• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And Iowa still did not publish the final results, that one delegate difference between Bernie and Pete is still up in the air. As I said, if Bernie gets the nomination, maybe that will be enough momentum for him to win Iowa.
IDK if that's gonna be enough. Feel like he's gonna have to win the general in 2024 to really sew up Iowa.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Just voted for Bernie at 7:15. Poll wasn't very busy. New machines worked well, it prints out a paper ballot you then feed into another machine that looks a bit like a shredder but is supposed to scan the ballot. I like that the selection machine seems completely isolated.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm predicting +18

36 - Biden
18 - Steyer
15 - Bernie (barely scraping viability)
11 - Warren
7 - Bloomberg
7 - Buttigieg
4 - Klobuchar
2 - Others

Gonna be a fucking bumpy ride through ST and beyond :/
I'm predicting bad things but I don't think Steyer will come 2nd. I think it's likely his name recognition and his ad saturation likely inflated his polling numbers.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was cute, lol, Bernie playing as a rabbi in a low budget comedy movie.

Jesus this sent me down a rabbit hole.
I discovered that Bernie Sanders directed a documentary about Eugene V Debs in which he does the voice of Eugene V Debs.
I also discovered a folk album he recorded in 1987 called We Shall Overcome. You can buy it on iTunes.
www.youtube.com

Flashback: Bernie Sanders' 1987 Folk Album

Check out the lost 1987 folk album from Bernie Sanders "We Shall Overcome."Get the full story at: http://rol.st/1lzogrySubscribe to Rolling Stone on YouTube:...

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I think Steyer will only drop after Super Tuesday. He will probably come in 3rd in SC. No point for anyone to drop until after Tuesday anyway. If Warren loses her own home state she needs to drop.

Oct 27, 2017
How the hell does Biden get a bunch of momentum to win ST states off of 1 possible win in a state he was always projected to win meanwhile he's done poorly in the 3 previous states? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
How the hell does Biden get a bunch of momentum to win ST states off of 1 possible win in a state he was always projected to win meanwhile he's down poorly in the 3 previous states? I don't get it.

Because that's the most recent result that will be fresh in peoples minds. Also I think everyone was getting a little ahead of themselves saying that Biden was done when things have barely even started.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

How much does Biden have to win by to have both the delegate lead and the popular vote lead going into Tuesday. Like 25%?

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How the hell does Biden get a bunch of momentum to win ST states off of 1 possible win in a state he was always projected to win meanwhile he's done poorly in the 3 previous states? I don't get it.
I think the momentum thing is overrated a little bit in this equation. Firstly there is some evidence to believe Bloomberg is falling and his voters are now going to Biden. Secondly we are heading into the biggest state yet.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Let's get some Michigan 2016 levels of polling contradiction, baby!!
In all honesty, I'm optimistically preparing for a low double digit win for Biden.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Current polling has Biden potentially being unviable in multiple ST states and trailing Bernie in the majority of them. A win in SC isn't going to drastically change that. He has no money and next to no organization or advertising in these states.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Current polling has Biden potentially being unviable in multiple ST states and trailing Bernie in the majority of them. A win in SC isn't going to drastically change that. He has no money and next to no organization or advertising in these states.
Biden can have the South.
Bernie gets the rest of the country.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
I'm calling Biden +15. Steyer is a nice guy but I think when the rubber hits the road, most of his votes will transfer to Biden.

... this is a path for Biden to win though? If he racks up 20%+ margins in the south and stays competitive in other states then he gets the nomination.

I don't think he can get that kind of huge margin, mainly because Bloomberg is still carpet-bombing much of the states where he'd roll with ads. If Bloomberg is on the ballot, I'd expect Biden's win margins to be 5% at most.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
"Back That Azz Up"

a3eab751.gif

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think he can get that kind of huge margin, mainly because Bloomberg is still carpet-bombing much of the states where he'd roll with ads. If Bloomberg is on the ballot, I'd expect Biden's win margins to be 5% at most.

Right I don't think theres a great path for him if Bloomberg is still around but if Bloomberg drops out after ST then its a completely different discussion entirely.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
No it's not. Literally all I want is for people to hold their candidate accountable when they screw up. Give him even a fraction of the scrutiny they give any other candidate. Fuck, why is that so hard? It's nice to see someone admit it despite the handwaving they gave when these incidents came about.

Just posting to say that I've basically been nodding in agreement with your posts; I'm also a huge fan of Sanders but early-voted for Warren in the primary. I've been surprised with the extent of criticism of her from the left; her campaign has made a lot of mistakes and but I thought there was more people like me who broadly supported the majority of both of their platforms and made the choice between the two based on how they'd go about implementing their plans, and how we identify with their underlying ideologies. Maybe it's reading too much into the tone of internet discourse but I feel like if/when Warren drops out I'll be like "Bummer, but Bernie's a good dude and as good as second choice as I'll ever get" and I hope that in the unlikely event the roles are reversed, that more people would consider her in a similar way

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017

How much does Biden have to win by to have both the delegate lead and the popular vote lead going into Tuesday. Like 25%?

uhhh Biden would have to get a bigger delegate net gain than Hillary in 2016, it's rather unlikely (she gained +25 from SC, Biden is currently 30 behind)

popular vote sure cause Iowa/Nevada are caucuses I guess

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I think people have this concern that if Biden wins huge in SC it'll trigger a huge shift in ST states. I remain unconvinced. Obviously Biden will have a couple days of solid coverage for a big win, but he's not currently campaigning anywhere else. I think California alone is going to hurt the Biden comeback narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.