• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to go back to Alpha Sapphire and play this after recent 3DS Pokemon talks on this site, and honestly, this may be the most disappointed I've been with a game's feature in a long time.

For starters, pre-release, Delta Episode really was promoted as this amazing new addition that the remakes had, being this extremely epic tale. Beating the main game in ORAS gives you some ominous music and the delta symbol appearing, followed by a to be continued subtitle.

I was super excited going in to have all these adventures involving space, which...never really happened.

What did the actual game end up being? Just going back and forth between random caves and Mossdeep for about an hour, with a lot of exposition that didn't really contribute to anything that wasn't already known or inferred.

You then get to the last dungeon, which again, you don't really do anything in besides listen to more exposition.

You get to the end of it, more chats with Zinnia, who let me say, was one of the main disappointments. Thought she'd be this super skilled and knowledgeable, given how the rest of the NPCs talked about her. NOPE, she also pretty much was lost most of the time as well. Even when you fight her it's a joke because you're forced to have Rayquaza on your team and they can take out her team in an instant.

The cutscene of going into space was pretty cool. What wasn't cool is that there really was no conflict in dealing with the meteor and the only thing afterward was facing off againsy Deoxys.

And...that's it. The game has a little scene at Mossdeep and then everyone returns to their normal lives. Going off that last sentence, that's what bugged me a lot about this experience, it wasn't impactful. I feel like my overall opinion of ORAS hasn't changed due to the fact this episode didn't really add or take away anything to the game at all.

I played Sun and Moon and beat them before going back to this, and it feels like the whole issue of the former having too many cutscenes stems from this episode. Don't get me wrong, I love cinematics, but to place them with no pacing or meaning just takes you out of the experience.

Overall, I just wish more was done with ORAS's post game and honestly handling as a remake altogether.

Wbat about you Era, what did you think of the Delta Episode?