 0.75

Digital Vibrance default

I hope this is any help for you!

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
I think the monitor is just fucked. Gamma for consoles is fucked anway, since you can't adjust it, and even on my PC it's either too bright or too dark.

Does this site have a good gamma test? Because if it has, then I can't get it right for the life of me. The colors are just never blurred at 2.2. Never.

OP
OP
J_Viper

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same problem as well with my S2716dg. Standard settings are way too bright, the colors look washed out and if I tried to tweak it, I got massive color banding.

After more than I year, I finally got it right. I used the icc profile from tftcentral in combination with following settings:

OSD:

Red 95%
Green 96%
Blue 99%
Contrast 75%

Nvidia settings:

Gamma:
Red channel 0.69
Green channel 0.70
Blue channel 0.75

Digital Vibrance default

Thanks for this!

These new color settings made Destiny look way better!

-Wingman-

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa

OSD:

Red 95%
Green 96%
Blue 99%
Contrast 75%

Nvidia settings:

Gamma:
Red channel 0.69
Green channel 0.70
Blue channel 0.75

Digital Vibrance default

I have the 27" version of this monitor and these settings look great at first glance. Thank you!