• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's like OPM-level parody at times. And I don't think that was intended.

Indeed. It feels both rushed and dragged out, which is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Guess we'll just have to see how the next 5-10 go.

I chalk it up to poor translation. Poor in the sense that while it preserves the literal meaning, it kinda sounds like gibberish in English. But that being said, this sort of nomenclature is very common-place in Wuxia. Sounds just fine in Chinese, but sounds dumb in English.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is partly that the names just comes off as gibberish as most of the forms are poorly defined in the first place as to what they do and the names don't exactly elaborate on that any better.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This image contains an extensive summary for the final fight of Kimestu no Yaiba. Look and be spoiled at your own risk
Xr4iUNu.png

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Both the names and attacks just blend together for me personally. Really the first shounen I've read where I've consistently had this issue with I think.

Just the manga tho, in the anime its fine.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Tamayo is 100% the MVP <3
It was nice briefly seeing Shinobu again too, still salty.

But yeah, this Muzan fight better start picking up. It's been the same thing for 9000 yrs now.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i love tanjiro. also i liked this chapter a lot, it's cool that we are seeing a lot of this fight from Muzan's perspective as well as the others'.

Both the names and attacks just blend together for me personally. Really the first shounen I've read where I've consistently had this issue with I think.

Just the manga tho, in the anime its fine.
sad that they translate Parhelion Rainbow as Fake Rainbow...official translation makes the attack names lamer imo

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone make the joke yet that it feels like the fight has been going on for 9000 years?

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I'm trying to think of another shounen where the fights became incomprehensible at the climax/end. Was it Magi?

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
The actual action choreography has always been this series weakest element, this is not surprising at all. It's the one thing above all else the anime can and has improved on.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm just sorta hoping some of the other pillars can improve their condition enough to assist again...it still bothers me that it turned into the Tanjiro (and Nezuko otw) show.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
i love tanjiro. also i liked this chapter a lot, it's cool that we are seeing a lot of this fight from Muzan's perspective as well as the others'.

sad that they translate Parhelion Rainbow as Fake Rainbow...official translation makes the attack names lamer imo
O cool you like it too. At least I'm not alone like soma thread lol

and yes fake rainbow is absolutely terrible

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This was actually an interesting chapter though and Shinobu's backup plan definitely had precedence to back it up.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized how fucking strong Yorichi was if it needs Muzan to age 9000 fucking years, just so the current gen can damage him.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
The age doesn't even make that much sense considering Muzan was already 1000 years and age should mean nothing to an semi-immortal being. Also he's been aging for the last 2/3h yet he been getting faster with his attacks and wiped them all in the last 30min.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The age doesn't even make that much sense considering Muzan was already 1000 years and age should mean nothing to an semi-immortal being. Also he's been aging for the last 2/3h yet he been getting faster with his attacks and wiped them all in the last 30min.
He hasn't been feeding though. It's as though he's been fasting for 9000 years but demons grow stronger, and apparently maintain strength, through eating.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
He hasn't been feeding though. It's as though he's been fasting for 9000 years but demons grow stronger, and apparently maintain strength, through eating.

The eating is a good point, but he's only been getting weaker now. Him defeating all the Pillars and Trio makes less and less sense with this, he was actually getting faster and stronger before.

Its basically just an excuse to have Tanjiro fighting him alone.

This fight been a mess in my opinion.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The eating is a good point, but he's only been getting weaker now. Him defeating all the Pillars and Trio makes less and less sense with this, he was actually getting faster and stronger before.

Yeah, that really stuck out to me.

He said that was the reason he had been struggling against the Pillars, but then he just instantly knocked them all out.

Like you said, clearly to allow for this 1v1.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I see it as him getting weaker but also not going all out against the Pillars until he was getting tired of playing and since then Tanjiro has been fighting him at his ever-decreasing peak. I don't deny that it's to facilitate the 1v1 though.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
It be cool if everybody get up and deflect an arm while Tanjiro performs the 12 forms together so basically they defend him on his way to muzan so he can finish and do the 13th

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that really stuck out to me.

He said that was the reason he had been struggling against the Pillars, but then he just instantly knocked them all out.

Like you said, clearly to allow for this 1v1.

I see it as him getting weaker but also not going all out against the Pillars until he was getting tired of playing and since then Tanjiro has been fighting him at his ever-decreasing peak. I don't deny that it's to facilitate the 1v1 though.

I would prefer if he was going all out with the whips and the Pillars were holding him barely and slowly getting the hand of things, then he uses a new power and destroys them, then have the Tanjiro fight were he holds on his new power and he realizes what's happening. That would have been a better fight progression, make this age development make a lot more sense and still reach this exact point.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
No, magi was fine until they did the temple gauntlet thing, i was pretty excited for the post time skip economy warfare but the battle shonen had to come back =_=
I generally remember extreme magic spam making fights incomprehensible earlier than that. More towards the end of the Magnostadt arc.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
The episode where they all first try to attack muzan at the beginning of the arc will be hilarious

there's like 7-8 breath call outs

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should do what Blood Blockade Battlefront does and have the attack name yelling just overlap between all the characters and get muddled.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I generally remember extreme magic spam making fights incomprehensible earlier than that. More towards the end of the Magnostadt arc.
That was Ohtaka's take on Nukes i think @-@ Magi shone while it kept to politics, the magic battles looked cool but the battle shonen was really its weak spot aside from some key battles