• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The EITC is a wage subsidy for low income workers. Harris's proposal is an expansion of that wage subsidy, the largest effects of which would be to cover single childless people, who are currently excluded - fixing this is a big thing Ro Khanna's talked about previously.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Just voted here in FL. Poll worker tells me that flow has been steady and higher than previous primaries even with COVID panic.

Perspicacity

Banned
Dec 16, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
I'll credit Biden for having the more revolutionary campaign as he sends his base to the polls to die in waves like the red army

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland's primary is pushed back to June, joining other states. At this point Bernie almost has to ride it out to the convention, there is too much uncertainty with the process to drop out now.

I will say, watching the press conference today, that Trump is starting to respond appropriately to the COVID-19 virus and the economic decline. He's not going to be easy to beat in November, I think he's stumbling into the right answers, and he's going to get (undeserved!) credit for maybe staving off a worst disaster. This whole thing is a nightmare.

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the DNC threatening to punish states and disenfranchise voters for the crime of trying to promote public safety during a pandemic?

Jan 11, 2018
Just voted in Illinois. Polling place was basically empty. This was my first time voting, and I didn't like how they made you chose a party and sign your name before voting. I told them I had no party affiliation, and that the two party system is one of the things that's hugely wrong with our voting system. For the sake of getting my votes in though I chose Dem of course.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland's primary is pushed back to June, joining other states. At this point Bernie almost has to ride it out to the convention, there is too much uncertainty with the process to drop out now.

I will say, watching the press conference today, that Trump is starting to respond appropriately to the COVID-19 virus and the economic decline. He's not going to be easy to beat in November, I think he's stumbling into the right answers, and he's going to get (undeserved!) credit for maybe staving off a worst disaster. This whole thing is a nightmare.
He has a zero percent chance of winning, absolutely nothing we're seeing is uncertain but the size of one man's inflated ego.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just voted in Illinois. Polling place was basically empty. This was my first time voting, and I didn't like how they made you chose a party and sign your name before voting. I told them I had no party affiliation, and that the two party system is one of the things that's hugely wrong with our voting system. For the sake of getting my votes in though I chose Dem of course.
You're voting in a primary big dog, that's why they need to know which ballot to give you lmao

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Illinois allowing cross-party voting in primaries is really bad and the reason a guy like Dan Lipinski isn't already gone.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Arizona: The GOP's political bellwether

"The latest wave of polls, released in the runup to tonight's primary, show how precarious the GOP's standing is in Arizona. Every one of the four nonpartisan public polls conducted in March show Biden leading Trump, with leads ranging from one point to eight points. The numbers are even more significant after digging deeper into the polls' crosstabs."

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
www.theguardian.com

States delaying primaries past 9 June may face delegate penalty, warns DNC memo

Democratic National Committee reacts to Ohio postponement with memo that says party working with states on coronavirus measures

Are they out of their goddamn minds?

I love that with people losing faith in the ability of the DNC to act in the interests of party rank-and-file that their decision on how to move forward in our current conditions is this. The establishment trying to punish their way to victory yet again.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I feel like elections are an instance where the show should still go on. They're that important. We're talking about a one night event - that doesn't throw away all the hard work of staying safe.

Idk man it seems like a postponed, but still occurring election would be better than one with drastically suppressed turnout and great health risk to those that did turn out. If elections are that important maybe we should ensure that the sick and elderly aren't disenfranchised just to make "the show go on" instead of just waiting a few months. Not to mention all of the closed-at-the-last-minute polling locations due to volunteers (correctly) bailing out! If Ohio voters get punished because their government did the right thing and Illinois/Florida/Arizona tally delegates as normal despite getting dramatically muted vote counts I'm going to go insane

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Do you think Biden would be changing his platform if Bernie had dropped out right after Super Tuesday, when anti-progressives proudly proclaimed his campaign dead?
You can vote for someone who's not Bernie and be a progressive

trying to paint non Bernie voters (over 60 percent of democrats) as anti progressive is bullshit.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Arizona: The GOP's political bellwether

"The latest wave of polls, released in the runup to tonight's primary, show how precarious the GOP's standing is in Arizona. Every one of the four nonpartisan public polls conducted in March show Biden leading Trump, with leads ranging from one point to eight points. The numbers are even more significant after digging deeper into the polls' crosstabs."
Biden probably wins PA and MI before he wins AZ, so if he pulls it off, it's game over.

Hoping he does well enough though that he picks up at least WI, FL and NC so there's no question about the results (not that it would stop Trump from crying RIGGED anyway). I'd just hate for this to be a thing where Biden pulls off PA/MI and all the Clinton states, but then Trump has a 1-point lead in Arizona or something and we're waiting at least a week for Maricopa County to fully come in. I think I heard they made some reforms since 2018 to hopefully speed things up, but we'll see.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Biden would be changing his platform if Bernie had dropped out right after Super Tuesday, when anti-progressives proudly proclaimed his campaign dead?

I think this is an underappreciated point, though I do think that the longer Sanders stays in the less bargaining power he has. I don't think a few concessions on some more climate related policies would be out of the question.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the DNC threatening to punish states and disenfranchise voters for the crime of trying to promote public safety during a pandemic?

Can we say this is a problem now when the DNC acts as craven as the GOP? Or we gonna continued to be gas lit again because a certain candidate is trending higher in the polls and for some reason that suddenly makes this okay?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, since I know this is a primarily US forum, I won't mind the million posts of Biden vs Sanders in a global COVID 19 thread.

Most museums, concerts and every thing is being postponed or cancelled in my town in Mexico, also school is gone until April 20th. This is good, we don't have a proper lockdown in here, but it's a way of telling people "why would you even want to go out, everything is closed" and I think it's worth it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Can we say this is a problem now when the DNC acts as craven as the GOP? Or we gonna continued to be gas lit again because a certain candidate is trending higher in the polls and for some reason that suddenly makes this okay?

They'll likely change the rules, but this was a procedure that was already in place. I wouldn't read into it, unless it actually happens.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, since I know this is a primarily US forum, I won't mind the million posts of Biden vs Sanders in a global COVID 19 thread.

Most museums, concerts and every thing is being postponed or cancelled in my town in Mexico, also school is gone until April 20th. This is good, we don't have a proper lockdown in here, but it's a way of telling people "why would you even want to go out, everything is closed" and I think it's worth it.

Here they're not even telling people not to go out. Like, if you want to go for a drive or something that's fine. Just practice social distancing and use appropriate precautions.

Btw, gas here is super cheap right now. $1.79 a gallon

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Here they're not even telling people not to go out. Like, if you want to go for a drive or something that's fine. Just practice social distancing and use appropriate precautions.

Btw, gas here is super cheap right now. $1.79 a gallon
must be nice

Last edited:

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
My God if the primaries don't get concluded until August I'm going to fucking scream. Can we please don't lop off our leg facing against Trump for one freaking second.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What time will the FL numbers start rolling in?

Status
Not open for further replies.