• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see whatever the final fight will be but I also can't imagine Muzan losing. He seems to be powering up or something (clearly entering his Safer Muzan state) and everybody is completely wrecked. I wonder if Nezuko will somehow join the fight.
I hope Nezuko somehow finds her way into the fight. Don't know how it'd work though. Maybe they really don't fight him now but they seem to be gearing up for it.

No matter how you slice it Tanjiro ain't 1v1 Muzan
TpovmbO.jpg

But yeah I've always pictured it as a team fight with Tanjiro landing the final blow.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
3LrSKXa.jpg

Favorite Zenitsu moment. Like who the hell is this guy!? Lmao. It was hard defending Zenitsu in the anime thread too

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yooo, great OT! This latest arc has been fantastic, lots of great stuff. Finally made Zenitsu into something other than a bad joke, for one 😏

Take: I don't think they're going to close things out as soon as the arc is implying they are. There's a couple of reasons for that - firstly, Nezuko got tabled before her full transformation into... whatever she is/was becoming finished - she could talk, kind of, and she could be out in the sun, but we never see her fully "online," and I don't think things are going to conclude before that - certainly not with a "guess what, she was cured off panel!" Secondly, there's still a bunch of setting/plot threads dangling that I think they're going to want to conclude before curtain call. We still have no idea what's up with that flower that supposedly turned Muzan into a demon, most notably. He spent hundreds of years scouring every inch of Japan for it, and found... nothing. There's also whatever's up with the Breath of the Sun users' birthmark/curse (though we might get that when they kill the First Upper Moon). So I figure that there's probably one more arc to come after this one. Muzan gets away, retreats, badly hurt but everyone knows he's going to heal up better than our heroes. Last desperate attempt.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Take: I don't think they're going to close things out as soon as the arc is implying they are. There's a couple of reasons for that - firstly, Nezuko got tabled before her full transformation into... whatever she is/was becoming finished - she could talk, kind of, and she could be out in the sun, but we never see her fully "online," and I don't think things are going to conclude before that - certainly not with a "guess what, she was cured off panel!" Secondly, there's still a bunch of setting/plot threads dangling that I think they're going to want to conclude before curtain call. We still have no idea what's up with that flower that supposedly turned Muzan into a demon, most notably. He spent hundreds of years scouring every inch of Japan for it, and found... nothing. There's also whatever's up with the Breath of the Sun users' birthmark/curse (though we might get that when they kill the First Upper Moon). So I figure that there's probably one more arc to come after this one. Muzan gets away, retreats, badly hurt but everyone knows he's going to heal up better than our heroes. Last desperate attempt.
Yup, this is pretty much how I think things will go.

I can see the threat of the rising sun forcing Muzan to retreat once Kanroji and Snake Pillar take out the demon controlling the building, leading up to the final battle between the Pillars (now including Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao) and Nezuko Vs Muzan and whatever last minute replacement minions he can scrap together while the demon slayers are recovering.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this is pretty much how I think things will go.

I can see the threat of the rising sun forcing Muzan to retreat once Kanroji and Snake Pillar take out the demon controlling the building, leading up to the final battle between the Pillars (now including Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao) and Nezuko Vs Muzan and whatever last minute replacement minions he can scrap together while the demon slayers are recovering.
That'll be kind of a letdown after the 6 Upper Moons, unless they do the classic anime thing and have the Even Better Baddies We Didn't Mention Until Now For Whatever Reason squad turn up.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
saw theory that the flower muzan is looking for might sprout from the tree growing out of UM1

also they really gotta into this eating demon flesh thing cause wtf

UM1 mentioned he beat someone that did that 300 years ago and also later said he had his hardest fight 300 years ago

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That'll be kind of a letdown after the 6 Upper Moons, unless they do the classic anime thing and have the Even Better Baddies We Didn't Mention Until Now For Whatever Reason squad turn up.
It would be pretty BS for him to have a bunch of reserve minions that we haven't seen yet, so the only other options would be (A) Muzan walking into the final battle alone (which doesn't seem like his style) or (B) he takes what he can get and makes some new minions out of desperation. They'd be weaker than the OG Upper Moons, which would work well for the final battle since the OG ones were too strong for even the Pillars to 1v1, with the exception of the pot guy.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It would be pretty BS for him to have a bunch of reserve minions that we haven't seen yet, so the only other options would be (A) Muzan walking into the final battle alone (which doesn't seem like his style) or (B) he takes what he can get and makes some new minions out of desperation. They'd be weaker than the OG Upper Moons, which would work well for the final battle since the OG ones were too strong for even the Pillars to 1v1, with the exception of the pot guy.
Lol, yeah, it'd be pretty BS for him to have another tier of minions. I do like the idea of some sub-Upper Moon but still strong minions getting whipped up real quick, especially since we'd probably have another recovery arc before the final showdown - plenty of time to do a parallel thing. Demon hunters getting stronger, new minions getting stronger. Would make for a cool showdown.

Alternatively, there's another theory I like, but would lend itself to a much longer series, which I don't think they're going to do. There's some space they could explore with the parallels between classic vampires and this series' demons - maybe the reason why Muzan could never find his mystery flower is because it's from very, very far away...

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I like the Infinity Train Arc... But damn, I'm more excited for the RL District and the Blacksmith Village Arcs. Those two will be bananas with the destruction, gore and having Nezuko and Tanjiro going all out. I want to see Tanjiro's power-up animated in RL District, I want to see the part where Tanjiro's Blacksmith just keeps, on, sharpening, that sword even after all the torture he received, and then acting like nothing happening after that arc.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got Hitman Reborn flashbacks here
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was very pleasantly surprised to see this.
That forehead is too creepy to mourn. In fact, I welcomed his death.
nSePzgXF_400x400.jpg

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
You thought Zenitsu's relationship with the girls was bad? Yeah...

ZcsKw4W.png

the funniest panel in the whole series to me is the one where he angrily realizes that inosuke taught Nezuko to call everyone inosuke

I think it's around the one you quoted? Shit killed me when I read it

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So in the other thread (i think?) I was reading that the visuals associated with the breath attacks (water effects, lightning effects, etc) are supposed to be metaphorical. When I read the wiki though (some of the thunder breath attacks for example) it seems like they literally produce lightning. Which is it?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo, great OT! This latest arc has been fantastic, lots of great stuff. Finally made Zenitsu into something other than a bad joke, for one 😏

The only way I see it continuing on is if they pull a Naruto or a worse version of what Reborn did.

Pretty much all of the fights have had a sense of finality for all of the characters involved as well and I don't see how creating new villains for them to fight would work.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
So in the other thread (i think?) I was reading that the visuals associated with the breath attacks (water effects, lightning effects, etc) are supposed to be metaphorical. When I read the wiki though (some of the thunder breath attacks for example) it seems like they literally produce lightning. Which is it?
Unless I'm mistaken the breaths are just varying sword techniques and styles, the characters don't have superpowers other than total concentration breathing but maybe I'm wrong I never got the impression they were ever producing the elements. Especially for something like sound and love how would that even work

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do you all really think this is going to be the last arc? I know it's been rumored and it feels like a final arc, but part of me does want to see more after this.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
So do you all really think this is going to be the last arc? I know it's been rumored and it feels like a final arc, but part of me does want to see more after this.

No I feel like Muzan will get away somehow but if that doesn't happen I would like to see more characters fleshed out before it ends.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Muzan getting away means he can pump out more moons which would be a waste of time since we're already having all the big moon confrontations.