• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
EKZMsfNUwAA1Ub9.jpg

EKZMuNDUcAA9FAo.jpg

EKZMvzvVAAImeF1.jpg

mKnhAB8.png

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro is going to meet either his family or Breath of the Sun user and then wake up through what he learns from them or Nezuko.
Yeah this feels like a clear set up to awaken something within him via some protagonist powers where he will gain the invincible breath of plot armor either by meeting with past figures and learning the full breath of sun and how to use it properly, nezuko somehow using her blood to clear away the bad blood which is the final trigger for his mark to develop, or both.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro meets the original creator of the breathing techniques and he's like,"Oh Muzan? Yeah you're all fucked! He tore me in half after I got a lucky shot in."

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Tanjiro meets the original creator of the breathing techniques and he's like,"Oh Muzan? Yeah you're all fucked! He tore me in half after I got a lucky shot in."

Yoriichi?
latest

latest

He didnt make it.

We do believe Breath of the Fire God is a more direct off shoot of Breath of the Sun so maybe Tanjiro can remember more lessons from it and be as bad ass as Yoriichi.

But Kokushibo already said every user of Breath of the Sun other than Yoriichi was killed by him and Muzan.
Even if Tanjiro got more Breath of the Sun techniques chances are he is just too weak to be a problem for Muzan.

Nezuko is our only hope now.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If you could live longer using the breath of the sun god, then I'm damn sure that's how Nezuko learned how to recover without eating all this time, that's my theory

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Muzan created the breathing techniques himself because he got bored of stomping every human that wanted revenge.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Man, these latest chapters are gonna be bonkers when animated.

What are we talking about here? 2022/2023?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never quite understand why studios don't capitalize on blockbusters. Do they hate money?

Why did OPM season 2 take so long (and be shite)? Why did AoT season 2 take so long?

OPM season 1 was a passion project and the director and his peeps weren't just available. Which is why Season 2 was rushed with another studio without giving them even enough prep time.

Aot2 took that long because the manga wasn't far enough at the end of season 1 and the studio had other projects in the mean time.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I never quite understand why studios don't capitalize on blockbusters. Do they hate money?

Why did OPM season 2 take so long (and be shite)? Why did AoT season 2 take so long?

There was nothing left to adapt when OPM season 1 finished. It had covered nearly all of the manga released by that point so it was either a ton of filler or wait for Murata. They waited but it took Murata a long time to give them enough stuff to work with.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
There was nothing left to adapt when OPM season 1 finished. It had covered nearly all of the manga released by that point so it was either a ton of filler or wait for Murata. They waited but it took Murata a long time to give them enough stuff to work with.
That reminds me is opm in the last arc? How do they go any further from here?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading the Demon Slayer manga up to around I think chapter 80. I like the story, but I don't think the art is all that good, but I see a ton of gifs from the anime that just look really nice.

Is this one of those rare instances where the anime is actually better than the manga, or should I just stick to the manga?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've been reading the Demon Slayer manga up to around I think chapter 80. I like the story, but I don't think the art is all that good, but I see a ton of gifs from the anime that just look really nice.

Is this one of those rare instances where the anime is actually better than the manga, or should I just stick to the manga?
Watch the anime and come back to the manga once the season ends, the anime is really beautiful and faithful to the original with better pacing afaik, but the later chapters of the manga that aren't animated yet are definitely worth the read

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I've seen Kimetsu's manga for years, as in, on shelves and storefronts. Never wanted to read it because the art was a bit eew. Thinking of it now, it must be because of the overall shoujo vibes which I'm not a fan of in general (still read lots of shoujo like Angel Sanctuary etc).

My friend recommended Kimetsu to me and after reading it, I think it's actually great and endearing. I've re-read the manga from cover to cover twice (3 readings total) and it's top top top quality.

The anime though is undeniably better visually, and as a fan I want to read and watch both.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Sanemi...I understand. Do it for Genya.

So...Nezuko unlocked the Speed Force I see

Wonder if we are getting a Tanjiro childhood flashback or did he go all the way back to the time of the first Demon Slayer?

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Sanemi's entrance was gangster af

On another note I bought the two volumes of the novel and Gotouge's short story book since I'm in Japan right now, I don't even really know what's inside, hopefully they're good!

It seems like the shortages are not as bad as before though, I saw quite a few bookstores that had all volumes, although some of them had them locked up in a glass display next to the cashier instead of having them along other Jump series.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Sanemi's entrance was gangster af

On another note I bought the two volumes of the novel and Gotouge's short story book since I'm in Japan right now, I don't even really know what's inside, hopefully they're good!

It seems like the shortages are not as bad as before though, I saw quite a few bookstores that had all volumes, although some of them had them locked up in a glass display next to the cashier instead of having them along other Jump series.
Locked up? lol wth. How much is manga over there
How many times I gotta tell y'all betting is the devil
You over here complaining about the devil do you complain about muzan!!!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's really disheartening how they've been treating Muzan like he's not just your regular, everyday minor inconvenience.