• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Bloomberg's strategy is legitimately about subverting the will of the people. He doesn't want votes, he wants delegates.
I give Bernie shit for not campaigning in the south in 2016 and rightfully so but Bloomberg straight up isn't on the ballot in the first 4 states and nobody seems to give a shit.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg would not win, how could anyone believe this? He's the embodiment of The Enemy to the left wing of the party. His very presence would depress the Democratic turnout, his myriad scandals that are just like Trump's means he can't even run on the moral high ground, and Trump will just call him Mini Mike and people will eat it up.

He's a uniquely awful, awful candidate.
I still think Trump bringing a Big Gulp on the debate stage and drinking it in Bloomberg's face would probably instantly make Bloomberg lose the election.
Yeah, not even kidding, with that Big Gulp stunt, Trump would wreck Bloomberg in every midwest and rust belt state expect Illinois. He'd probably even flip Minnesota.

Me 1/2020: I hope Bloomberg stays in to cannibalize Biden
Me 2/2020: I hope Biden stays in to cannibalize Bloomberg
Lol right?

i don't think sanders being ancient as fuck is a reason not to vote for him, but it is a reason for him to pick a vp that is at least somewhat aligned with his views.
If there was a viable progressive alternative, that would absolutely be a reason not to vote for him. That's why I backed Warren for a while. She's not viable anymore though, so I'm fully backing Bernie, but yeah... I'm honestly even more worried about him dying as an October surprise. Also forfeiting incumbency advantage is fucking dumb, but here we are.

And yeah, I'll be really pissed if Bernie picks a moderate VP, because there's a good chance he dies before 2025.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017

Would be really nice if the US took Latin America at all seriously. I don't even want to imagine what your politicians think of Central/South America if they can't even name the president of a neighbouring Latin American country. This really illustrates why the relationship between your country and the region is so terrible, complete ignorance and lack of interest beyond how to best exploit resources.

Edit: listening again it appears Buttigieg did say the full name

Pete is a super smart dude who seems like he retains information well and would make a real effort. Makes his establishment embrace all the sadder.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately if I learned anything from last general election, the national head to heads don't mean much. Clinton was up 4.7 at the same date last cycle.

That's not to say I don't think Sanders can win - I'm more in the camp of its a total crapshoot trying to figure out who is and isn't electable and just letting the primary play out will tell us who has the best chance.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
That part from the Trevor Noah show, wow. I already disliked him for his rethoric about black French people not being actually french, but this, wow. Dude's unabated trash.

First time watching that video, glad it was kind of a wake up call / attack on those out of touch or worse agenda having pundits. I had no idea Trevor Noah did that shit. Shame on him, I hope he gets embarrassed on that part.

They're so out of touch / disingenuous and it's disgusting that some of them pretend to represent democratic ideals.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not even kidding, with that Big Gulp stunt, Trump would wreck Bloomberg in every midwest and rust belt state expect Illinois. He'd probably even flip Minnesota.

I'm very libertarian for consumers on the individual level so that whole anti-soda business is just the cherry on the shit sundae of awful Bloomberg policies and gaffes.

If people should be drinking less soda, stop subsidizing corn or create disincentives/taxes in the supply chain and address things on that level without punishing people trying to find scraps of happiness in their daily lives by buying a fucking 20oz soda.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
People talk about the soda thing with Bloomberg but his stance on guns is something I agree with and also untenable for many independents around the country.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I was just browsing the Bernies subreddit and I saw someone post how Bloomberg is the same age as Bernie. I had to do a double take, like what the fuck.....
For all the hand wringing about Bernies age being a problem I have yet to see the same be done about Bloomberg anywhere in the media or even here.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Pete's CIA handlers have probably walked him through some scenarios for regime change in Mexico so not surprising he knows Obrador's name.

/s

Dec 31, 2017
I was just browsing the Bernies subreddit and I saw someone post how Bloomberg is the same age as Bernie. I had to do a double take, like what the fuck.....
For all the hand wringing about Bernies age being a problem I have yet to see the same be done about Bloomberg anywhere in the media or even here.

Damn I actually thought he was early 70s. Huh.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very libertarian for consumers on the individual level so that whole anti-soda business is just the cherry on the shit sundae of awful Bloomberg policies and gaffes.

If people should be drinking less soda, stop subsidizing corn or create disincentives/taxes in the supply chain and address things on that level without punishing people trying to find scraps of happiness in their daily lives by buying a fucking 20oz soda.
Yup, same here. I'm also always a bit shocked to find out how many people on this forum do support stuff like that and banning cigarettes.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
unknown.png

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Queer activists disrupt Pete Buttigieg event in San Francisco: 'We deserve better'

Fundraiser highlights division as growing number of LGBTQ+ voters say his views don’t represent them

Quite a shocker! LGBTQIA+ people and non-whites don't necessarily stan Buttigieg. Hmm, I wonder why that is...

the even better part

nothing says "big pete energy" quite like accusing lgbtq activists of being homophobes because they disagree with you

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I like to think the Dem Establishment never expected Klob to stick around for so long, and probably thought she would perform like Bennett or Booker, but through her debate feistiness and media sympathy she carved out her own piece of the moderate lane and is basically preventing both Biden and Buttigieg from asserting themselves as the standard-bearer for the moderate wing.

It's a hilarious situation all around and ultimately beneficial to Sanders but still, lol

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I saw a Twitter post on NH night referring to the multiple centrists being combined into one in exit polls as the "human centristpede" and thats what it should be referred to.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
RE: The Las Vega's Sun's endorsements of Biden and the Klob - From Wikipedia:
The Las Vegas Sun is one of the Las Vegas Valley's two daily newspapers. It is owned by the Greenspun family and is affiliated with Greenspun Media Group. The paper published afternoons on weekdays from 1990 to 2005 and is now included as a section inside the pages of the morning Las Vegas Review-Journal but continues operating exclusively on its own website.
Its publisher and president is Brian Greenspun, former publisher Hank Greenspun's son, who was a college roommate of President Bill Clinton. He was welcomed by Clinton during his presidency, as a house guest during a Clinton fundraising trip to Southern Nevada.

The afternoon edition of the paper was published until September 30, 2005, when, on October 2, 2005, theLas Vegas Sun began distribution with the
Las Vegas Review-Journal. The change came about after the Sun entered into an amended joint operating agreement with the Las Vegas Review-Journal to deliver the Sun with the Review-Journal , but with the Sun's content inserted in the Review-Journal.

Before Christmas in 2009, the Sun fired more than half its staff and changed its focus from daily news to feature stories and analysis. Then, in September 2011, the paper laid off a dozen additional employees, with Greenspun pointing to layoffs at the Sun a direct result of recent layoffs at thReview-Journal.

Lol, the Sun can get fucked. Also, fun fact, the The Review-Journal is owned by Sheldon Adelson.

In January a set of editorial principles were drawn up and publicized to ensure the newspaper's independence and to deal with possible conflicts of interest involving Adelson's ownership. In February Craig Moon, a veteran of the Gannett organization, was announced as the new publisher and promptly withdrew those principles from publication. He also began to personally review, edit, and sometimes kill stories about an Adelson-promoted proposal for the future Las Vegas Raiders football stadium.[22] In the months since, reporters say that stories about Adelson, and particularly about an ongoing lawsuit involving his business dealings in Macau, have been heavily edited by top management.[23]

The new ownership triggered numerous departures. On December 23 the paper's editor Mike Hengel stepped down in a "voluntary buyout".[24] Many reporters and editors left the newspaper citing "curtailed editorial freedom, murky business dealings and unethical managers."[25] Longtime columnist John L. Smith resigned after he was told he could no longer write anything about Adelson, a frequent focus of his reporting up till then.[25] Within six months, all three of the reporters who broke the story of Adelson's ownership had left the paper.

Fuck both of these papers.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That part from the Trevor Noah show, wow. I already disliked him for his rethoric about black French people not being actually french, but this, wow. Dude's unabated trash.
First time watching that video, glad it was kind of a wake up call / attack on those out of touch or worse agenda having pundits. I had no idea Trevor Noah did that shit. Shame on him, I hope he gets embarrassed on that part.

Not to derail the thread, but I think his response to the criticism is worth looking at.

The point after 5:30 struck me most, since before hearing it verbalized I hadn't realized how relevant it was to me and most people in my social circles, despite us being brown in one of the brownest areas in Canada.

(Though I've yet to watch that Bernie vid, and don't even like Noah all that much. Don't think I've seen a single full ep of his show since he took over)

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Chasten held a rally at a gay bar for Pete but cancelled when there were dance polls there? They are so lame.

A lot of people talk about the criticism of "Pete not being gay enough" but I don't think they really get the criticism at all. It's not that Pete has to be overly flamboyant, it's that he actively seems to avoid being seen around any parts of LGBTQ+ culture that could be seen as "problematic."

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
If the national queer candidate was inoffensively bland, that would be bad enough. Offensive and bland? Fuck off. I want a fire-breathing brawler whose running mate is a rainbow-wrapped brick with trans ribbons.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What the fuck is with this headline

amp.cnn.com

Dozens of accusers emerge after Andrew Yang's wife reveals sexual assault

Since Evelyn Yang told her story, nearly 40 additional people have alleged sexual misconduct by OB-GYN Robert Hadden, who avoided prison time in a 2016 plea deal.
Uhhhhhh, wow.. this feels incredibly irresponsible

I immediately assumed it was Yang himself, but forgot she had already talked about sexual assault from someone else a few weeks back

Status
Not open for further replies.