• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unlike the broad generalizations of everyone that's not a Sanders supporter being some establishment shill? Blaming Democrats for "lining up behind Bloomberg" when literally every candidate is launching full throated attacks against him? Grouping everyone who disagrees with you into the amalgamous blob of "the establishment" is a good way to build coalitions after all.
It's especially odd when Bloomberg has terrible favorables compared to Bernie.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
warren has no path to the nomination except through a contested convention. Her trying to damage Bernie through the false narrative about toxic Bernie bro's proves she's a snake.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real here, there's nothing Warren could do besides drop out and endorse Bernie that you people wouldn't bitch and moan about.

She attacks other candidates; I wish she would focus on policy. She focuses on policy; she just seems so boring. She avoids bringing up that she's a woman; man why isn't she talking about her experience more. She talks about being a woman and facing sexism; Omg always with the identity politics. She panders to center left voters; what a misstep jeez. She panders to far left voters; she's still unelectable, did you know she used to be a Republican???

Just take the masks off already.
Warren was my 2nd choice behind Bernie. In fact, i wanted her to run in 2016 and thought it was crazy Bernie was running but here we are. If anything, the criticism comes from Warren repositioning herself instead of staying consistent so some of this is just self inflicted wounds.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid to take off my mask guys. Is anyone willing to take off their mask with me at the same time so I don't feel so isolated and shit? Thanks in advance.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
warren has no path to the nomination except through a contested convention. Her trying to damage Bernie through the false narrative about toxic Bernie bro's proves she's a snake.

She's disingenuous for sure. I don't think we should engage in petty Trumpian namecalling though. It makes me hard to watch Hasan's streams sometimes with all the 'rat' and 'snake' talk.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think some of those Dems would rather have Bernie lose than Bernie win.
To those 'Dems' I say

tenor.gif

Key222

Dec 11, 2017
Warren was doing great in polls and you would had been hard pressed to find a Bernie supporter that didn't support either a Bernie/Warren or a Warren/Bernie ticket before she started walking back her policies and started attacking Bernie.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen fellow Bernie supporters go hard after Bloomberg. People don't like Mayor Pete and Biden but at the end of the day I think they'll throw in with those candidates if they have to.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
The "bernie bro" thing has always been in bad faith. It's no coincidence that any kind of activist movement in history has been labelled as "toxic" or obnoxious at some point. It's all gaslighting and cherry picking to undermine movements fighting for basic human rights. No one should be entertaining this crap.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm afraid to take off my mask guys. Is anyone willing to take off their mask with me at the same time so I don't feel so isolated and shit? Thanks in advance.

I can, but it might hurt a little.

26564b3cfaeeafdb96808c36a06d0a29b9452d8br1-500-275_hq.gif

...ah, there we go. Uh. Snake emoji, drop out... shit, am I doing this right?

I have always liked Warren as a #2 to Bernie and my disappointment with how she's run her campaign has little to do with her just not being Bernie, but don't let that stop the generalizations.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Warren was doing great in polls and you would had been hard pressed to find a Bernie supporter that didn't support either a Bernie/Warren or a Warren/Bernie ticket before she started walking back her policies and started attacking Bernie.

Yeah, no kidding. At the start of all this I was completely 50/50 on Sanders and Warren. Toss a coin and I'd have been happy. But at this point Warren comes off as disingenuous and her campaign has just lost the plot. She's just a dead end and I don't really care about her at all anymore.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I would invite you to do some research of your own on this. I'm fairly sure each has been discussed on the forums hereat length. If you don't feel like it, I'll come back tomorrow with lots of links-- I'm watching High Fidelity with the bf right now while I post ;)
There is no research I need to do. We just went over this in another thread. I asked for examples as to how Bernie's camp engages in harassment or toxic behavior, and I was told to do my own research too. I looked around on the net and couldn't find examples. It took me bending arms backwards to get anyone to back their claims with evidence, and when it was posted, the examples provided turned out to not support the claims being made.

If you're going to make those claims, it's time to actually back them with something factual. This is not what arguing in good faith looks like.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
She's bad at doing all of these things though. She attacks Bernie on dumb disingenuous bullshit like "mean supporters" and "He's funded by DARK MONEY". Her policy pitch is wonky and doesn't excite people. And the rest of your examples are made up. No one asked her to run on identity politics and no one really cares that she's doing it.

There's my mask off moment. I'm not sure what you're expecting though.
The dark money story hasn't been really hammered by any campaign so far as I've seen. I believe it was brought up in a debate and summarily dismissed. The criticism of supporters behavior and surrogate behavior has been ongoing since 2015, so you can continue to pretend it's a non-story or acknowledge maybe there's some issues.

Stop talking past people here and address the posts actually being written here. Beating up a strawman isn't productive.
Fine.

Using. The exact rhetoric those madeup "toxic Bernie bro's" were shown using in Bloomberg's ad is sure an effective way to rebuke those claims.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
You bernie people around here are delusional as fuck. The average Bernie bro on twitter is just as toxic if not more so then the trump fuckheads. Say a word that is even slightly not positive about Bernie and its like the Mongol fucking horde comes rolling in to rape and pillage

Hi antonz, you are being incredibly toxic right now. Just wanted to let you know.

I won't hold whoever you support to your toxic posts.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unlike the broad generalizations of everyone that's not a Sanders supporter being some establishment shill? Blaming Democrats for "lining up behind Bloomberg" when literally every candidate is launching full throated attacks against him? Grouping everyone who disagrees with you into the amalgamous blob of "the establishment" is a good way to build coalitions after all.

Yea it would be a real shame for a candidate with no chance of winning the nomination to fight all the way to the convention just to take ideological shots at the eventual nominee.

My point is she could literally advocate for the abolishment of capitalism and full worker control of the manufacturing sector and people would still jump through hoops to point out she registered as a Republican.
you're taking (what I am assuming to be) criticisms of Warren from different people and attributing them to everyone who supports Bernie which is unfair. Warren was at her best when she was doing her wonky policies tour of promoting single payer, the government producing generic drugs, and employee ownership. For whatever reason, a few months ago, she decided she would change tactics. I am not receptive to these changes.

edit: and I have a similar story to the poster above. I really liked Elizabeth Warren. I was a huge proponent of #draftwarren and #runwarrenrun and would have happily voted for her in 2016. So yeah... not super thrilled about her recent comments.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is no research I need to do. We just went over this in another thread. I asked for examples as to how Bernie's camp engages in harassment or toxic behavior, and I was told to do my own research too. I looked around on the net and couldn't find examples. It took me bending arms backwards to get anyone to back their claims with evidence, and when it was posted, the examples provided turned out to not support the claims being made.

If you're going to make those claims, it's time to actually back them with something factual. This is not what arguing in good faith looks like.
Nina Turner's friend once said awful shit about immigration, to which she walked back and apologized for and Turner didn't fire her for it. Fred tries to argue Nina fought with the board over the decision to eventually fire her but I haven't seen anything to substantiate that other than him saying it. That so far seems to be the most serious example of her being "toxic".

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
Warren's great, Bernie's great — I could give a shit about dog piling on her campaign missteps, as if it negates her track record or substance. We'd be goddamned lucky to have her as president, let alone to have the both of them as viable options.

There's too much to be upset about and I'm not going to waste a moment on that.

Jun 20, 2019
The dark money story hasn't been really hammered by any campaign so far as I've seen. I believe it was brought up in a debate and summarily dismissed. The criticism of supporters behavior and surrogate behavior has been ongoing since 2015, so you can continue to pretend it's a non-story or acknowledge maybe there's some issues.

Fine.

Using. The exact rhetoric those madeup "toxic Bernie bro's" were shown using in Bloomberg's ad is sure an effective way to rebuke those claims.
Any large group of people on the internet will have people being impolite or worse. For example, in this very thread we have someone calling Bernie supporters a "mongol horde" doing some metaphorical "raping".

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I would invite you to do some research of your own on this. I'm fairly sure each has been discussed on the forums here at length. If you don't feel like it, I'll come back tomorrow with lots of links-- I'm watching High Fidelity with the bf right now while I post ;)
it's hard to have plausible deniability when you actually look for evidence.

Seeing as she has no viable path to the nomination, that is exactly what she should do.
Well 1.5% of the delegates voted, why even bother with the rest of the Primaries? Let's just do the convention now. I'm sure Democrats in 2 states that are 90%+ white is a good indicator of how the rest of the election will play out.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017

Fine.

This is disingenuous. I'm allowed to state my opinion of someone elected to high office. I didn't direct my comment to any campaign staffers or twitter.

also I'm a girl.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fine.

I'll give you one. I'm disappointed Bernie rallied with Shaun King. The rest of the surrogates? They're fine. You can feel free to criticize their passion and their attacks on liberal bullshit, but none of it is "toxic" or worthy of firing. If you can bring up an example I haven't seen before then feel free.

Oct 25, 2017

I have always liked Warren as a #2 to Bernie and my disappointment with how she's run her campaign has little to do with her just not being Bernie, but don't let that stop the generalizations.

Aha! I tricked you into revealing your true self, you Bernie Bro you. You snake apostle of the rat! May the world forever know you as demasked and defanged!

Also Warren was my #2 as well.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it's hard to have plausible deniability when you actually look for evidence.

Well 1.5% of the delegates voted, why even bother with the rest of the Primaries? Let's just do the convention now. I'm sure Democrats in 2 states that are 90%+ white is a good indicator of how the rest of the election will play out.
Its pretty common to substantiate claims like that on this board. That no one has done so thus far while pointing fingers at people whom they are asking to do their job for them is what people are calling out.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to always qualify every single statement I made about Warren with the "I like her; she's my second choice" despite the fact that she was angling to be Diet Bernie for the convention from the very start. So spare me the histrionics over her most recent floundering attacks being responded to in kind. She has effectively cratered any goodwill she had with the Sanders wing of the party with each successive barrage of failed attacks, and I'm not going to grieve over her complete shit political instincts making her out to look absolutely foolish.

Sep 28, 2018
Out of the 23 candidates or so, I only found Warren and Beto as truly genuine candidates and people that care about others. Given neither will be the nominee, I'm pretty much tuned out of the rest of the primary. The rest of the current field is toxic, wish we could have a redo.

Still voting though in April. And in November.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

These are all documented and as I said, I'm happy to roll out links tomorrow. I'm sorry if you disagree that these staffers' behavior has been toxic. For now, you'll have to be satisfied that I don't think endorsing the doxxing of Sanders's critics is a great look for Sirota or Gray.

BTW if you have Hulu, High Fidelity is pretty good, especially if you're a music geek of any kind.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Before this Primary began in earnest, I was ready go all-in for Warren. Honestly, I was disappointed when Bernie announced he would run, I kinda felt like he had his chance in 2016 and he should have just thrown his weight behind her.

But man, has she run a bad campaign. Just unforced errors left and right, and a complete lack of political instincts. Whoever she's got running her operation is taking her for a ride.

I'd been donating equally to Bernie and Warren since mid-2019, but after New Hampshire I finally did what had to be done: I cancelled my support for Warren and doubled my support for Bernie.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Your persona is St. Bernard. It has a mountain climbing/beekeeper theme.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017

Bloomberg just compiled a list for us today! C'mon yall.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1229500344046161921?s=20

I still can't get over how they thought this was in anyway a smart thing to put out haha. Bloomy would be annihilated by Trump.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These are all documented and as I said, I'm happy to roll out links tomorrow. I'm sorry if you disagree that these staffers' behavior has been toxic. For now, you'll have to be satisfied that I don't think endorsing the doxxing of Sanders's critics is a great look for Sirota or Gray.

BTW if you have Hulu, High Fidelity is pretty good, especially if you're a music geek of any kind.
No for now were going to have to take you on your word for that because youre not substantiating anything youve said. And a few days ago you made claims about Turner that werent true and tried to pass them off as more damming than they actually were. Its ok to dislike her and because she didnt fire someone who made gross comments. Trying to paint her out to be an incredibly toxic human individual who has some pattern or history with toxicity is pretty disingenuous, so I imagine people aren't likely to just take you at your word for stuff like sirota or gray either unless youre going to source that information for us to read.
Bloomberg just compiled a list for us today! C'mon yall.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1229500344046161921?s=20

I still can't get over how they thought this was in anyway a smart thing to put out haha. Bloomy would be annihilated by Trump.

Exactly. If this is the stuff people are talking about its incredibly tame.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
at this point im freaking out about Buttigieg and Bloomberg becoming president and what their foreign policy might look like. how many people's lives will actually be made worse if they won. being worried about someone's online behavior is such a non-factor for me.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Any large group of people on the internet will have people being impolite or worse. For example, in this very thread we have someone calling Bernie supporters a "mongol horde" doing some metaphorical "raping".
And those people were (I assume) immediately criticized and hopefully banned for saying such. There's no place for that kind of rhetoric. I acknowledge some people say awful things about Sanders supporters, but the frequency of attacks going to and from that crowd is disproportionate, and the attacks against other organizations is heavily slanted. I don't recall stories about Warren or Pete supporters brigading a newspaper or union because they were critical of their candidate for example.

I'll give you one. I'm disappointed Bernie rallied with Shaun King. The rest of the surrogates? They're fine. You can feel free to criticize their passion and their attacks on liberal bullshit, but none of it is "toxic" or worthy of firing. If you can bring up an example I haven't seen before then feel free.
Yes, it would be a shame if Bernie ran a series off ads/Interviews with an admitted sexual abuser like Cardi B, vocal transphobic/racist podcasters like Joe Rogan, or people who advocated for Jill Stein in 2016 like Brihana. That would be terrible optics.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

If it's well documented, then why does it take multiple requests for anyone to provide receipts?

Every time I've asked for evidence for these claims, I've gotten "look it up" (and even when the evidence was provided, it was basically nothing). Again, this is not what an argument in good faith looks like. So forgive me for being extremely skeptical in this context.

But anyway, sure, provide links whenever.

Jun 20, 2019
My wife's been supportive of both Warren and Sanders since they each announced. Her enthusiasm for Warren has been linked to her plan for daycare and parental leave, while liking the places where she overlapped with Sanders on health care, minimum wage, big business, and so forth.

Her enthusiasm for Warren has waned since she started waffling on M4A. She's now planning to vote for Sanders on Super Tuesday.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
If it's well documented, then why does it take multiple requests for anyone to provide receipts?

Every time I've asked for someone to back their claims, I've gotten "look it up" (and even when the evidence was provided, it was basically nothing). Again, this is not what an argument in good faith looks like. So forgive me for being extremely skeptical in this context.

But anyway, sure, provide links whenever.
Because every time it's done people ignore it or argue it's blown out of proportion, or just flat out deny it exists. Only so many times you can post a dozen tweets and news articles from various sources without losing the desire to keep doing it.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
You bernie people around here are delusional as fuck. The average Bernie bro on twitter is just as toxic if not more so then the trump fuckheads. Say a word that is even slightly not positive about Bernie and its like the Mongol fucking horde comes rolling in to rape and pillage

Complaining about other people as toxic.

Makes a comparison using raping and pillaging.

Sometimes I wonder which side is actually the more toxic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.