• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
How do you trigger that (egg spoilers?!)
secret tree room with the NPC who gives you the egg? I found most of those secrets in the video on my own but missed that one.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

Toby's so fucking good at composing really short tracks that are easy to listen to for very long periods of time.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the opening track from the OST not using a sounds from Earthbound? Its a nice homage and all but when you're selling it for money isn't that potentially a problem?
I've been wondering about this for a while because Undertale is filled with samples from other games too but it looks like companies just don't care. UT had Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X guitars, Touhou horns, Mario Paint (I think)...

But yeah that one song has Giygas samples.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reasonably sure the use of samples is covered under fair use. There are a lot of professional artists that borrow more than UT does from Earthbound, for example.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Toby Fox has made songs using entire lines from Nicolas Cage movies and Blue's Clues episodes that were also sold for money. If those weren't issues, then samples are fine.

Oct 29, 2017
I do wish he'd loop the tracks released on Bandcamp a few times then fade them out. I'd do it myself in Audacity, but the exporting process messes with the bitrate.

If you import the FLACs then it'll be lossless until you export it as something lossy or if you export FLAC there won't be any loss involved. So it's doable.

There are ways around it but, like you say, it would be nice if they just looped a couple of times on the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
So going off the sentiment I've seen here that the Dark World is sort of a manifestation of the psychology of the people who enter it; is the implication that Lancer is sort of a 'dark' version of Susie and that she has daddy issues of some sort? I'd sat that Ralsei could be Kris missing Asriel but, how PC's actually work or feel things when the player isn't directly controlling them, I'm not entirely sure where the 'verse stands on it.

Unrelated, any advice on beating Jevil? I'm having hella problems fighting him.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I listened to Field of Hopes and Dreams and The World is Revolving at least 200 time* each since the game came out.

Help.

*- Could be more.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
So going off the sentiment I've seen here that the Dark World is sort of a manifestation of the psychology of the people who enter it; is the implication that Lancer is sort of a 'dark' version of Susie and that she has daddy issues of some sort? I'd sat that Ralsei could be Kris missing Asriel but, how PC's actually work or feel things when the player isn't directly controlling them, I'm not entirely sure where the 'verse stands on it.
It's not so much that Lancer is a "dark" version of Susie as much as both Lancer and King seem designed to give Susie someone to befriend and someone to protect that friend from who mirrors her own behavior. It is heavily implied that Susie comes from an abusive home though. When she tries complimenting enemies by telling them things she wishes people said to her, she can say things like "Your outfit is NOT disgusting," and she mentions not having eaten anything besides chalk at one point suggesting that her parents probably don't really feed her.

If you talk to people around town, a lot of them comment how Kris usually acts around them and things they've done in the past, and if you talk to Toriel and to people in the restaurant, they'll paint a picture of how close Kris and Asriel were, moreso after their parents split up. The biggest thing tying Ralsei to Kris are his conspicuously red horns, since you can find out that Kris used to wear one of those devil horns accessories all the time when they were younger.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
It's not so much that Lancer is a "dark" version of Susie as much as both Lancer and King seem designed to give Susie someone to befriend and someone to protect that friend from who mirrors her own behavior. It is heavily implied that Susie comes from an abusive home though. When she tries complimenting enemies by telling them things she wishes people said to her, she can say things like "Your outfit is NOT disgusting," and she mentions not having eaten anything besides chalk at one point suggesting that her parents probably don't really feed her.

If you talk to people around town, a lot of them comment how Kris usually acts around them and things they've done in the past, and if you talk to Toriel and to people in the restaurant, they'll paint a picture of how close Kris and Asriel were, moreso after their parents split up. The biggest thing tying Ralsei to Kris are his conspicuously red horns, since you can find out that Kris used to wear one of those devil horns accessories all the time when they were younger.

I guess I shouldn't have said 'dark'. I guess more I'm getting at is that the Dark World, or that instance of it, is sort of a manifestation of their desires/issues. I guess my question though is the nature of 'Souls' in the Verse.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a dumb thing that gets me at the beginning of the game part of the game
the very first save point:

Kris LV1 0:00

when you save it changes Kris' name to your "creator" name

I felt like this is a big thing. did anyone ever discuss it and what it means?

We the player are an entity controlling Kris. The ending seems to be that someone else (likely Chara) is controlling Kris.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
dumb idea/theory/whetever:
Sans: so here he is, my little brother Wild DouG. They call us the Aster brothers.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God, you can be so mean to Ralsei and it hurts so bad. Sorry fully boy, I need to see all the evil stuff :(

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
For those who don't want to click the links

DrlIDcvVYAA5Sce.jpg

DrlIExcU8AAqA_M.jpg

DrlIGcGVYAAbvjl.jpg

DrlIHmhU4AEa9Ym.jpg

product_DR_plush_signup_photo1_1024x1024.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Ralsei I wish

He remained the black furred, spider-fanged fluffy boi instead of just being Asriel 2.0

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Every time you reset the Character Pin Set page it changes to a different name for the !$?! Squad

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Aww. No Lancer on any of the shirts.
That Ralsei plush though fuck.

I need to get the Sans plush at some point, I only have the Toriel one.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I DID IT

EAT SHIT JEVIL

Once I'm done with all these bets I'mma give myself a Jevil avatar to commemorate this.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
"name your vessel"

https://youtu.be/JnkGQ5rQzPs?t=286

Here you force Kris to drop the ball of junk even though they don't want to.

Kris is a creepy weirdo that doesn't talk to anyone cause they're possessed all the time.

I think the possession might be a new thing. I also personally don't think it's another person possessing Kris, they just realized we were in their body and they were rightfully taking control. As for the knife i felt like that was a warning to us, the player rather than "i'm going to kill everyone" type of thing.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the possession might be a new thing. I also personally don't think it's another person possessing Kris, they just realized we were in their body and they were rightfully taking control. As for the knife i felt like that was a warning to us, the player rather than "i'm going to kill everyone" type of thing.

I was considering this option as well.

We are possessing Kris. At the end, Kris rips us out of them and locks us in the cage.

OR, we are possessing Kris, and at the end Chara possessed Kris and kicks us out.

The only thing supporting the second is the shirt color and knife, but wouldn't put it past Toby to fuck with us with misdirection like that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kris is obviously meant to be evocative of Chara but I don't know if they're this universe's version of them.

I want to say something like "we make Kris heroic" but then I remember they fight back against your decision to throw the Ball of Junk away and act in the cutscene against King of their own volition.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was considering this option as well.

We are possessing Kris. At the end, Kris rips us out of them and locks us in the cage.

OR, we are possessing Kris, and at the end Chara possessed Kris and kicks us out.

The only thing supporting the second is the shirt color and knife, but wouldn't put it past Toby to fuck with us with misdirection like that.

I don't think Chara has anything to do with it. If this is another Universe, I don't see Chara playing a part in it cause nothing that occurred with them should have occurred in this universe.