• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i heard "barbara robertson" as "robert robertson" and i was disappointed that i heard it wrong

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Possible hot take: Bernie has done an excellent job with his campaign so far. The Castro thing was the first flub in a while but it won't matter too much I think. Every candidate is gonna have some fuck ups here and there.
At worst, it means we don't win Florida which we shouldn't have been expecting to happen in the first place. Of all the electoral strategies, winning Florida ain't it.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
At worst, it means we don't win Florida which we shouldn't have been expecting to happen in the first place. Of all the electoral strategies, winning Florida ain't it.

Focusing on Florida seems to me a waste of time, no? All Sanders needs to win is Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. If he can just laser focus those states, maybe get Baldwin as a VP, he should win.

I'm reminded of Clinton who spent so much time and energy on wanting to run up the numbers in Red states because she thought Trump was gonna surefire lose that she didn't even bother holding onto the states she needed for a bare minimum win. Oh, and she still didn't win those red states.

And lastly, Florida is Trump's home state now, this cannot be understated.

Dec 6, 2018
I know that reforming and fixing the VA has been a part of Pete's campaign (and most dems campaigns), but I feel like Pete should be focusing on that more, it seems like the area where he can talk the most frankly.
One thing I find weird about Pete, and it may be because I try not to pay attention to him outside of debates, is that for such a young guy he is not really making any case for other offices/cabinet appointments. Like, Inslee had environment on lock, Castro and Beto immigration, Beto and Booker gun safety, and Kamala criminal justice. Hell you can even say that Warren is positioned as a great Treasury Secretary. The other candidates that are especially younger have narratives that show how valuable they are outside their pitch for presidency. I guess you could argue Pete is positioned as HUD, but anyone that looks at his record at South Bend would quickly see that he's not great for any progressive administration. The other easy case he could make for VA is kinda overshadowed by the fact that all he does is call for unity while shitting on DC elites and disparage M4A. I guess Klob is also in the same camp but she at least has a career to fall back on and isn't burning bridges

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
this UBI response from Pete sounds like every political speech about job displacement ive heard in the last 20 year

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Pete struggling to find a third interesting unknown thing to say about himself besides "im bad at dancing"

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Focusing on Florida seems to me a waste of time, no? All Sanders needs to win is Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. If he can just laser focus those states, maybe get Baldwin as a VP, he should win.

I'm reminded of Clinton who spent so much time and energy on wanting to run up the numbers in Red states because she thought Trump was gonna surefire lose that she didn't even bother holding onto the states she needed for a bare minimum win. Oh, and she still didn't win those red states.

And lastly, Florida is Trump's home state now, this cannot be understated.
Exactly! Hillary lost those states by less than 1%. Hillary was the most disliked nominee ever. Like seriously I think we could win back the rust belt with a minimal amount of effort. Sanders is anti establishment and has a strong populist message which I think would play well in those states.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Sanders would win SC.
But if he does win it, I can sleep well for super tuesday.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
alright, petes done with his townhall

no real new attacks on bernie, just the same lines as before

steyer is next

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Sanders is going to win South Carolina, but I definitely think it could be very close. I'm guessing Biden will win by around 10 points.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to know, who is playing dumb if Bernie is only covering 15 trillion of the 30 trillion cost for M4A.

He keeps saying he has it covered, but everyone else says he doesn't.

What the hell is going on? Or at least, what is his plan? Cost controls introduced within the bill? We assume M4A to cover what we have existing now. Will the bill have pricing limit set?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Steyers: "We should thank Bernie Sanders, but his approach is wrong", worried about government taking over stuff, etc

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
lol

Steyer: "I will not complement unelected leaders and dictators"

Moderator "Cuba and China?"

Steyer: "... Look."

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Steyer just doesn't stand out all that much

He seems better suited as an attack dog against republicans

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
I would like to know, who is playing dumb if Bernie is only covering 15 trillion of the 30 trillion cost for M4A.

He keeps saying he has it covered, but everyone else says he doesn't.

What the hell is going on? Or at least, what is his plan? Cost controls introduced within the bill? We assume M4A to cover what we have existing now. Will the bill have pricing limit set?
We spend 3.2 trillion a year on healthcare, 2 trillion of which is government spending. We can afford M4A by drastically reducing costs and diverting the 1.2 trillion of privately funded healthcare to the government instead.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Steyer needs to get out of the race and put his support someone else. But as with all these rich guys who enter, it's usually their ego and entitlement driving them on, not their popularity.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
lol

audience member: "You claim to be pro-environmental, but your campaign has been stuffing mailboxes with paper flyers three times a week"

Status
Not open for further replies.