• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A lot of centrists show their ass when they try to tone police a progressive WOC.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Get them all the fuck out, seriously. This is looking like a real generational thing at this point. The sooner Millenials take over, the better. There's a reckoning coming when we take over, and AOC is just the start.

It's long past time, we harness our numbers into real action to counterbalance boomer-led Republican gains achieved since Nixon.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Ocasio-Cortez is an enigma to most House Democrats. She's very friendly in person, chatting up fellow lawmakers and security workers in the Capitol as she's tailed by admirers and reporters.

Then they see the Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter, where she frequently snaps at critics and occasionally at fellow Democrats.
It's almost like you can be friends or just amicable with someone while thinking their political opinions are worse than they could be and criticizing them-- especially when you're both politicians fighting for your constituents. Or supposed to be anyway...

Also, these dinosaurs have no idea how the internet works if they think she must be behind a campaign that's entirely grassroots. People do this all the time over less-important, non-political things without official backing.

This is all supposing the anonymous tipsters are actual congresspeople or have ears in Congress and being truthful, not liars or made up.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are weak lames who have spent years coasting. Now they're mad that they're actually being challenged to do their damn jobs or get out of the way.

Fuck em.

Oct 28, 2017
Shes going to double down and work herself into obscurity. Shes already been denied a seat on the finance committee.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's almost like you can be friends or just amicable with someone while thinking their political opinions are worse than they could be and criticizing them-- especially when you're both politicians fighting for your constituents. Or supposed to be anyway...

Also, these dinosaurs have no idea how the internet works if they think she must be behind a campaign that's entirely grassroots. People do this all the time over less-important, non-political things without official backing.

This is all supposing the anonymous tipsters are actual congresspeople or have ears in Congress and being truthful, not liars or made up.

This is also ignores the fact that many people have been very animus towards her. Whether it's the right who wants to take her down because she's a woman and progressive or people who want to amplify a mistake she made about the military budget. She has made a lot of enemies by just being outspoken and herself. She has every right to come after her critics but somehow that's a negative to some people.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
She hasn't really overstepped her bounds in terms of calling out Dems. I think most of her commentary and policy proposals have been in line with respecting the party as a whole. She isn't tone deaf in what she says.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AOC in reaction to this article.

AOC
To quote Alan Moore: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME."
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1083759782098583553

People are constantly surprised by her behavior, but as a fellow/ ex-bronxite she's basically normal. We're super blunt, up front and can be confrontational, but when you grow up around that kind of area, those are traits you need to survive and make friends and make ends meet. Demographics in other parts of the country worry so much about decorum, instead of understanding that it's terrible and dishonest. AOC glides past the BS, because she's got better things to do, and that's what scares people.

It's refreshing and the more I hear about her the more it inspires me to want to run for a public office because we need more of her, not less

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
She hasn't really overstepped her bounds in terms of calling out Dems. I think most of her commentary and policy proposals have been in line with respecting the party as a whole. She isn't tone deaf in what she says.

Yup. Overall it's been pretty tame, which is why I read these stories with a grain of salt, particularly since some of these TMZ esque stories she's already refuted, even with the ones having her attacking her GOP comrades which would be a given.

Honestly its INSANE the amount of coverage she's received which have the fingerprints of GOP PAC' and PR firms all over...I haven't seen those troops rally this way since Clinton (actually most recently Warren when they felt her a threat which lead to her ancestry-gate). Thing is she's much more media savvy then they are, but its disturbing to see

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with AOC. Time to clean house if all these old-head Dems wanna do is play politics. Fuck all that "she doesn't deserve" the position noise. This isn't a younger brother taking his older sister's room when she leaves for college. The people choose the best person for the job.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She's very aggressive with her agenda and I worry that going too hard will alienate her from her colleagues and make it harder for her to effectively sponsor bills and actually make that change a reality. She's done a good job thus far but I could easily see her slipping up and really harming her potential within the House, which hopefully doesn't happen.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
That's sweet of you. You're suggesting I'm stupid for thinking both sides of the aisle have major problems? I'm all for AOC beating up her own side. The whole system needs a flush.
When you're equating Republicans complaining about a site because it leans left and Democrats calling into question this story about AOC because from a site that had previously printed a story that was literally false, as confirmed by ACO herself, then yeah, you might want to reexamine how you evaluate what reporting should be.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like one of those moments you read about in history where a certain historical figure important for change and rights does their own thing despite the world telling them they're wrong, and are judged by history for doing the right thing. Pearl-clutchin' isn't a new thing. Those who say "Oh my, don't do that! That's not civil", they ain't new. History's is ripe with folks asking the "brash young warriors" to stand down, or sit in the corner. "That's not the way we do things here!", they say. Hell, I could see AOC being a role-model for future girls and young women to come!

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
seeing people who are normally vitriolically against any sort of criticism of Democrats from the left defend AOC has been one of the more peculiar patterns in the discourse of late. I predict it won't last.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I see an issue with so far is looking for a seat on ways and means committee (especially that one) is pretty arrogant for a brand new member of government.
But, I don't know how accurate that is.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These are weak lames who have spent years coasting. Now they're mad that they're actually being challenged to do their damn jobs or get out of the way.

Fuck em.
100%. Fuck these democrats just getting a paycheck and "doing things the way they should be done". Get up and fight. Every single one of them can be a voice and they all sit on their old white asses. They should all be tweeting like AOC. They should all be putting Republicans feet to the fire.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey uh protip to any pundit out there,
Fw6ShYm.jpg
is not actually an effective attack against an opponent.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Here are the rules, now get nothing accomplished with us for the next 30 years and enjoy your career. And they wonder why people don't care enough to vote.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats absolutely should call upon others to do better. AOC is completely right, and those who have a problem can take a seat.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you're equating Republicans complaining about a site because it leans left and Democrats calling into question this story about AOC because from a site that had previously printed a story that was literally false, as confirmed by ACO herself, then yeah, you might want to reexamine how you evaluate what reporting should be.

It seems to me that AOC has not asked for a correction or a retraction of the story in question, only that she put Politico on blast on Twitter. Meanwhile, Politico has stood by the story.

Since when do we automatically side with politicians when they complain about journalists? How does AOC saying 'nuh uh' automatically discredit Politico, a site with a longstanding reputation for quality political news? That's absurd.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
A little in party fighting is OK. I think everyone should try to not divide the party with constant wedge issues. You see eye to eye on 95% of things, great, don't focus on that 5% difference all the time. The goal is not to divide the party so it can be exploited in 2020.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I also kinda wonder how much of this is Politico pot-stirring though. Easy to take shit out of context to make a good story. They did the same with AOC's discussions with Pelosi too.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A little in party fighting is OK. I think everyone should try to not divide the party with constant wedge issues. You see eye to eye on 95% of things, great, don't focus on that 5% difference all the time. The goal is not to divide the party so it can be exploited in 2020.
i don't agree that democrats who want to water down policies on things like climate change and healthcare are allies

they need to get on board or get the fuck out

Oct 27, 2017
"There's a difference between being an activist and a lawmaker in Congress."

This is such a bullshit snipe. Fuck the coward that wouldn't be attributed to this. Sorry you lazy fucks aren't going to be able to play enemies in public with the republicans and friends in private anymore. Dogshit Democrats.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Why is politico trying to turn AOC the next Bernie bro? They afraid of her or something?

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
i don't agree that democrats who want to water down policies on things like climate change and healthcare are allies

they need to get on board or get the fuck out

There has to be some compromise. I agree with avoiding watering down certain things, but it really depends on specific details. An important factor is where the majority of the party stands on certain issues.