• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that he'll be getting hammered on his response in ads later on. Right now there's not much opposition to what he's doing if you're not social media savvy.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
"Now listen here Jack, my brain don't work and I routinely can't remember what words mean or complete my sentences, and I'm somehow going to win an election"

Every second I watch of this poor man is torture. I accepted defeat in November long ago but it's just going to be beamed directly into my brain 24/7 until it finally happens.
If his brain doesn't work and yet he somehow managed to run away with the primary and then debate well against the perpetual runner up a week ago, must not be doing too poorly.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What is it about Biden and holding pens? I see this in debates as well as in his recent appearances. Is he genuinely a pen fan, does it help him focus, or is it a marketing thing to show he's a master tactician or something.

Maybe all of the above.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This thread calls Bernie selfish for being in the race and blaming him for putting people's lives in danger yet it was the Biden team that wanted people to go out and vote more so than the Bernie team. More progressives wanted to delay voting.

They blame him even though as you said down-ticket races will still mean the primary season goes on.

The hatred of Bernie is hilarious. And this continued fierce defending of him is baffling. This dude Biden already won. They don't need to bat for this buffoon, yet they still do despite claiming they wanted someone else to win. It's pop-gaf level tribalism where all that matters is "our team won so let's dunk on the more progressive politician." And yet they pretend to be progressives. But hey, they challenged that too because "actually, you're still a progressive by dunking on the progressive and going to bat for the non-progressive politician. Ackshually, who let you define progressivism?"

It's sad, but hilarious now that the primary is essentially over. It was only sad when this was still a race.
Both Bernie and Biden supporters in this thread said similar things about Warren after Super Tuesday. I don't think it's just people "hating on Bernie", though there are obviously people that do.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus ..

You boomers that voted for this guy in the dem primary better be right that he is the most electable one to take on Trump in the general because goddamn..

..I am legit scared we are going to lose this one again come November. Ill do all I can out of principle but goddamn, man..shit.

Saying dumb things and/or having gaffes really seems to have little bearing on one's ability to get elected president. Trump is proof of that and before him George W. Bush.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
User Banned (1 week): ignoring the modpost in regards to trolling
Bernie is just holding out until Biden's brain eventually leaks out of his ears on during a live broadcast, his head slumping forward and drool pools into his lap from his mouth.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the moment Trump of all people seems more lucid than the candidate the dems are gonna pick, which is like.... insane? How did we get to this point?
You got to this point by only getting your news through manipulative spliced together trash off Twitter pushed by insane ""leftists"" and literal republican trolls.

None of what you posted is true.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Trump is completely insane and this country elected him and he continues to have far more support than he should've. Biden obviously has his own cognitive problems, but it does seem to get undue focus considering no one in the media particularly cares much about Trump's functional illiteracy. At least Biden's issues are more endearing than malicious.

Honestly I've just gotten through the Acceptance phase a long time ago. Biden will be the nominee and I'll vote for him, there's little I can really do about it beyond that point so I've just made peace with it. I differ from other leftists here with respect to Biden's chances, though - I really have no doubt he'll win. Particularly after recent events its difficult for me to imagine otherwise.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
This thread calls Bernie selfish for being in the race and blaming him for putting people's lives in danger yet it was the Biden team that wanted people to go out and vote more so than the Bernie team. More progressives wanted to delay voting.

They blame him even though as you said down-ticket races will still mean the primary season goes on.

The hatred of Bernie is hilarious. And this continued fierce defending of him is baffling. This dude Biden already won. They don't need to bat for this buffoon, yet they still do despite claiming they wanted someone else to win. It's pop-gaf level tribalism where all that matters is "our team won so let's dunk on the more progressive politician." And yet they pretend to be progressives. But hey, they challenged that too because "actually, you're still a progressive by dunking on the progressive and going to bat for the non-progressive politician. Ackshually, who let you define progressivism?"

It's sad, but hilarious now that the primary is essentially over. It was only sad when this was still a race.
Painting everyone that's critical of Bernie (or anyone for that matter) as being disingenuous tribalists is pretty unfair. Unless you're referring to your argument in the post above that Biden was worthy of criticism both before and after and anyone that questions the criticism or dementia takes is being "pop-gaf"

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
biden's handling of the virus has made me sick to my stomach tbh

this is what we're hinging on. this is the beat trump guy. good job good effort etc etc

I'd feel better about a hillary runback tbh

ugh

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
That whole interview was fine.
"Now listen here Jack, my brain don't work and I routinely can't remember what words mean or complete my sentences, and I'm somehow going to win an election"

Every second I watch of this poor man is torture. I accepted defeat in November long ago but it's just going to be beamed directly into my brain 24/7 until it finally happens.
And this is okay? Lol.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Some of you guys are so full of shit. Any of these interviews done over the internet are bad like this. Watch any of the ESPN first take segments that have been done the past few weeks done over the internet and you will see tons of odd pauses and people talking over each other.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
Some of you guys are so full of shit. Any of these interviews done over the internet are bad like this. Watch any of the ESPN first take segments that have been done the past few weeks done over the internet and you will see tons of odd pauses and people talking over each other.
Concern trolling has been dialed up to 11.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
the way he questions himself and feels unsure about whether what he's saying makes sense reminds of my grandmother a few years ago when her dementia was only just starting. she was really aware of the fact that her mind was starting to go and really anxious about it. she used to say things like "i shouldn't have said it that way" during that period

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
the way he questions himself and feels unsure about whether what he's saying makes sense reminds of my grandmother a few years ago when her dementia was only just starting. she was really aware of the fact that her mind was starting to go and really anxious about it. "i shouldn't have said it that way" is similar to the things she used to say during that period
Wow.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
User Banned (1 week): ignoring the modpost in regards to metacommentary

no lies detected.

folks know what theyre doing.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
the way he questions himself and feels unsure about whether what he's saying makes sense reminds of my grandmother a few years ago when her dementia was only just starting. she was really aware of the fact that her mind was starting to go and really anxious about it. she used to say things like "i shouldn't have said it that way" during that period
can you quote anyone saying they want biden to die or are you making shit up
Can you point to some evidence besides your nana and edited Twitter videos?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017

Or he felt the attack was too personal and undignified and tried to back away from it along with internet interviews being weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.