• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
What tough, awkward position? The one where he just... can't even show his face for a week during a pandemic? When everyone in the fucking world has a smart phone and access to the internet? Come on. This is a bullshit excuse and we shouldn't accept it from our so called "leaders."

He's 80 years and his campaign has no staffers or money.

It took him a week for his staffers to build a set in his home and set up cameras. That shows that the nominee is way way way too old and behind on live-streaming... not sure how much else it says.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
The clips where he sounds perfectly Presidential don't get signal boosted. Shocking, I know. He's fine.

twitter.com

Kate Bedingfield on Twitter

“Today ⁦@jaketapper⁩ asked ⁦@JoeBiden⁩ what his message is to Americans who are afraid. If you’re feeling uneasy, uncertain or scared right now, listen to him talk about how we will get through this and how he’s so darn proud to be an American. https://t.co/Hvk5FPOgzG”

And everyone has forgotten the debate. And his very well received speech a week ago. But hey Bernie does online townhalls so he's clearly the leader we need.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Let the voters decide*."

*But only when I agree with their decision, otherwise it was rigged.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would make me less scared? If so called "leftists" would stop doing the Republicans job for them by amplifying concern trolling bullshit.

Like....do you think that propagating concern over Biden's mental health is going to somehow give Bernie the win? Honestly? Cause it ain't, which means there is, quite literally, no point in doing it other than amplifying GOP bullshit because you don't like the Dem candidate.

Whatever scrutiny Biden is under right now during the primary won't help or influence in any way the Republicans. They have access to the same tapes that we're watching and know all about the various skeletons that Biden has in his closet. They'll be right out of the gate with the same concerns about Biden's health. Hell, Trump was already calling Biden 'Sleepy Joe' for like months or years?

I don't really see this as a Sanders vs Biden thing. The issue is much more than that. Dems can go ahead and pick another 3rd party person entirely.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
If we're gonna elect a twitch streamer, can we just get someone super Chad like Dr Disrespect or Grubby instead of the octogenarian?

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I don't really see this as a Sanders vs Biden thing. The issue is much more than that. Dems can go ahead and pick another 3rd party person entirely.

Lol. "Whoever has the most delegates should be nominee, even if its a plurality" "We can't let the establishment and superdelegates pick the nominee"

Amazing what a month does huh

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why fauxgressives were okay with accepting the endorsement of transphobe Joe Rogan, and kept telling us that we *had* to appeal to transphobes in order to get their vote, but hate biden with the venom you see most people direct towards Trump.

I love the un-ironic use 'fauxgressive', just the corniest example of left punching to date I think.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Just goes to show you what endless media bashing of a candidate and literally everyone dropping out and endorsing the same candidate the day before a huge primary can do. He was a garbage candidate then and he's a garbage candidate now. The people who endorsed him even think he's a garbage candidate, and it's obvious through their past actions and words during the debates.

In what sense is he a weak candidate?

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever scrutiny Biden is under right now during the primary won't help or influence in any way the Republicans. They have access to the same tapes that we're watching and know all about the various skeletons that Biden has in his closet. They'll be right out of the gate with the same concerns about Biden's health. Hell, Trump was already calling Biden 'Sleepy Joe' for like months or years?

............................................................................................................

Yeah, sure, OK.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I love the un-ironic use 'fauxgressive', just the corniest example of left punching to date I think.

I use fauxgressive to describe people who wrap themselves in progressive clothing, but only really care about shit that affects them. Hence people willing to punch trans people down in order to get free college tuition are fauxgressives. I'd like to think that true progressives would find accepting the endorsement of a transphobe to be abhorrent.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I even bother bringing up the Kamala shit in response to the shitty subtle accusation that everyone who supported Bernie are transphobes?

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Ignoring the Primary OT Staff Post Regarding Metacommentary
For fucking real. You all can keep going on wishing TERF Hillary could run again though.
*Bernie hangs out with someone with some dubious shit" Ayyy bernie bad bernie stupid cunt

*Hillary is a TERF, used slave labour, friend with FUCKING KISSINGER" YASS QUEENN SLAY

Hypocrites

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Yeah, moderates should do that.

Moderates aren't the folks that ignore political reality. They actually get elected and pass legislation. They also aren't so ideologically focused that they're willing to throw portions of the Democratic base under the bus for the votes of people like Joe Rogan.

When the left has a figurehead that isn't a god awful politician that sucks at the most crucial aspect of winning elections I'll be ready and waiting to leave people like Biden behind.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use fauxgressive to describe people who wrap themselves in progressive clothing, but only really care about shit that affects them. Hence people willing to punch trans people down in order to get free college tuition are fauxgressives. I'd like to think that true progressives would find accepting the endorsement of a transphobe to be abhorrent.
This is a real disingenuous statement here that erases trans Bernie supporters but I won't really keep going because this isn't my lane.

THube

Oct 27, 2017
The primary is over. At this point it is just signal boosting a Trump talking point on his behalf.

There is nothing wrong with leveling criticism toward the dem candidate. I don't think the guy is performing as fit for the job. I hurl, on a regular basis, the same criticisms at Trump.

You're a Bernie fan who has no issue with the DNC stepping in and choosing someone with few to no delegates and completely overriding the will of most Democratic voters?

That's not the part I was responding to, sorry. I don't agree with that, cool?

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden's health legit becomes in question beyond the twitter speculation it's at now it is gonna be interesting to see the limits to which people are willing to shrug their shoulders and follow the rules despite the obvious negative outcomes to them and their party.

This is like that Kang and Kodos ep of the Simpsons.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Should I even bother bringing up the Kamala shit in response to the shitty subtle accusation that everyone who supported Bernie are transphobes?

That's not what I said, at all.

This is a real disingenuous statement here that erases trans Bernie supporters but I won't really keep going because this isn't my lane.

My point isn't that anyone who wants free college tution is a transphobe. My point is that people who'd accept transphobes into the party in order to get it are transphobes.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
*Bernie hangs out with someone with some dubious shit" Ayyy bernie bad bernie stupid cunt

*Hillary is a TERF, used slave labour, friend with FUCKING KISSINGER" YASS QUEENN SLAY

Hypocrites

Honestly, who are you talking to?

This whataboutism projection bullshit so ya'll can try to feel better about yourselves is getting so fucking old.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
You're a Bernie fan who has no issue with the DNC stepping in and choosing someone with few to no delegates and completely overriding the will of most Democratic voters?

My point was that people aren't necessarily raising questions about Biden's health for partisan reasons. Not just to pump Bernies tires for the rest of the race, but because in general it would legit be terrifying and insane to nominate someone whose health may cause them to stumble in a debate with Trump and guarantee another Trump term.

Oct 26, 2017
If Biden's health legit becomes in question beyond the twitter speculation it's at now it is gonna be interesting to see the limits to which people are willing to shrug their shoulders and follow the rules despite the obvious negative outcomes to them and their party.

Gonna be pretty clear and say I think you're not in any good faith making this argument.

Both Bernie and Biden will likely die in the next five years, both are egomaniacs who think they can't die and hurt the party by running and sucking all the oxygen out of the room for other candidates. I expect Biden to win and either die in office or not run for a second term and both scenarios are bad for the country and very bad for the Democratic Party.

However, if Bernie had become the president, I also think he would have died in office and that would have been bad for the country and very bad for the party and I don't think you would make the argument for a second that Bernie should be replaced by the DNC despite being supported by 60-65% of the voters.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
My point was that people aren't necessarily raising questions about Biden's health for partisan reasons. Not just to pump Bernies tires for the rest of the race, but because in general it would legit be terrifying and insane to nominate someone whose health may cause them to stumble in a debate with Trump and guarantee another Trump term.

Again, Biden went toe to toe with Bernie for 2 hours and at worst it was a draw. The idea of being afraid of Biden debating Trump is nuts. Have you seen his coronavirus briefings? Biden could stumble in a debate all night and Trump wouldn't know enough to catch him.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me this is edited. Please.

Just dumb word choice that he fucked up on. Expanded clip gets into what he was going for which essentially is that we need to focus on the cure to help combat the problem.

abcnews.go.com

Joe Biden urges Trump, Americans to 'listen to the doctors' like Fauci on coronavirus

Former Vice President Joe Biden joined ABC's "The View" on Tuesday to discuss President Donald Trump's handling of the chaos surrounding the novel coronavirus pandemic.

3:52 is where it begins.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Again, Biden went toe to toe with Bernie for 2 hours and at worst it was a draw. The idea of being afraid of Biden debating Trump is nuts. Have you seen his coronavirus briefings? Biden could stumble in a debate all night and Trump wouldn't know enough to catch him.

Do you remember when Trump's mental exam was a huge deal because people were convinced he has dementia? It didn't ruin his party or his odds based on what many folks around here think is likely to happen in a Trump vs. Biden matchup. To be concerned about how Biden would perform against Trump in a debate is...odd...

(That request was pretty clearly a response to the torrent of questions about Trump's mental acuity that were raised, in part, by anecdotes from Michael Wolff's book "Fire and Fury.")

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whataboutism projection bullshit
I mean those are the types of people that form the foundation of your party, the "moderates who get stuff done".
A woman, an unknown gay man, and a total unknown. None of them other than Warren ever had a chance in hell of winning the nomination with Biden and Bernie running.
Seems a bit cynical to me, but Pete being a racist and Amy being violent staff abuser might have a bit to do with it as well. Real fucked up that no one really still mentions the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.