• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Note: the above is branded as a kickstarter trailer but that campaign was funded a while back. Just an old video.

Play a FREE pre-release DEMO of JUPITER HELL on Steam all weekend!

1. Retweet!
2. Join the Discord: http://discord.gg/jupiterhell
3. Message the "CRI Command" bot the secret passcode: !Hell4U
4. Play and wishlist!

WELCOME TO A TURN-BASED ROGUELIKE COSMIC HELL, MARINE!

I got a chance to play this at PAX East a couple months ago and it's a real good time. I never played the developer's DOOMRL project so I'm not sure how much that has carried over, but things like the new cover system is a smart addition to help balance ranged combat in the traditional Rougelike setting. Peeking around corners as your vision expands only to retreat back so you guard yourself from enemy fire is fantastic.

Also, the game supports both gamepads and 21:9. Good stuff all around!

qlfFaqn.png

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
i've been playing this a bunch, and its the most accessible roguelike i've played yet. probably there day 1

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
DoomRL is very fun and very faithful to classic doom. hopefully this lives up. i've been waiting a long time.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Woohoo! I've had this game on my radar even since the kickstarter. Thanks for the info OP, can't wait to try it out!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the demo thanks to some lucky RNG. I'm real interested in checking out the final game.

I'll have to give this harder difficulty options a go as well.

Last edited:

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Demo returns for another weekend run:
EpyonToday at 6:35 PM
Hey @everyone, the FREE Weekend Demo is LIVE again! Message the "CRI Command" bot the secret passcode to get a Steam key ( !Hell4U ) and let us know what you think! Also, tell your friends and communities about it too 😄 HAPPY HUNTING MARINES!

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, that's a couple weeks earlier than expected.

Was able to get in on the free demo weekend and was pretty much insta-sold.

Looking forward to this one.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Backed the KS (so disclaimer and all that jazz) but I've been playing this on and off for the past few months/year and really enjoy it.

It has a long way to go, but it captures most of the things I loved about DOOMRL while feeling modernized and crisp. Time will tell with the full release, but I am already seeing this getting up to the TOME level of "Very accessible for newbies. Deep enough for vets"

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Got a mail with the key, looking forward to trying the game out this week-end. The graphics in the trailer already look pretty good! Is someone making an EA thread?