• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe people can see the obvious display of incompetence laid bare before them and still try to think of ways that it's all somehow calculated and orchestrated by a singular entity for....reasons. Conspiracy theories are for simpletons, ya'll. People are under prepared or otherwise incompetent, that's all.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
U8OBcwM.png

I want to meet all 46 people who went to an gymnasium in Iowa to stand in a corner for Deval Patrick.

EDIT: Also, LMAO at the sole Bennet holdout.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
can't believe we didn't include deval patrick and tom steyer in the poll for this thread

if only we had foreseen how popular they would be

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): Ignoring staff post with regard to conspiracy theories
you must be tripping if you honestly think the IDP tried to rig the caucus by slipping 700 Bernie votes to two noname candidates in Black Hawk county

they are trying to undermine the whole process to deflate bernies Momentum from winning the first 2 or 3 states. Undermine it enough and maybe they can deflate youth turnout overall. Or start laying down the storyline for why they need to take the convention to a second ballot and fuck Bernie there.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I think I saw Steyer at the Daily Show, he's the billionaire with the vanity campaign (not Bloomberg, the other one), right?

...But. Who the fuck is Deval Patrick?

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
I still don´t believe in the conspiracy, but the level of incompetence is something else. You don't have a clear case for conspiracy, but there's a bunch of fishy stuff going on.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they are trying to undermine the whole process to deflate bernies Momentum from winning the first 2 or 3 states. Undermine it enough and maybe they can deflate youth turnout overall. Or start laying down the storyline for why they need to take the convention to a second ballot and fuck Bernie there.
Where does your narrative account for the fact that they hugely undermined the entire process with their incompetence? "I know how we'll defeat Bernie...by humiliating ourselves!"

Nov 1, 2017

So they are intentionally making themselves look like the dumbest, most incompetent and corrupt organization in the world so they can minimize the 2% bump Sanders would've gotten in the polls from his 2nd place finish. Got it.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Here I thought the launch of our new POS system was gonna be the technical nightmare this month. At this rate it'll be a cake walk compared to hearing about this shitshow.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
There is only a conspiracy here if you're looking for it.

And there are a lot of people who are looking for it.

It's gonna be a long fucking primary.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
After this debacle, the IDP needs to give a detailed explanation of why the hell it took to so long to get the results, and why errors were happening. If their explanation isn't satisfactory, heads need to roll at the IDP.

Oct 25, 2017
Democracy is a form of governance where the members of the body have authority to make collectively decisions for the body. Caucuses may have traits you don't like and they may not be appropriate for all circumstances, but they sure as hell are democratic.

That is oversimplification of what Democracy is. Straight from wiki Democracy literally means "rule by people." It is a form of government in which the people have the authority to choose their governing legislation. Caucuses are essentially disenfranchising, and therefore limit the authority of 'the people' to choose their governing legislation.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Bernie isn't that hot, I really don't think everyone is lining up to fuck him but idk

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Sorry.

For real, I never heard of him, and I could name even a few nobodies with zero chance like Eric Salwell and John Hickenlooper and John Delaney. All of those already withdrew afaik too. What's he still doing there? Was he ever at any of the debates?

presumably he's either promoting an upcoming book or angling for a job as a news network commentator

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Sorry.

For real, I never heard of him, and I could name even a few nobodies with zero chance like Eric Salwell and John Hickenlooper and John Delaney. All of those already withdrew afaik too. What's he still doing there? Was he ever at any of the debates?
The only reason I know his name is because they talked about him, like, twice on the Majority Report. Basically in the context of "why the hell is this guy running?"

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Patrick literally jumped in like two months ago. Same time as Bloomberg, just without the money or the strategy.

Why? I don't think even he knows.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
If Bernie and Pete have the same number of delegates, then it's a tie, no?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
real talk: i like to have my fun and all but i wish some of y'all would have a little more conviction in/respect for bernie sanders. you don't get to argue that he's the most popular candidate, and that he can bring in normally apathetic voters, how he's the only one who can beat trump, and how he gets voters fired up and energized, then turn around and act like the only way he can win the primaries is if the stars align in a very specific way thanks to some vague notion of momentum, and get down on his chances because he's statistically tied with one dude in the first contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.