• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
why are people here glad Steyer is staying in the race? I know very little about him or his candidacy, so no motive to my question other than curiosity
He's just running to take Biden voters, and after will most certainly endorse Bernie.

Joke answer: he wants to survive the revolution and not to be eaten.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh how many more candidates are there this time? Why compare apples to grapes?

Are you reading those numbers right? It doesn't say anything at all about who they're voting for in 2020. Like, if 60% of voters in NH went for Bernie voters in 2016, wouldn't 60% of people coming out to vote in NH have voted for him last time?

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
So what's the bigger picture here? Is Sanders looking like he could actually become the presidential candidate? I'm in Scotland and know it's early days but my oh my that would be sweet.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh how many more candidates are there this time? Why compare apples to grapes?
That's not what that graph is showing. Sanders had 60% last time, but in this exit poll nearly half of the voters went with Clinton and only 30% Sanders. If it's accurate, around half of Sanders' supporters from last time didn't show.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Media continues to play its games. When Amy finished in 5th in Iowa they made sure to broadcast her entire speech. Warren finishes in 4th in NH and they cut her off after 30 seconds only showing the part where she is saying nice things about fellow candidates.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
why are people here glad Steyer is staying in the race? I know very little about him or his candidacy, so no motive to my question other than curiosity
He is alright for a billionaire and keeps the moderate vote from coalescing in NV and SC. It might prove very useful against Bloomberg come super tuesday.

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't believe Pete is doing so well. Surely he has no real chance.....right...? It's not simply talk that his support from minorities is non-existant?

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Not sure why people are still acting like Biden is absolutely done this early on. If he's performing like this in the south, yeah you have a point. This early on...what?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So what's the bigger picture here? Is Sanders looking like he could actually become the presidential candidate? I'm in Scotland and know it's early days but my oh my that would be sweet.

It's playing out pretty perfectly for Bernie. Pete has supplanted where we thought Biden would be in these states. He's made the margin a little narrower than biden would've netting a few less delegates for Bernie, but ultimately he's gonna falter when the next batch of states come up. Meanwhile him stealing all of Biden's thunder has really destroyed his "electability" and his momentum. Playing out pitch perfect so far, but there's a long way to go.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
well, let's wait to see how pete does in nevada and sc... probably nowhere as good. same with amy. they got nothing going beyond these two states which they put a lot of time into.

now it gets real and now you gotta reach more than just largely white democrats

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
What blows my mind is that in 2016, many considered Warren to be more well known and popular than Bernie in progressive circles. And now look at this. That's fucking crazy to me.

And to the user above that said she'll likely drop out to endorse Klobuchar. Yeah, I bet. She lost a lot of faith from the progressive base in 2016 when she endorsed Hillary instead of Bernie.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That isn't interesting information. I know exactly what the graph is showing. Do you have an answer to my question?
Your question is irrelevant to the point that poster made, and if you get what the graph is showing I don't know why you wouldn't find it to be interesting. Because if it's accurate (I have no idea if it is or not) many Sanders voters from 2016 did indeed not show up.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What blows my mind is that in 2016, many considered Warren to be more well known and popular than Bernie in progressive circles. And now look at this. That's fucking crazy to me.

And to the user above that said she'll likely drop out to endorse Klobuchar. Yeah, I bet. She lost a lot of faith from the progressive base in 2016 when she endorsed Hillary instead of Bernie.
I mean Bernie ran for president in 2016 and was the runner up for Democrats, Warren didn't. Makes sense Bernie is more well known now.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why people are still acting like Biden is absolutely done this early on. If he's performing like this in the south, yeah you have a point. This early on...what?

How can you be electable if people from predominantly white states won't vote for you?

Biden built his campaign on his electability.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn between MSNBC being enjoyable to watch for Chris Matthews in shambles and tearing my hair out because they keep performing Olympian mental gymnastics to explain why being in first place actually isn't as good as being in second place.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Your question is irrelevant to the point that poster made, and if you get what the graph is showing I don't know why you wouldn't find it to be interesting. Because if it's accurate (I have no idea if it is or not) many Sanders voters from 2016 did indeed not show up.
It isn't interesting because it's not 2016 and there are 4x as many candidates splitting the vote. Characterizing this as "Sanders voters not showing up" is disingenuous bullshit and you should be embarrassed.

The 2016 percentages do not matter. What matters is who wins the primaries now. It's a different field with different dynamics.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't believe Pete is doing so well. Surely he has no real chance.....right...? It's not simply talk that his support from minorities is non-existant?
These are tiny states. The City of Philadelphia has more people than the entire state of New Hampshire. Philly is only the 5th most populated city in the US. These races are more about perception than actual votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.