• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's Going to Win South Carolina?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 585 39.2%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 853 57.2%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Pete Buttigieg

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • THE KLOBBERER

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Tom Steyer

Votes: 6 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you.

I do have empathy. But I just figure if I can pull myself out of minimum wage washing dishes. Living on my own from 16. Father in prison. Mother a suicidal drug addict.
If I can do that. I feel most of the others people who started where I did could as well if they put their mind and body to it.
Look man, that's an extremely rough upbringing. It makes me more empathetic to you than I was being previously, even though I stand by what I said about most of your positions being moronic. And it's great that you've made a better life for yourself. The reality is though...that there are people from even worse situations than what you are describing. Who cannot just "pull themselves out of it", for a vast multitude of reasons, most of which are not their fault. You have to recognize that even your own situation involves a lot of chance and luck. If you have empathy...then use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.