• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017

FiveThirtyEight said:
DrXxQNEW4AEwhYm.jpg
POLITICO: Democrats carve through GOP suburbs to take House
Democrats have won back control of the House of Representatives, slicing through Republican-held suburbs where President Donald Trump has proven toxic to undo a Republican majority once thought to be impervious until the next round of redistricting.

From Florida to Texas to Illinois, Republican incumbents who survived reelection in 2016 even as Trump lost their districts fell decisively to Democratic challengers who linked them to the president and attacked their votes on health care and taxes last year, delivering a check-and-balance message to the president.
Republicans went into the night hoping enough voters would differentiate between the president and local representatives to preserve their majority. But the battlefield of competitive seats has grown to include dozens of Republicans districts that have never seen close campaigns before, as restless voters and a flood of Democratic money and organizing pushed Democrats closer to their goal this fall.

Last edited:

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phew?

Still looking forward to see if Orange County, California turns blue this year.

Go Katie Porter!

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! But it hurts losing some Senators. I was expecting to lose 1 or 2, not 4!

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
This is great for us. I can see Democrats win the presidential race in 2020 but I don't know what they can do to win the Senate in the foreseeable future.

Oct 25, 2017
Take the victories where you can.
This is a pretty good one, especially with how gerrymandered the country became back in 2010.
The House being blue basically cripples Trump for the next two years. The wall is never going to happen, investigations are going to be constant, and the Senate has to play ball on certain issues, even with shitbag McConnel still in charge.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Tax returns, a real Russia interference investigation, ethics violations, the emoluments clause...it's a pretty big deal. It's a new day, Trump.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Good they got the house. Small gains. We didn't get to the moon in one mission. Voting has consequences. Dems weren't there in '10, '14, or '16.
Sad it wasn't enough for some areas, but it is what it is. Do it again for 2020. You can't undo 10+ years of GOP fuckery (voter id, gerrymandering, etc) in one big wave.

I'm really hoping people don't lose sight of the gains that happened this election. Seeing the ground work and involvement was really inspiring. Youth showed up. 2020 lets get it

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wrestling back any kind of control from the Republicans is great news, and I'm willing to fight for even more. Let's fuck 'em up.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'll take it, even though I now have to watch Cruz's booger-eating face for the next 6 years

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A solid enough victory, and likely the most realistic. Build on this momentum going into 2020.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This was a good night.

It was not a night without disappointments but unquestionably a good night as a whole. Tonight was the first step.

2020 is the second.

We got this.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Probably feels like a consolation prize for people from certain states right now but it's a big get no matter how you cut it.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it, even though I now have to watch Cruz's booger-eating face for the next 6 years
UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH! Persistent little demonic shit stain Cruz yet survives? I hope millennials will continue increasing their vote power and we can finally exorcise this fucker the next time around.