• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
ec56aaffc0f41e22e2a50eb57cc7e5671e608d8b.gifv

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like ID:Invaded. Not crazy about it yet like I was Re:Creators but it's cool.
(On that note, if you like ID:Invaded, please consider checking out Re:Creators, previous show by its director. Going in blind recommended if possible.)

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably just forgetting but was there ever a reason given for the whole Zenitsu is a bad ass when he passes out stuff? If there was I can't for the life of me remember it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably just forgetting but was there ever a reason given for the whole Zenitsu is a bad ass when he passes out stuff? If there was I can't for the life of me remember it.
If there's a reason, I forgot it as well. I think him only being able to use his full potential while sleepwalking just worked out that way.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I like ID:Invaded. Not crazy about it yet like I was Re:Creators but it's cool.
(On that note, if you like ID:Invaded, please consider checking out Re:Creators, previous show by its director. Going in blind recommended if possible.)
are they related at all in terms of plot/setting/whatever? or just by the same director

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I should really start Re:Creators again after only giving episode 1 a try. Hiroyuki Sawano soundtrack, lots of imaginery waifus and I saw what they did with that one episode which did sound great.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
You guys already know the brother-sister-great-great-great-great-grandfather's-friend-Kamehameha will end Muzan.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Did we ever find out what the special property of Tanjiro's black blade was supposed to be? I can't remember.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Muzan is gonna eat Nezuko and something unexpected will fuck him up. That and Tanjiro gets the anger power up.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did we ever find out what the special property of Tanjiro's black blade was supposed to be? I can't remember.
I don't think it had any. I'm pretty sure blade color just indicates what breathing you're suited to and Tanjiro's was black cause he used Water Breathing but could also use the Hinokami Kagura despite that (and why they also thought his would be red).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it had any. I'm pretty sure blade color just indicates what breathing you're suited to and Tanjiro's was black cause he used Water Breathing but could also use the Hinokami Kagura despite that (and why they also thought his would be red).
When Tanjiro first got his it was stated that each color passed special properties to the blade with black being a less understood one.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When Tanjiro first got his it was stated that each color passed special properties to the blade with black being a less understood one.
I mean, in that case what are the special properties you've observed in the blades others have beyond just representing their elements and that you're looking for in Tanjiro's blade?

In Chapter 10, it says "Each color has distinct characteristics" and I don't know what else that would've applied to this whole time beyond just yellow = lightning, blue = water, pink = love, etc.
Tanjiro's blade is black I assume just cause he was trained in Water Breathing yet was meant to use Sun breathing. From that, it might just be that black blade swordsmen are generally unsuccessful because they don't use the breathing they're best suited to and just die too soon to adapt. Or maybe it's something else. But up to this point I haven't gotten the impression that blade color is meant to mean anything beyond just what breathing you use. However, I could be missing or forgetting stuff.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be straight, Gotouge did a lot of stuff right with Demon Slayer but isn't exactly the best with the finer details and more nuanced world building. A lot of things are just presented as just being there and that's normal or unsurprising without a lot of explanation or background.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in that case what are the special properties you've observed in the blades others have beyond just representing their elements and that you're looking for in Tanjiro's blade?

In Chapter 10, it says "Each color has distinct characteristics" and I don't know what else that would've applied to this whole time beyond just yellow = lightning, blue = water, pink = love, etc.
Tanjiro's blade is black I assume just cause he was trained in Water Breathing yet was meant to use Sun breathing. From that, it might just be that black blade swordsmen are generally unsuccessful because they don't use the breathing they're best suited to and just die too soon to adapt. Or maybe it's something else. But up to this point I haven't gotten the impression that blade color is meant to mean anything beyond just what breathing you use. However, I could be missing or forgetting stuff.
Those aren't really characteristics of the colors and if that's how it worked they wouldn't have been expecting red from Tanjiro since he used water.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Those aren't really characteristics of the colors
Then I repeat my question

and if that's how it worked they wouldn't have been expecting red from Tanjiro since he used water.
Tanjiro's blade was expected to be red because of his red hair, his forehead mark (which for him was just a scar instead of a birthmark but they didn't know) and earrings.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Let's be straight, Gotouge did a lot of stuff right with Demon Slayer but isn't exactly the best with the finer details and more nuanced world building. A lot of things are just presented as just being there and that's normal or unsurprising without a lot of explanation or background.
I'd like less explanations sometimes... red blades being tied to body temperature is kinda underwhelming, laving it to life or death situational power/aura/spirit is a bit cooler

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Then I repeat my question

Tanjiro's blade was expected to be red because of his red hair, his forehead mark (which for him was just a scar instead of a birthmark but they didn't know) and earrings.
I'm questioning whether or not the it was a dropped plot line or if I'm just forgetting something.

I know why they expected red, but you mentioned it relating to their breaths.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm questioning whether or not the it was a dropped plot line or if I'm just forgetting something.
Maybe dropped aspect, if the breathing elements were at some point meant to be real, I could understand the blades having some special properties but with all the elements being fake, it makes sense for the blades to not have anything special to them.

Or maybe we're just overthinking the statement.

OR maybe it all comes together somehow in this Muzan fight lol.
I know why they expected red, but you mentioned it relating to their breaths.
His features probably just took precedence over his training for the blacksmith (he was getting excited over potentially seeing a red blade so maybe he just wasn't thinking straight, idk).

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

World building is really one of the weakest points in this.
The Demon Corps barely even feels like a organization, we have all this ranks and never even seen no one from them. We seen people at multiple stages during the training and nothing after that. The blacksmiths was a nice touch but just too little, the world just feels "empty".

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my impromptu explanation/defense:

I think black blades probably mean you are suited to use Sun Breathing as a technique. If there were indeed others swordpersons whose blades became that color, they probably just had to use a different Breathing Style because they didn't know about Sun Breathing.

I think blade colors are just a nod towards what type of techniques their body is suited for. Tanjirou has stated once or twice that he never really felt comfortable using Water Breathing. Then we have Genya and Rengoku's brother who mentioned that they were unable to even turn their Nichirin blade, which implies they weren't suited for any sort of technique. As for characteristics, maybe they mean in just a visual sense rather than any actual unique abilities or whatnot? Or maybe their blades have different physical qualities and weights? Giyu was dead set on getting a sword from someone who used the same style as he did when his broke.

Now, with that being said, a good question is did the swords begin to change colors after Yoriichi introduced Breathing to the Demon Slayers? Or were they changing color this entire time and no one knew what the hell was going on until they met Yoriichi?

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my impromptu explanation/defense:

I think black blades probably mean you are suited to use Sun Breathing as a technique. If there were indeed others swordpersons whose blades became that color, they probably just had to use a different Breathing Style because they didn't know about Sun Breathing.

I think blade colors are just a nod towards what type of techniques their body is suited for. Tanjirou has stated once or twice that he never really felt comfortable using Water Breathing. Then we have Genya and Rengoku's brother who mentioned that they were unable to even turn their Nichirin blade, which implies they weren't suited for any sort of technique. As for characteristics, maybe they mean in just a visual sense rather than any actual unique abilities or whatnot?

Now, with that being said, a good question is did the swords begin to change colors after Yoriichi introduced Breathing to the Demon Slayers? Or were they changing color this entire time and no one knew what the hell was going on until they met Yoriichi?
If there were some who weren't able to get colored blades at all despite training then yeah black blades being a lead-in to Sun Breathing makes sense.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Ch.23 did explain it kind of~
Zenitsu is normally scared and too excited, so his body is too tightened up, but when he pass out, his body is in it's natural state.