• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably more history about Hinokami Kagura. I could be more surprising if that dance was older than sun breathing itself, like Yoriichi is inspired by them.
Let's be crazy, Yori still has some kind aura that intimidate koku, whereas Tanjirou (and his father) have plant-like aura.
what do you mean by plant-like aura?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Recently read the manga and caught up. Great manga though it suffers from the whole shonen mc power out of the ass plot armor.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Chapter 179 spoilers
Genya doesnt make it.....come on, not when he just started to reconcile with his bro, still dont fully understand if Mist boy is actually dead, he was arguably the second strongest.....also im sure Muzan has a backup plan, afterall he just needed Koku to hold the upper pillars for a little longer, im guessing he will have fully absorbed Tamayo by the time we meet him again.

None Spoilers.
Tanjiro has to be atleast Pillar level, he was holding his own against Akaza.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
*cries in pig noises*

I hate this manga.

(translation is something like, "when you touch pinkies like this, it's a promise," I think?)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
If we go by that none of the pillars are pillar level 😏 except the only one to 1v1 a upper moon best mist boy. Otherwise the boy's and girls growth have been pretty consistent. I'd put all 5 of them on pillar level imo

Tokito was so savage that we didn't even got a flashback for that upper demon lol the only one not to get a single reference to his past life.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Probably more history about Hinokami Kagura. I could be more surprising if that dance was older than sun breathing itself, like Yoriichi is inspired by them.
Let's be crazy, Yori still has some kind aura that intimidate koku, whereas Tanjirou (and his father) have plant-like aura.
Yo, that... makes a ton of sense. Rather than being a fighting style disguised as a dance, have it be a dance that was turned into a fighting style - he learned the breathing from them, and then developed the sword techniques from the movements. Maybe the origin of it loops back around to being a fighting style from some point in the far distant past, even...

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
EHEipbWUYAEw1Os.jpg

EHEisPmUwAEs9RB.jpg

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yo, that... makes a ton of sense. Rather than being a fighting style disguised as a dance, have it be a dance that was turned into a fighting style - he learned the breathing from them, and then developed the sword techniques from the movements. Maybe the origin of it loops back around to being a fighting style from some point in the far distant past, even...
Reminds me a little of ATLA.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that wouldn't make sense to me is the ear rings. Did he copy their ear rings or did he give the ear rings to the head of the family to pass down the style to whoever learns the dance?

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Only thing that wouldn't make sense to me is the ear rings. Did he copy their ear rings or did he give the ear rings to the head of the family to pass down the style to whoever learns the dance?
He wasn't wearing them when he was old. So it's possible he passed them down which may have been the start of the tradition.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He had them in that flashback with Tanjiro's ancestor, but not when he saw his brother, so I think he just gave them to the family when he either learned or taught the techniques.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing ends well when related to Mist

The Mist by Stephen King the shitty book ending
The Mist movie based off the book with the super grim ending
Mist-y from Pokemon never getting her bike back.
Now this

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was joking about it before, but goddamn. Gotogue is savage and gives zero fucks about how you feel about your favorites.

PrKQvwm.jpg

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really hurting too much from these deaths because they're happening too back to back. That might be imho the biggest negative to the story. There has been little breathing room.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Neither of these two really didn't hit me as hard of Shinobu tbh. Probably because I didn't know either long enough.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These two hit me hard due to how freaking young they are compared to the surviving members. It's realistic since the newbies tend to die in war before the veterens due to lack of experience, but you rarely see that in shounen. Threw me for a surprise.

That and Genya's brother's reaction actually got to me.

I'm not really hurting too much from these deaths because they're happening too back to back. That might be imho the biggest negative to the story. There has been little breathing room.
I quite like the quick pacing (Black Clover and Dr. Stone are also rather quickly paced), though it's making some of the other manga I read feel glacial in comparison.

For Demon Slayer, a series I felt would drag its feet in the Red Light District arc and the Sword Village arc, is quickening the pace here and it makes sense why. This is a raid on the Upper Moon base. They don't really have all that much time since they're trying to get to Muzan quickly and the other Upper Moons are pretty much just getting in their way.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Muzan fully absorbs the demon lady (can't really remember her name) is he going to get a power boost? If that really does happen, then I bet Tanjiro and Nezuko are gonna be the ones to bring him down and I bet Tanjiro is gonna die.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm enjoying this, up to episode 6 I think now? They just finished their first trial thing to be inducted into the demon hunter society.

A lot of it feels SUPER derivative, like we've just swapped out ninjas or shinigami for yokai and oni, but moments like Episode 2's where Nezuko boots off that guy's head are entertaining enough to keep my interest.

Does it continue to stay weird or does it fall into the shounen "power up and monologue at bad guys" routine like the last few episodes?

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this, up to episode 6 I think now? They just finished their first trial thing to be inducted into the demon hunter society.

A lot of it feels SUPER derivative, like we've just swapped out ninjas or shinigami for yokai and oni, but moments like Episode 2's where Nezuko boots off that guy's head are entertaining enough to keep my interest.

Does it continue to stay weird or does it fall into the shounen "power up and monologue at bad guys" routine like the last few episodes?
You're in the manga thread so watch out for spoilers. This isn't typical shounen. Keep watching.