• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, Bernie should do backroom deals so that he can get absolutely played when they follow through on none of it in addition to losing all credibility with his base.

Well, he's not winning anytime soon so no matter what he does, execution of his platform policies is out of his hands. Your scenario doesn't change if he decides to foolishly stay until the convention pretending like he has a shot when he doesn't.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think the better thing to do is to extend the deadline, encourage people to wait to vote, but still allow in person voting tomorrow. I know a lot of people are working from home right now but a lot more made arrangements to be able to vote and this is a fairly last minute decision. By giving the option, the polling places won't be as crowded.

I think the better thing to do is to extend the deadline, encourage people to wait to vote, but still allow in person voting tomorrow. I know a lot of people are working from home right now but a lot more made arrangements to be able to vote and this is a fairly last minute decision. By giving the option, the polling places won't be as crowded.
I think preventing crowds, of any size, has to take first priority right now.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017

IMO, pretty much everyone bar Sam has been insufferable on the Majority Report this election. As Bernie's chances of winning have become non-existent, some have just doubled down on dumb shit. Like this completely ridiculous 10 minute video about AOC liking a video.

I fucking can't.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
IMO, pretty much everyone bar Sam has been insufferable on the Majority Report this election. As Bernie's chances of winning have become non-existent, some have just doubled down on dumb shit. Like this completely ridiculous 10 minute video about AOC liking a video.

I fucking can't.
...This video is just fucking sad.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Are we really going through this again? The CDC has recommendations for elections. They don't include canceling them: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/election-polling-locations.html

Canceling them would be safer, but I'll leave at that in order to comply with the spirit of the staff post
The current recommendation is to avoid crowds of 10 people. And yet standing in a line for hours on end is somehow exempt from that?

They could easily delay/postpone, with a heavier emphasis on mail in ballots.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Local news is saying there's no legal precedent in Ohio for postponing elections like this, so it might not come to pass.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I fucking can't.
Some choice quotes.

I think that all of them, and Ilhan obviously was different, she put that stuff out on Warren, but they're surrogates. And for for the last several months, look, they don't do what someone like I do, of course, they've been infinitely more polite, but every single Bernie Sanders surrogate should have been saying very clearly for months that, you know, Warren should drop, and just be clear on the differentiation.

The ego on display here is impressive.

And also, guys, she is not nationally popular. Now, is that because of the Republican war on her? Absolutely. But there's gonna be Republicans war on everybody. And I-When I when I see people say, like, y'know, "Well it's just obviously her" I see signals from her that maybe you're- they're not picking up on that are worth looking at. And I see, again, outside of the bubble... Like, I don't know. Cause, look, one of the things with Bernie... Bernie would not be where he was and would withstand an onslaught of... Just every type of demonization attack if he wasn't actually basically popular. And some folks think that just because somebody has a certain left cred but they're liked on the View, that equals universal popularity. But that equals maybe some bridges within part of constituencies of the Democratic Party. At most. There's huge swathes of the electorate and social bases that doesn't cover.

Yes, why couldn't AOC be someone more nationally electable like Bernie Sanders?

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's all triumphantly elect liar 'everything bad I did I didn't do, everything good other people did I actually did' Biden to position of Democratic candidate to go against another odious liar. What could possibly go wrong. Surely the entire electorate is hyper-polarized party fanboys who will excuse any and all hypocrisy from their preferred team, and surely this won't further alienate or prove to people on the sidelines of these electoral contests that the only problem Dems really have with Trump is that it's a Republican sitting in the white house and lying their asses off.

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Good ad.

It would feel better cheering biden's campaign on with this line of attack if his entire performance last night wasn't deflecting from responsibility for his own past actions and straight up lying about it.

Not trying to start a fight, Biden absolutely deserves to be called out when he lies, but some of the things people think he was lying about were true, and others were half truths. Sanders too.

Politifact has its fact check of the debate up.

www.politifact.com

PolitiFact - Fact-checking the Sanders-Biden primary debate

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders debated alone for the first (and maybe last) time Sunday on a closed Washington television

Spoiler, some of the things people claim Biden was lying about were truthful, and both of them fudged things here and there.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the delay is a go?

Edit: Nope looks like everyone jumping the gun.

Last edited:

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Just read about Biden shitting on the italian public health system. Why can't the DNC just have an actual left-wing candidate?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't you check your sources before repeating nonsense?

I assume he means Biden in the debate. Biden brought up Italy's system as a counterpoint to Bernie's assertion that m4a would mitigate pandemics like this. Saying something like their system isn't helping them now.

Aug 12, 2019

I fucking can't.

I see relatively few issues with this clip and its the usual Majority Report thing of just sort of talking about a topic as a jumping off point for several different conversations. They just wanted to talk about AOC and what her future might entail, and Brooks specifically goes out of his way to tell people not to cancel and not to idolize specific voices and that we can criticize them. Like, sure, the worst thing he says is about Warren dropping out, but Brooks just straight up doesn't like Warren and will always be honest in saying that. Lots of people on the left side of things have either similarly had reservations about her or become very disappointed in her through this campaign. Jamie and Michael are the two furthest left voices on the show these days. And specifically Michael will admit to just being an ass about some things at times, which is normal too.

You're making a fuss over relatively nothing.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I assume he means Biden in the debate. Biden brought up Italy's system as a counterpoint to Bernie's assertion that m4a would mitigate pandemics like this. Saying something like their system isn't helping them now.

I don't think that's quite it. Bernie was asked about Coronavirus and his answer to that was "Medicare for All", which Biden explained while Medicare For All is great, it isn't the solution to the question, pointing out Italy. A lot more has to be done than that for virus prevention.

That doesn't mean Biden is attacking M4A. It means Bernie doesn't know how to talk about anything that isn't in his stump speech.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk I saw the video so maybe I misunderstood?

Biden asserted that M4A would not solve this crisis, pointing to Italy as a single payer system. That is not criticism of the Italian healthcare system, nor M4A really.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the Ohio election is still on for tomorrow?

www.dispatch.com

Coronavirus: Ohio Supreme Court allows delay to primary election

Ohioans awoke today to a surreal Election Day with no election.Early Tuesday, the Ohio Supreme Court denied a legal challenge to the state delaying the

Looks like. The bad thing is that CNN just tweeted that it was granted. People are saying the the Board of Election is telling poll workers not to set up. It's 7:30 pm. This is going to be a clusterfuck.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
CNN is gonna fuck everything up in Ohio tmw, great.

It's Dewine. He was doing so well with the coronavirus response and then he waits to the last minute to push this plan. From the moment it started it's been rife with intentional or unintentional misinformation. Also yes, fuck CNN for pushing that tweet after the suit was denied. They've fixed the story on their site, but haven't done a correction on their twitter yet.

www.cnn.com

Ohio governor announces polls will be closed Tuesday over coronavirus

Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced late Monday night that polls will be closed in the state on Tuesday as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I see relatively few issues with this clip and its the usual Majority Report thing of just sort of talking about a topic as a jumping off point for several different conversations. They just wanted to talk about AOC and what her future might entail, and Brooks specifically goes out of his way to tell people not to cancel and not to idolize specific voices and that we can criticize them. Like, sure, the worst thing he says is about Warren dropping out, but Brooks just straight up doesn't like Warren and will always be honest in saying that. Lots of people on the left side of things have either similarly had reservations about her or become very disappointed in her through this campaign. Jamie and Michael are the two furthest left voices on the show these days. And specifically Michael will admit to just being an ass about some things at times, which is normal too.

You're making a fuss over relatively nothing.
Using this sentence to defend that segment is some serious irony.

Michael's criticism of AOC boiled down to "She called Warren's tweet epic", "She didn't do enough for the campaign and should have been dumping on Warren more", and "She's not popular nationwide to win 2028" with comparisons to Bernie 'I'm getting smoked two primaries in a row' Sanders.

Sorry if I'm being too critical of Michael Brooks' specific voice instead of idolizing him. But if you think we're making a fuss over "relatively nothing", we're not the ones posting a video with the title "AOC calls Warren's SNL appearance legendary".

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
It's Dewine. He was doing so well with the coronavirus response and then he waits to the last minute to push this plan. From the moment it started it's been rife with intentional or unintentional misinformation. Also yes, fuck CNN for pushing that tweet after the suit was denied. They've fixed the story on their site, but haven't done a correction on their twitter yet.

www.cnn.com

Ohio governor announces polls will be closed Tuesday over coronavirus

Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced late Monday night that polls will be closed in the state on Tuesday as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Yeah, DeWine has actually been pretty good and ahead of the game but somehow this got messed up a bit. They waited too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.