• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
Is that the DLC or something else?

If its the extra scenario that takes place from the old inn then it should be the extra content.

Plus the extra content had the lv cap increase too so should be it from what PMVJ described.

So good news for everyone then!

Last edited:

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
A little bummed about the gem change. It's really annoying having to constantly sell stuff in order to afford them.

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Apparently the PS4 version has a bug where you'll earn 50-100x the money (glim?) that you're supposed to if you play on high difficulty, with some battles in the beginning giving 2000

How much does that break/ruin the game? Still not sure which version to pick.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the PS4 version has a bug where you'll earn 50-100x the money (glim?) that you're supposed to if you play on high difficulty, with some battles in the beginning giving 2000

Completely. I'm 10 hours in and I can't afford my second (third) room because I'd be left with almost nothing afterwards. Since you'll need to buy gems this time, you'll need all the money you can get.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017

Been playing on PS4 on the default difficulty and I'm near the end of the game. I've been getting a lot of money, don't really buy anything other than gems though and rooms for the demons.

OP
OP
Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
Interestering about the money bug. Must be something new as didnt see any info on the jp wikis about that. Wonder if its just ps4 ver related.

OP
OP
Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
Some DLC is out today on NA PSN. What exactly do the noisy capes do?

Since the localization is differet not 100% sure but 2nd 3rd and 4th item on that list might be the 3 capes.

dvi1nht.png

Taken from the JP wiki sorry forgot to link it earlier as was on mobile device.
http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/dg2/index.php?装備/防具/アクセ

Last edited:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Might actually get this down the line. Still want some general impression. How is it compared to the first game?

OP
OP
Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
Might actually get this down the line. Still want some general impression. How is it compared to the first game?

The most simple way to put it is if you liked the first game you should enjoy Demon Gaze II. Though the largest change to keep in mind is there is no character creation for your party due to all "classes" are tied to the characters in the narrative that you fight & join you as you progress.

So those who are expecting the same party creation system will most def be let down.

Other thing is games difficulty is much easier than the first. For example "Normal" difficulty is basically easy from the original. Had to set the difficulty higher on mine to get a slight bit more of a challenge. Even then its still a lot easier than the first.

Content wise with the game you will be getting more than your $$$ worth seeing how the US ver has the extra content included also with the game. Though according to PepsimanvsJoe you need to beat the game to access it.

Just reached the extra scenario.
You have to complete the main-game and then the post-game dungeon in order to unlock it.

Also the level/stat-cap gets bumped up to 99.

Btw was this with the Vita or PS4 ver? As am curious if the Western Vita ver has the content included on the card too. Would like to think so.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The most simple way to put it is if you liked the first game you should enjoy Demon Gaze II. Though the largest change to keep in mind is there is no character creation for your party due to all "classes" are tied to the characters in the narrative that you fight & join you as you progress.

So those who are expecting the same party creation system will most def be let down.

Other thing is games difficulty is much easier than the first. For example "Normal" difficulty is basically easy from the original. Had to set the difficulty higher on mine to get a slight bit more of a challenge. Even then its still a lot easier than the first.

Content wise with the game you will be getting more than your $$$ worth seeing how the US ver has the extra content included also with the game. Though according to PepsimanvsJoe you need to beat the game to access it.

Thank you for the reply. Really clear things up.

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Decided to go with Vita in the end, gotta support it in its last days

I feel like they completely botched the start of the game, the forced alignment choice without any real information what it entails, the small and boring maps and the lack of gems and money don't leave a great first impression.

But now that I have my first full party it feels like Demon Gaze again and I'm starting to really enjoy it. Don't really understand the complaints against the dating elements, while it's kinda uneccessary it's such a small part and you can easily skip through it. The "touching" minigame isn't even lewd in any way. I saw some people say it ruined the game for them, I don't see how that's possible.

Playing around with the difficulties I started with Burning since Incinerated was too tough in the very beginning, but now I feel like it's getting too easy. Might bump it up again.

EDIT: Prometh is the best

Last edited:

Dorarnae

Dec 5, 2017
I got in a bit late, had to finish SMT deep....the ps4 version is nice, but is it me or some sounds are missing during the animation when you use the cross demon thing?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Started the game two days ago, currently having a blast. I heard that the additional content is as big as the main campaign, I'm not sure I'll keep playing after I get the platinum trophy for this one.

Dorarnae

Dec 5, 2017
Started the game two days ago, currently having a blast. I heard that the additional content is as big as the main campaign, I'm not sure I'll keep playing after I get the platinum trophy for this one.

the additional scenario have boss with insane amount of hp but I find that scenario quite fun, lots of new items to farm and the dungeon is also more fun to explore.