• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But that's not what I was told when I was in this hipster coffee shop last week

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Daaaamn. It does suck we lost two senate seats though, but, I have to say, if we can keep the House this healthy, it will go a long way in making this country a better place. Especially if we can go on the offensive against gerrymandering soon.

Also, if I'm a Republican, I'm not liking Trump's chances.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
I remember on election night saying this wasn't a blue wave. Dems won 2/3 of the senate seats that were out for reelection and switched almost 40 house seats.

Senate would be a different story if majority of election seats weren't Democrats but it is what it is

State house and governor races were extremely favorable to dems as well. In all it was a blue wave

Coolness

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
giphy.gif

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I keep being told no one know's what their platform is and that they're always in disarray.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This is a total referendum on that orange shit stain. Trump is a losing horse. But by all means, Republicans, keep on hitching your wagons to him. Good chance he gets destroyed in 2020.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a total referendum on that orange shit stain. Trump is a losing horse. But by all means, Republicans, keep on hitching your wagons to him. Good chance he gets destroyed in 2020.

Well the economy was one of the only "positive" things he had to talk about and that probably won't last for him considering he's doing everything he can to fuck with things. After that all he'll have is constant negativity and fear mongering which I don't think is going to work in the face of a failed 4 years.

Nay

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Thats really amazing, but its only a 7.9 difference. All the polls were anticipating 9-11 I believe right before, so, is that number missing ballots like provisionals still or were the polls just slightly over-optimistic?

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Not really a fair comparison with the way California elections work now. In many races it was two Democrats squaring off.

Edit: This didn't happen in as many districts as I though, just a few actually.

Last edited:

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
The percentage margin really is genuinely quite large, but it was only record breaking in absolute number of votes. Which is partially greater just because the population is higher.

The Senate is just depressing. With the rural states having increasing power over time it's looking like it might be impossible for Democrats to ever control the Senate, even if they get 70% of the people's votes. You could even write the same headline: Democrats win 70% of Senate votes in biggest victory in history in terms of percentage AND raw votes... and they still lose the Senate because all the rural state votes count for 4 or 5 times a higher population state.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Sad thing is they will triple down on him. They have nothing else. Run on improving people's lives? That is crazy talk

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the right and many on the left were undermining the victory immediately from election night on and that's the story that will stick in most people's heads.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
If things keep going the way that they are and Trump is on the ballot in 2020, I expect way more pickups across the board. Trump might single-handedly destroy the Republican party for at least the next decade. :)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But there will still be plenty of interviews in diners with Trump supporters.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The fact were upset we lost in Georgia and Texas shows how far we came this midterm. The only big bummer is Florida, which seems to unfortunately be quite conservative as of late.
Even still a black woman deliver one of the closes races in GA history. It sucks she lost but Democrats should be chomping at the bit for GA in 2020

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
You're obviously reading the statistics wrong. This was expected and in fact is Trump simply clearing out all the disloyal and weak Republicans so that he can replace them all with truly loyal Trump patriots in 2 years.

Or some such hogwash

lol this is basically exactly a response on Twitter. "Why is it always anti-Trump people that seem to push these polls? Why don't I ever get contacted for one of these?" etc., etc.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Quick, someone quote the doom and gloom, crying and whining from the first few pages of the election night thread.

All the "It was all pointless, fuck this, i'm not voting ever again" etc etc ones.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Uh oh, this goes against Trump's narrative. Guess the GOP is going to have to cheat harder next time. Keep voting and remember every election matters. They won't stop so neither should you.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Even still a black woman deliver one of the closes races in GA history. It sucks she lost but Democrats should be chomping at the bit for GA in 2020
One that was rife with voter intimidation/suppression tactics as well. I absolutely agree about 2020. I doubt it'll go blue in the next election, but the time to start investing in it is now.