• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
The damage is done here. It doesn't matter what the truth is, people aren't going to believe the results. This year is going to fucking suuuuuuuck.

Especially with Pete Buttigieg's financial ties to Shadow (never mind that so many other notable Democrats have ties to Shadow as well), and him making the dumbass decision to publicly declare victory before any results were in. It doesn't matter that this was clearly just incompetence all around. It's bad optics for Pete, and I suspect it will hurt him in the long run.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
in my point of view, warren won
LastingImaginativeKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Biden coming in 4th and Pete getting all the media attention is a big win for Bernie.

Biden's going to be running on fumes going into Super Tuesday.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
My understanding the pledged delegates aren't final / at least according to NYT are projected to be 14-12 Buttigieg over Sanders after everything is counted.

I don't know if that is a correct read though, cause caucuses are dumb and I still don't totally understand them.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
I wouldn't underestimate Pete in NH. He did fairly well with young voters in IA, and did fairly well across a large spectrum of voters. He over performed the recent polls in Iowa by 5ish points. I honestly thought Bernie had this in the bag in IA easily after those polls showed him rising, but it wasn't "easy" after all.

I know, the NH electorate is a bit different from IA, but we'll see I guess.
Yeah , people are really sleeping on the appeal of someone like Pete. Obviously doesn't appeal to exteremly online people like us, but there are a lot of "regular" folks who are swooned by the ivy grad, gay , veteran mayor

Jun 20, 2019

someone lied about MS Office experience on their CV

Yeah. It's actually really convenient that Patrick and Steyer fields are in the data. You can literally visually scan the records by scrolling down and see the transcription errors wherever Patrick's numbers went above 0.

Looks like someone at IDP finally did exactly that, the obvious transcription errors are gone now.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I don't really think it matters at this point who actually won. Bernie performed about as expected, Pete over-performed and Biden drastically underperformed. Bernie should hold steady, Pete should gain some momentum and Biden is going to fall.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
smartselectimage_2020gsjtx.png

Bernie seems to have taken a bit of a dive today at the same time that Bloomberg has jumped up.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So Bernie and Pete obviously cancel each other out meaning that Warren is the winner.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie's been running for president in Iowa for five years and then he gets gets beaten by the 38-year old gay mayor of the fourth-largest city in Indiana

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody wants to further compound this cluster fuck without being 1000% sure.

But they're still making mistakes! Hahaha.

Bernie's been running for president in Iowa for five years and then he gets gets beaten by the 38-year old gay mayor of the fourth-largest city in Indiana

Sanders is almost assuredly winning the popular vote, though. If you're going by delegates, Buttigieg won't get anymore than 1 or 2 more delegates.

Also, Warren lost too (by a much larger margin), so what does that mean for her?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

He (probably) got (barely) beat by someone who was running for president of Iowa. Pete was relying on Iowa to give him steam and now he has to share the laurels with Sanders and watch as his support putters out as they get into states with more minority presence.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here think Bloomberg actually has a chance to win?

Why the hell do people on predictit have him at second place in becoming the nominee?

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017

Why the hell do people on predictit have him at second place in becoming the nominee?
Don't underestimate the power of billions of dollars at your disposal. It's absolutely a possibility that Bloomberg wins the nomination. It's very difficult to see him beat Trump. So far his argument is "I'm even richer", which can't be a very effective message.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017

Why the hell do people on predictit have him in second place in becoming the nominee?

so, the argument for bloomberg is essentially this:
  • joe biden's doing that joe biden thing where he seems like a good candidate and then it turns out he's kinda just really bad at running for president
  • all those voters and donors need somewhere to go
  • all those voters and donors are generally moderate/centrist
  • bloomberg is a very attractive candidate to moderates, in that he loves racist policing is obviously friendly to the wealthy but has generally ok positions on most social issues
  • basically, he's one of the two common guesses (the other being buttigieg) about who takes biden's spot as "the moderate" if biden pulls a biden. and bloomberg just has a massive amount of money and hasn't staked his entire campaign on becoming lord of the corn (which may have worked, but also means that buttigieg has some serious structural deficiencies elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.