• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So which cover do you like the most?
And should Lightning blade get his own cover?
acMc6Fc.jpg

me1Hgax.jpg
7 and 13 are STRONG

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Rule 1 of the bunkitz school of fan art sharing: Please use saucenao.com if you find something and don't know its source. Artists often, and rightfully, dislike their stuff being shared without credit.
Source.

Very nice art. I would have liked for those five to interact more and fight together.
My bad

also you all wrong him and Zenitsu interacted in the pillar training arc Ha
Checkmate

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Dammit... Don't gotta remind us. Gotoge's sick for taking Genya away from us all.

Here's the source, by the way:

Figured you got this off Google again, lol. They got some pretty cool art:

Now I'm hoping Mui's eyes glow when his Mist moves get animated.
So which cover do you like the most?
And should Lightning blade get his own cover?
acMc6Fc.jpg

me1Hgax.jpg
My favorite's probably... 8? Maybe 10 is in second place. Sadly, I'm a bit disappointed with most of the covers cause they're pretty bland. Everything after volume 10 is a character behind a similar background but with a different color. Before that but after volume 4 it's also only just a single character in background. They still look good, but nothing really attention-grabbing for me. At least the first four volumes were each telling a bit of a story. I wonder why Gotoge changed things.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My bad

also you all wrong him and Zenitsu interacted in the pillar training arc Ha
Checkmate
All good bro.

And I remember lol. Just think a fight with the "Big 5" young slayers would've been nice. As things stand, it's not even that much of a big 5 lol.

Dammit... Don't gotta remind us. Gotoge's sick for taking Genya away from us all.

Here's the source, by the way:

Figured you got this off Google again, lol. They got some pretty cool art:

Now I'm hoping Mui's eyes glow when his Mist moves get animated.

My favorite's probably... 8? Maybe 10 is in second place. Sadly, I'm a bit disappointed with most of the covers cause they're pretty bland. Everything after volume 10 is a character behind a similar background but with a different color. Before that but after volume 4 it's also only just a single character in background. They still look good, but nothing really attention-grabbing for me. At least the first four volumes were each telling a bit of a story. I wonder why Gotoge changed things.

Oh they have a Twitter. Following them now, thank you.

I like Volume 10 too, cool posing and energy.
Even if Volume 7 is my favorite, I am with you in preferring the pattern for the first four covers compared to the new ones. Could have been cool to have successive covers still have new characters on them while keeping the idea of Tanjiro being with them and maybe showing how their relationship is.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Rule 1 of the bunkitz school of fan art sharing: Please use saucenao.com if you find something and don't know its source. Artists often, and rightfully, dislike their stuff being shared without credit.
Source.
AuqbGYQ.gif

I raised you well, my boy.
Could have been cool to have successive covers still have new characters on them while keeping the idea of Tanjiro being with them and maybe showing how their relationship is.
Right?? Or even just something that tells us what's going on in that volume, not just for variety's sake but also cause I'd like to know what's going on where.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Covers are pretty boring, I don't think I like any of them lol

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Right?? Or even just something that tells us what's going on in that volume, not just for variety's sake but also cause I'd like to know what's going on where.
You can generally tell what's going on by what character is on the cover since that character would be important at the time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You can generally tell what's going on by what character is on the cover since that character would be important at the time.
Usually yeah but it's not quite as obvious as it could be.
(Anecdotally I remember finishing Vol. 3 then looking up the release date for Vol.4 and seeing Inosuke and Tanjiro facing off and I was like "oh snap they really will fight" lol and was looking forward to its release more)

With this upcoming volume though, it's particularly weird because the chapters in Volume 19 seem to be the end of the Doma fight and the beginning of the Kokushibo fight. Iguro is in exactly one of the nine chapters that's in that volume and it feels like he's here more to fill a pattern than to represent the contents of the book. (which isn't that big a deal, happens a lot with various series, but still kinda funny)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Generally, yeah, but it'd be nicer to get something at least a little more specific. Especially for the longer arcs.
And then Ashihara comes in with the smart ass solution of the single character cover but character is also surrounded by manga panel snippets lol.

Last edited: