• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the...
NEOBK-2391966.jpg

Welcome to the Kimetsu no Yaiba manga OT! First and foremost I want to give a big shoutout to Mediking for holding down the fort with his anime OT: https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...d-kurosaki-ichigo’s-long-lost-brother.111184/

Synopsis:
Tanjiro Kamado is a kindhearted and intelligent boy who lives with his family, making money by selling charcoal. Everything changes when his family is attacked and slaughtered by demons. Tanjiro and his sister Nezuko are the sole survivors of the incident. Nezuko has now become a demon, but surprisingly still shows signs of human emotion and thought. Tanjiro becomes a demon slayer to help his sister become human again and to prevent the same tragedy that happened to him and his sister, from happening to others.

Characters:
tumblr_pyjjw8Zi8B1w8n8zko1_400.jpg
tumblr_pyjkuqeLbp1w8n8zko1_400.jpg

Tanjiro Kamado:
Main character of the series, a passionate boy driven by his desire to turn his sister back into a human. A kind hearted soul who shows sympathy to those demons who were unwillingly killed and lost their lives.

Zenitsu Agatsuma: A very timid boy who's afraid of almost everything. Zenitsu can be a bit jarring at times to some because of his cowardly attitude and strong attraction to women, however when Zenitsu sleeps his true abilities are shown and he becomes a force not to be taken lightly.

Inosuke Hashibira: A boy raised by wild boars in the mountains, Inosuke is a battle hungry hothead ready for action at all times. He is so skilled that he created his own breathing techniques. His travels with Tanjiro and co are helping him better understand human interaction and emotions.

Nezuko Kamado: Nezuko, The main heroine of the story and Tanjiro's younger sister. Due to being turned into a demon by the hands of Muzan her personality has reverted to a somewhat childlike state but make no mistake, she holds her own in battle and saves our heroes many times. Nezuko is special in the fact that she isn't under Muzan's control and does not need to eat humans and instead sleeps to recover strength.

The Pillars (Hashiras)
latest

Gyomei Himejima (Stone)/ Muichiro Tokito (Mist)/ Mitsuri Kanroji (Love)/ Kyojuro Rengoku (Flame)/ Giyū Tomika (Water)/ Shinobu Kocho (Insect)/ Tengen Uzui (Sound)/ Obanai Iguro (Serpent)/ Sanemi Shinazugawa (Wind)

Main Antagonist
151156.jpg

Muzan Kibutsuji: The first of his kind, the progenitor of many other Demons and the main antagonist of the series, Micheal Jac... uh I mean Muzan is responsible for a lot of pain and suffering in the series. Believed to be over 1000 years old, Muzan is a cold-hearted and ruthless individual with a narcissistic streak and an obsession for perfection. With a drop of his blood he can turn humans into demons. Muzan keeps his cover pretending to live amongst humans going as far to create his own family and this perfect picture.

Lower Moons 6
5898306-12.jpg

Upper Moons 6
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f384c41415559786830356a4558773d3d2d3736363236343937392e313562366439376464383639326465653339353536383730373833342e6a7067

Breathing Styles ("Breath of...")
Our heroes fight using breathing techniques that allow them to go toe to toe with demons who have superhuman strength no normal human could ever handle. All the breathing styles originate from a single breathing technique, some of which have different style variations derived from them. Thank you SilentPanda for the image:

HuWhvFf.jpg

Breath of the Sun:
  • Breath of Water
    • Breath of Flower
      • Breath of the Insect
    • Breath of the Serpent
  • Breath of Flames
    • Breath of Love*
  • Breath of Wind
    • Breath of Mist
    • Breath of the Beast*
  • Breath of Thunder
    • Breath of Sound
  • Breath of Stone

Current manga Arc: Dimensional Infinity Fortress Arc
Manga Chapters: 137 - NOW

FNOvmoD_d.jpg

yCKhVDe_d.jpg

Demon Slayers vs. Muzan and the Upper Moons!? Is this the final battle?!

Please support the official release:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba

B-Dubs said:
Guys, just a reminder. No mentioning scan sites at all. You can say "the usual place," "the place we all go," "the guys that translate the chapter," whatever silly little euphemism you want. You just can't say anything identifying. No names, no initials. No watermarks on pics posted in the thread. This goes for every single manga thread on this site.

Can also watch the first season:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba/episode-1-cruelty-782932
https://www.hulu.com/series/demon-s...2c3e4b00-30d9-434d-bccc-cf346e40e868?dl=false

tenor.gif

80b72bd80586d0e965628eed8441f8e304ba3082.gif
tenor.gif

Thank you for coming I hope the OT is to your liking.

Pig Assault!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Great OT, Blackleg-sanji1 ! I've got a clean image of the current arc spread from the Shonen Jump app. You want? It's got no text and everything.

Anyway, with that out of the way I can finally post this:

SHINOBU!!

giphy.gif

I go about my days randomly remembering it and I'm just...

EFZnLcGU0AASasP.jpg

Now I'm about to lose Tokito too. Sure, Gotoge, sure. Just keep taking my favorites away.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT, Blackleg-sanji1 ! I've got a clean image of the current arc spread from the Shonen Jump app. You want? It's got no text and everything.

Anyway, with that out of the way I can finally post this:

SHINOBU!!

giphy.gif

I go about my days randomly remembering it and I'm just...

EFZnLcGU0AASasP.jpg

Now I'm about to lose Tokito too. Sure, Gotoge, sure. Just keep taking my favorites away.
Yes plz for the life of me I couldn't find one

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
WOOOT!! LETS GO!!!

you can also watch the anime on the Funimation app!

This has to be the final arc right? like where do the go from here....I hope to god that don?t pull the "Muzan was just one of another round elite of demons..." might just drop it if that happens.(who am I kidding lol)

that being said that current battle was fucking nuts!!! oh my gosh when this becomes animated!!! Though I was a little disappointed in the uppers moon #1 backstory...just another "I don't to die demon..." thought for sure he and Tanjiro were on a collision course but I think he and Giyu tackling Muzan seems fair.....you best survive Giyu...

I do hope that show us why Muzan killed Tanjior's family...been racking my brains about that.

also....SHINOBU!!!!!!!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think ep 24 in hindsight was just a huge red flag for her dying...

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
You did it! You madlad!

I can't wait for the conclusion of the battle against upper moon 1.

Holy shit.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Let me bookmark this page for later.

Well fuck i should had been more carefull, i read something above that i shouldn't had :(

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't supposed to be in here (I'm anime only) but I'm posting to give props to my big bro.

We in there! 🙏🏾

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
No Kanroji on the poll? Lame.

Voted for Tokito. RIP you beautiful boy.

Tbh I can't help but laugh whenever I see anime-onlies going nuts for Shinobu. They aren't ready.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Thanks for making the manga OT.

I think I stopped reading for an while when Shinobu's death happened. Don't think I could handle more deaths with the weekly format.

Did catch up later and man this arc has just been crazy.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT Bleg!!! (May I ask that the "Kamado" and "Agatsuma" be capitalized in the character intros?)

I just wanna say Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great battle shonen with really cool characters and art. One of my favorite ongoing series without a doubt. The fights are great and I like the pacing and comedy too. And as I've discussed with my man Bleg before, I'm especially glad with how well the female cast has been kept relevant, developed and influential. Love Kanao, Kanroji and Shinobu the most. Favorite overall character though is Inosuke. Favorite demon is Akaza.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this arc goes.

Also wanna shout-out ArgyleReptile and Ascheroth whose praise of this convinced me to get into this.

Shinobu...

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Nice OT Bleg!!! (May I ask that the "Kamado" and "Agatsuma" be capitalized in the character intros?)

I just wanna say Kimetsu no Yaiba is a great battle shonen with really cool characters and art. One of my favorite ongoing series without a doubt. The fights are great and I like the pacing and comedy too. And as I've discussed with my man Bleg before, I'm especially glad with how well the female cast has been kept relevant, developed and influential. Love Kanao, Kanroji and Shinobu the most. Favorite overall character though is Inosuke. Favorite demon is Akaza.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this arc goes.

Also wanna shout-out ArgyleReptile and Ascheroth whose praise of this convinced me to get into this.

Shinobu...

giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif
3In9ZGk.gif

BdwGNgP.gif

Unfortunately I was sort of spoiled about Shinobu's death so I was at least kinda prepared. Couldn't believe it while I was reading it happen though...

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I can now finally talk about the best manga panel in this series
kny145-1.png

Don't argue he's best boy let it rock
Man... When I saw him sitting on that rock and said "I know what I have to do now." (or something like that) I realized, I was about to see the greatness you were talking about. I was surprised at how different his vibe has been since. Get on his level Tanjiro, he's beaten an Upper Moon all on his own! Although, to be fair, this one was the weakest an Upper Moon had ever been, lol.

I really hope this gets animated by Ufotable one day. The scene of him fighting for the first time is still one of my favorites in the entire season because of how well Ufotable made it. The sound, man. The sound! Freaking incredible.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Shinobu's death was kinda foretold when it was stated she was the only one who didn't have the strenght to cut off a demons head; she was bound to run into somone who had a high resistance to her poisons....I figured she would die the way she did taking said demon out.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I can now finally talk about the best manga panel in this series
kny145-1.png

Don't argue he's best boy let it rock
That fight really should have been longer.

It was built up to since a while back, and then ended in like two chapters. I guess that's fitting for Zenitsu's fighting style, but I still think it's a shame that Zenitsu's big (and potentially last) fight was so short.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
That fight really should have been longer.

It was built up to since a while back, and then ended in like two chapters. I guess that's fitting for Zenitsu's fighting style, but I still think it's a shame that Zenitsu's big (and potentially last) fight was so short.
Idk I kinda like it. Zenitsu was always the strong quick over powered one in the group but he was sleep. I like to think since he was woke and focus he could unlock his full potential plus throw in the weakest upper moon and there we go.

he's with inosuke and Kanao now so maybe they'll meet up with tanjiro and Giyu those 6 on Muzan?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Idk I kinda like it. Zenitsu was always the strong quick over powered one in the group but he was sleep. I like to think since he was woke and focus he could unlock his full potential plus throw in the weakest upper moon and there we go.

he's with inosuke and Kanao now so maybe they'll meet up with tanjiro and Giyu those 6 on Muzan?
They're all in pretty terrible shape though (I guess Inosuke isn't in TOO bad shape, but still), so I can't see them doing well against Muzan. Additionally, Nezuko has been completely MIA for a while now, which makes me feel like we're still not quite at the final battle.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
"Don't go..."

Ufotable gonna make us all cry in the cinema... Fuck. I hate that I was right about him dying. *sighs* It was especially gut-wrenching seeing even Inosuke cry and no longer be able to keep up his tough guy facade. This movie's gonna leave me a mess.
Man, just thinking about that team fight
giphy.gif
I'm excited to see whatever the final fight will be but I also can't imagine Muzan losing. He seems to be powering up or something (clearly entering his Safer Muzan state) and everybody is completely wrecked. I wonder if Nezuko will somehow join the fight.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

i agree. the reason his fights stick out is because of how fast he kills. I hope you are right about the team up. should be amazing.