• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
...2022 sounds right!

Also, I love how he's been mulling around so many of these concepts for almost a decade, especially the ending. Really curious as to how that stuck with him so intensely, coming from a fever dream, no less.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will do again on Switch...and PS4 if there are trophies, though I doubt it.

Any reason is good to listen to Field of Hopes and Dreams again.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are some games like Undertale/Deltarune to pass the time? Preferably on Switch/PS4.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't played OneShot, I'd recommend it. Does some interesting things and has a sorta similar vibe; I was very fond of it by the end of my time with it.

It's only on PC, though.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
If you haven't played OneShot, I'd recommend it. Does some interesting things and has a sorta similar vibe; I was very fond of it by the end of my time with it.

It's only on PC, though.
Yeah, Undertale and Deltarune could change a couple of things to work on consoles but OneShot REALLY wouldn't work on consoles.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
wow how amazing is this! I absolutely LOVED Undertale but this seems even better from what I've seen. Even for the fact alone that there is a party system in place now <3

But it's again hard as hell...
I can't manage to beat Jevil for the life of me. I have seen some youtube videos of people beating him, and that makes me wonder if controls on PC are just more responsive. Because it seems impossible to avoid his attacks like that using the control stick on the Switch. Any input on this?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wow how amazing is this! I absolutely LOVED Undertale but this seems even better from what I've seen. Even for the fact alone that there is a party system in place now <3

But it's again hard as hell...
I can't manage to beat Jevil for the life of me. I have seen some youtube videos of people beating him, and that makes me wonder if controls on PC are just more responsive. Because it seems impossible to avoid his attacks like that using the control stick on the Switch. Any input on this?
Feels like the opposite to me, I beat him with relative ease on PC but only because I was using a dualshock 4. Then again I'm sure it's a matter of preference.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys is there a SAVE POINT when getting back to school/town after
that fight with Lancer's father.
Can't find any for the life of me and I don't want to go back home since mom says "you'll go to bed early " and I'm afraid I might miss some content (speaking with town's npcs and whatnot)

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Excuse the bump but someone's made a 60fps hack for Deltarune

A Deltarune mod that reprograms the whole game to run at a non-sped up 60FPS in contrast to the game's default 30FPS. It makes the game look and possibly play much more smoothly. The mod is in a near-finished state and only has a very minor amount of bugs at this point.

How to use mod (data.win):
1: (Optional but recommended) Make a backup of your default Deltarune data.win(Program Files (x86) / SURVEY_PROGRAM)
2: Replace data.win in SURVEY_PROGRAM folder with the one you downloaded here
3: The mod should be active at this point. Enjoy!

How to use mod (Deltapatcher)
1: (Recommended) Make a backup of your Deltarune data.win (Found in C:/Program Files (x86)/SURVEY_PROGRAM ) before proceeding.
2: Run DeltaPatcher.exe
3: For Original File, navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/SURVEY_PROGRAM (Or wherever you installed Deltarune) and select data.win
4: For xdelta patch, select Deltarune60FPSHack.xdelta
5: Select Apply Patch and it should patch successfully!
5.5: If you receive an "Access is denied" error, restart from Step 2 but run DeltaPatcher.exe as Administrator!

Pretty tremendous stuff, only gave it a quick go and it seemed to play nicely without issue. It's seen a few revisions so any issues it still has will hopefully get patched.

Would be ace if Undertale got this too though I suspect that's a pretty large undertaking (EDIT: oh wow Undertale is in the works too!)

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to playing this. Since it's a free demo of sorts and all I guess I don't want to be too critical of it, but this doesn't feel as special as Undertale.

Not sure what to make of all the Undertale characters that pop up in the game. That was more distracting than anything else.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to playing this. Since it's a free demo of sorts and all I guess I don't want to be too critical of it, but this doesn't feel as special as Undertale.

Not sure what to make of all the Undertale characters that pop up in the game. That was more distracting than anything else.
Dunno, it's just the first chapter, I guess it's unfair to compare with Undertale, which is a complete product.