• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
And to the people talking about the bigger picture and not voting for biden

tenor.gif

She is NOT going to last another 4 years
She needs to be replaced by a like minded judge and that will not happen with Trump.

edit: i hope they have her in a protective bubble right now.
She should have retired under obama, but she was feeling feisty I guess. Thanks, Ruth

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Really interested to see what Bernie and Biden's favorables look like in a day or two.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And to the people talking about the bigger picture and not voting for biden

tenor.gif

She is NOT going to last another 4 years
She needs to be replaced by a like minded judge and that will not happen with Trump.

edit: i hope they have her in a protective bubble right now.
One of the horrifying dimensions of the virus is that she's a rogue's gallery of pre-existing conditions and age where her dying to the virus would not be the least bit surprising.

I really wish we had a "pack the courts" candidate. Like Booker or something.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, of course I can believe that Joe Biden is going to be the Democratic nominee.

But I CANNOT. FUCKING. BELIEVE. that Joe Biden is going to be the Democratic nominee.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone tell me what Biden's message during this campaign as been. Like what's his passion for other than beating Trump and telling my generation we don't have it rough?

bad poster

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the Primary OT Staff Post Regarding Trolling
reset era is a largely conservative forum

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
what does taking the country back even mean?

who are you taking it back for

Even needing to ask this question is ridiculous. From morons like Trump who is ravaging this country and trying his damndest to normalize white supremacy. Taking some semblance of control of replacing the outgoing Supreme Court Justices and that's just the MINOR stuff thats going to... you know have lasting ramifications for DECADES. We are very well aware of what we are fighting for.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
I was not expecting Biden to be the nominee. I wasn't expecting Bernie to win it either. I just assumed it'd be like Warren or something

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I was not expecting Biden to be the nominee. I wasn't expecting Bernie to win it either. I just assumed it'd be like Warren or something
I think if was shorter she would have won. But then again there are snapshots where a bunch of different folks could have

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize my posts stop people from voting a for a sexist, racist creep
up to you, I guess you like Trump and it will forever be on you as everyone's vote matters, you aren't just voting for yourself,
you're voting for those people of color, people from different religions and to stop all the hate that Trump has brought up.

That's why you vote against him.

I previously rooted for Bernie last time, Like I did this time.

I will do my best to stop him in November, if you stand for something... stand up and vote.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Now that we see how Trump Coronavirus response Has gone can we finally say bye to Bernie and helllo to Joe? Focus on Trump disaster response?

-Devious-

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, there are still people that exist that won't vote if the nominee isn't Bernie after 2016 happened? That's some stupid shit.
I contemplated not voting for Biden only because I know that either way people like me and my community are going to get the boot like every previous administration. I lost my mother because she was turned away from treatment by her insurance because it was too costly. My brother couldn't come with me to Mexico to bury her because receiving your papers takes years and a huge amount of money.

But my conscience won't let me not vote for him. I wouldnt want those already suffering to have it worse and that's really the sad part.

Last edited:

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden should accept Medicare for All and UBI into his platform in return of Bernie dropping. They're both popular with the american people and they're both relevant to the situation today. Make progressives happy and have some real policy to fight Trump with in the debates.

bad poster

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Even needing to ask this question is ridiculous. From morons like Trump who is ravaging this country and trying his damndest to normalize white supremacy. Taking some semblance of control of replacing the outgoing Supreme Court Justices and that's just the MINOR stuff thats going to... you know have lasting ramifications for DECADES. We are very well aware of what we are fighting for.

white supremacy was already normalized in america before trump

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Biden should accept Medicare for All and UBI into his platform in return of Bernie dropping. They're both popular with the american people and they're both relevant to the situation today. Make progressives happy and have some real policy to fight Trump with in the debates.

taking peoples private insurance away is not popular with the american people. And Bernie has no leverage now.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

Never gonna happen. Clyburn is probably the most important figure on the campaign and he's extremely anti-M4A.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me what Biden's message during this campaign as been. Like what's his passion for other than beating Trump and telling my generation we don't have it rough?

He's said and believes plenty - at least according to things he's said this campaign - but being a return to competency and normalcy in the White House is his core message, yes. And a lot of voters want that, as relatively stale as that is to progressive sensibilities.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alas, I voted Bernie, even if I knew Florida wasn't happening. I'm not that optimistic with Biden, but eh, I'll turn up for November.

I mean that would be nice and make voting for Biden easier...but I don't see that happening with him, like ever, even with this pandemic.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017

Biden is not going to run on a complete upheaval of the medical industry during the worst pandemic in modern history.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I just can't fathom how Biden still doesn't support Medicare for All, and how so many are okay with that. COVID-19 has obliterated any counter-arguments to single-payer.

Why is this getting such a pass??

Argue fucking electability all you want. Policy matters.

(Edit: I will vote for Biden if he's the nom.)

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
See, this is the thing. I see people say unite behind Biden and then when I point out his flaws, people either dismiss them or refuse to acknowledge them. I'm guessing you don't have an answer and you don't want to actually dwell on it.

You've been shitting on BIden and saying you wouldn't vote for him for months. No one is going to waste their time trying to convince you.

Veitsev

Nov 18, 2019
Fort Worth, Texas
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the Primary OT Staff Post Regarding Hostility Over Multiple Posts
See, this is the thing. I see people say unite behind Biden and then when I point out his flaws, people either dismiss them or refuse to acknowledge them. I'm guessing you don't have an answer and you don't want to actually dwell on it.

Sorry, not interested in giving you the pat on the back you desire for voting for Trump by proxy.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the Primary OT Staff Post Regarding Metacommentary
I just can't fathom how Biden still doesn't support Medicare for All, and how so many are okay with that. COVID-19 has obliterated any counter-arguments to single-payer.

Why is this getting such a pass??

Argue fucking electability all you want. Policy matters.

They're okay with that because they're privlaged enough to be able to afford their work insurance and pay co-pays. This is a video game forum where people waste thousands of dollars a month on frivalities and post photos of them in a brag thread.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, but I'm just saying that the millions of Bernie fans who are being condescended to and berated simply for dreaming of a better world won't take kindly to this kind of toxicity.

It wasn't Bernie's opponents who spammed snake emojis at Elizabeth Warren, so if you're going to take injury for how Bernie's fans are being treated right now, you should take responsibility for how they were treating others for months beforehand.

"Toxicity for me, but not for thee" ain't gonna cut it.

Oct 27, 2017
probably one of those conspiracy theories on Republicans trying to vote a Democrat that would be easier to help trump or something like that lol
I've, unfortunately, seen this a lot recently. It just makes me laugh at this point heh.

They are saying older people are more likely to vote Republican, they are not saying Biden voters will move to Trump, and they are 100% correct.

Older vote still favors Republicans.

You still want young people to show up to help tip the scale, as the young vote favors Democrats.

Okay, now do black voters and suburban women. Because honestly, these are the two demographics that drove our success in 2018 and are driving Biden's success right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Like come on. This feels like it came directly from someone in Sanders' inner circle.

Still refusing to accept it's not his ideas, it's the man himself that's the issue.

In the time of a mass pandemic, many people are beginning to see the light on Medicare For All. People are wanting Bernie's entire platform RIGHT NOW. This call for Bernie's policies are making him appear like the strongest leader in the race.

The lengthened primary calendar is going to help Bernie and hurt Biden. In national polls released today, Bernie has cut Biden's lead to him to 9 points. A WEEK ago, Biden's lead was 21. The more people learn about Biden, the less they will like him. The next few weeks will see Bernie overtake Biden in the national polls, and this will be reflected in the voting.

As the race continues and the economy deals with pandemic fallout, Bernie Sanders will finish out the primary season with a long string of victories, all of the momentum, and a delegate lead. Right now is a great time to be the Medicare For All candidate.

Like I said, this is an uphill race for us! But there are MANY factors working in our favor. Good work today to all of our volunteers out there! Now take the night off and relax. We will be sending out more information tomorrow about how we are going to win this unprecedented race.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't Bernie's opponents who spammed snake emojis at Elizabeth Warren, so if you're going to take injury for how Bernie's fans are being treated right now, you should take responsibility for how they were treating others for months beforehand.

"Toxicity for me, but not for thee" ain't gonna cut it.
read this and send yourself a snake emoji

Well, here's this if anybody wants to stop the "bernie bros were so toxic they deserve it" rhetoric
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/there-is-hard-data-that-shows-bernie-bros-are-a-myth/

Turns out it was all the same shit across campaigns like anybody paying attention could already tell. Hillary's camp tried the same playbook on Obama and the "Obama Boys" in 2008 as well.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Biden is not going to run on a complete upheaval of the medical industry during the worst pandemic in modern history.
Man this is why Dems fail to inspire. We have the biggest leverage to to take care of people without bankrupting them from lost work days or medical debt, and we're going with the guy that fought for medicare cuts

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the Primary OT Staff Post Regarding Metacommentary and Hostility
"oh no you were condescending, now i definitely wont vote in 2020!!" No one gives a shit guys. You cant appeal to / convince voters that are that mentally weak.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Man this is why Dems fail to inspire. We have the biggest leverage to to take care of people without bankrupting them from lost work days or medical debt, and we're going with the guy that fought for medicare cuts
But Biden is inspiring the biggest Dem turnout in a long time. People are showing up in droves and rivaling 2008 numbers. Or at least significantly passing 2016 numbers for the most part.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow im convinced

im glad biden will return america to enacting racist policies but politely
reset era is a largely conservative forum
white supremacy was already normalized in america before trump
Wow get some help, You're one of those people that likes to fuck over everything that you think that stand for but decide to burn everything instead because that's who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.