• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like less explanations sometimes... red blades being tied to body temperature is kinda underwhelming, laving it to life or death situational power/aura/spirit is a bit cooler
Ch.23 did explain it kind of~
Zenitsu is normally scared and too excited, so his body is too tightened up, but when he pass out, his body is in it's natural state.

That's still not a great reason that he becomes an ultra efficient warrior while passed out because well, he's passed out. They don't even say he's sleep walking or has some weird split personality. It's not the end of the world but just makes him seem a little undercooked.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it doesn't really have one. I guess you could argue it's an extreme form of what Rengoku did when his instincts kept that kid from destroying his spirit while unconscious.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Its not the end of the world and probably for the best as the less screen time screaming idiot gets is probably for the better.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
EQkWtOAU0AEHxyL.png

EQkWtgFUUAAyvDy.jpg

Shinobu accidently called Tamayo mother...
twitter.com

ぽぷこん on Twitter

“※19巻の内容含む ※字が汚い 共同研究組👹🦋”

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
194 spoiler only some panel is out

Chachamaru the cat is still alive, it's a demon cat~~
He got turned into a demon shortly before the final fight
Yashiro puts Chachamaru back together again, and pray to tamoya, since only Tanjiro is fighting Muzen, and he's not enough

Rock Pillar lost too much blood, and lost his leg, even if get him back, he can't join the fight with no leg

Tanjiro still fighting muzen, tries to go into the see through world, but not enough breath and fainted for a second
Snake Pillar appear and save Tanjiro again, but his eye is wounded and is now blind.

Snake pillar say not to worry, he didn't get that from saving Tanjiro, he was already nearly blind in his right eye, and depend on his snake to see for him.

Tanjiro noticed that Muzen still has wound that are still "burning" from his fight with Yoroichi, even after hundred of years, Muzen still has not recovered from his fight with him.
Tanjiro decide to target those wounds

Oct 25, 2017
194 spoiler only some panel is out

Chachamaru the cat is still alive, it's a demon cat~~
He got turned into a demon shortly before the final fight
Yashiro puts Chachamaru back together again, and pray to tamoya, since only Tanjiro is fighting Muzen, and he's not enough

Rock Pillar lost too much blood, and lost his leg, even if get him back, he can't join the fight with no leg

Tanjiro still fighting muzen, tries to go into the see through world, but not enough breath and fainted for a second
Snake Pillar appear and save Tanjiro again, but his eye is wounded and is now blind.

Snake pillar say not to worry, he didn't get that from saving Tanjiro, he was already nearly blind in his right eye, and depend on his snake to see for him.

Tanjiro noticed that Muzen still has wound that are still "burning" from his fight with Yoroichi, even after hundred of years, Muzen still has not recovered from his fight with him.
Tanjiro decide to target those wounds
Yoroichi is the most absolute chad of all time, but also that's way too convenient

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I took a look at the uncollected chapters in the series to try and see when this fight could end, as well as when the series itself may end. Chapters in this series have consistently been 19 pages so Volumes have consistently collected 9 chapters. Volume 19, released last week in Japan, ended on Chapter 169. Here's what the next few volumes should look like:

Volume 20
-Chapter 170 (Kokushibo fight still going, all participants are in) to Chapter 178 (Kokushibo flashback ends, he fades away)
(Fun Fact: The anime S1 wasn't even done yet when the early chapters of this volume were released)

Volume 21
-Chapter 179 (Tokito dies, Genya fades away) to Chapter 187 (Yoriichi flashback ends)

Volume 22
-Chapter 188 is where this one starts, theoretically ends on 196 which is 3 chapters from now (193 released last week)

So the fight may end on 196 or a bit before. If it does, then Volume 22 may be the last of the series but I doubt that would happen and I think even if the fight ends in the Vol.22 chapters, there'd still be at least one more volume. Otherwise it'd feel like we're rushing things.

It's also possible that the fight and the series would end in Vol.22 but it'd have a slightly higher collected chapter count to allow for an epilogue. Or the fight could go past even Vol.22 and into Vol.23.

I guess how long the series has left depends if Muzan gets a flashback, how long that takes and then how much we get after that to wrap things up. If Volume 23 were the end of the series and it collected the standard 9 chapters, then the series would end on Chapter 205, which is a neat number. But I wouldn't be surprised if we go past that, especially if this fight is still going on past Ch.196/Vol.22.

Personally, while I'd like for this fight to end asap, I'm not in a rush for the series itself to end and would like to see a Muzan flashback as well as a nice aftermath.
-----------------------------
Random but bunkitz remember in the MHA thread when Viz finally started releasing Demon Slayer volumes and we were like "Demon Slayer? That's a boring name"? Household name now lol.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I took a look at the uncollected chapters in the series to try and see when this fight could end, as well as when the series itself may end. Chapters in this series have consistently been 19 pages so Volumes have consistently collected 9 chapters. Volume 19, released last week in Japan, ended on Chapter 169. Here's what the next few volumes should look like:

Volume 20
-Chapter 170 (Kokushibo fight still going, all participants are in) to Chapter 178 (Kokushibo flashback ends, he fades away)
(Fun Fact: The anime S1 wasn't even done yet when the early chapters of this volume were released)

Volume 21
-Chapter 179 (Tokito dies, Genya fades away) to Chapter 187 (Yoriichi flashback ends)

Volume 22
-Chapter 188 is where this one starts, theoretically ends on 196 which is 3 chapters from now (193 released last week)

So the fight may end on 196 or a bit before. If it does, then Volume 22 may be the last of the series but I doubt that would happen and I think even if the fight ends in the Vol.22 chapters, there'd still be at least one more volume. Otherwise it'd feel like we're rushing things.

It's also possible that the fight and the series would end in Vol.22 but it'd have a slightly higher collected chapter count to allow for an epilogue. Or the fight could go past even Vol.22 and into Vol.23.

I guess how long the series has left depends if Muzan gets a flashback, how long that takes and then how much we get after that to wrap things up. If Volume 23 were the end of the series and it collected the standard 9 chapters, then the series would end on Chapter 205, which is a neat number. But I wouldn't be surprised if we go past that, especially if this fight is still going on past Ch.196/Vol.22.

Personally, while I'd like for this fight to end asap, I'm not in a rush for the series itself to end and would like to see a Muzan flashback as well as a nice aftermath.
-----------------------------
Random but bunkitz remember in the MHA thread when Viz finally started releasing Demon Slayer volumes and we were like "Demon Slayer? That's a boring name"? Household name now lol.
Don't feel bad. Demon slayer used to kicked down in the dirt lol 😂. Dumb name bad artstyle. Now I get to see it all unfold again except at least this time it's popular lol

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Random but @bunkitz remember in the MHA thread when Viz finally started releasing Demon Slayer volumes and we were like "Demon Slayer? That's a boring name"? Household name now lol.
It still sounds boring! Kimetsu no Yaiba sounds better and even translated, that means demon-destroying blade. Still better!

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
So...what did people thought of the origional planned main character for Kimetsu no Yaiba?
FuIKxHs.png

A person that got all his family killed by demon, and during the test, helping other people, but resulted in him losing both his eye sight, his left arm and hend, and both of his leg.
So even though he passed the test, he was not allowed to become a member of the corp.
But him proclaiming that he will become one and become a pillar.

But the author editor thought that was too dark, so the main character was switched to a boy that sell coal, and his sister that got turned into a demon.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So...what did people thought of the origional planned main character for Kimetsu no Yaiba?
FuIKxHs.png

A person that got all his family killed by demon, and during the test, helping other people, but resulted in him losing both his eye sight, his left arm and hend, and both of his leg.
So even though he passed the test, he was not allowed to become a member of the corp.

But the author editor thought that was too dark, so the main character was switched to a boy that sell coal, and his sister that got turned into a demon.

Kind of comes off as something similar to Dororo in terms of a person missing a bunch of body parts fighting demons for revenge.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
FuIKxHs.png

Sounds way too similar to Dororo

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
FuIKxHs.png

Cinnamon roll is better but he's getting close to that

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
FuIKxHs.png

He also mentions MHA (using a one-shot as the basis for a series) and HxH—having a normal MC (as normal as Gon can be) surrounded by more eccentric characters.
Yup. Here's that exchange from the interview:

Interviewer: "The predecessor, 鬼殺の流, was born, but unfortunately didn't make it as a series. The main character was blind, had one arm, and both legs were prosthetic, and it was said in the official fan book that 'the severeness of the world and the silence[reticence?] of the main character' was the reason for the lack of success."

Editor: "I agree. However, it has gained a certain reputation for the worldview when it's become easier to read. The rest is the main character. And I got advice from a senior of mine again.

Interviewer: "What advice was that?"

Editor: "In the opinion of my senior, Hunter × Hunter has many unusual characters, but the main character, Gon (Freeccs), is an ordinary person. That's why it's easy for readers to empathize. And when Gon is in the center, the fun of the other characters will stand out.

The same is true for Gotouge-sensei, so it would be just right to place an ordinary person in the center and place abnormal characters around him. That's where Tanjiro was born."

Interviewer: "Please tell us more about the story."

Editor: "In fact, it seems that the character of Tanjiro himself was originally in sensei's head. He was just a sub-[side?]character for them.

Interviewer: "Oh, is that so?"

Editor: "After serialization didn't work out, I talked about changing the protagonist to another person, and asked, "Is there a child a little more normal in this work?

Then there was a boy selling charcoal, a boy who had his whole family killed and his sister turned into a demon. The boy entered the Demon Slayer Corps to return his sister to human. Isn't that a hero?

This fateful character is the driving force behind the story. Gotouge suggested that the child be the hero, and wrote it again. The result was Kimetsu no Yaiba."

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
FuIKxHs.png

Yeaaa echo what everybody else said although I like the design too could've been a pillar or something

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
FuIKxHs.png

That thing is ugly

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FuIKxHs.png

I like that we got Tanjiro but this dude looks cool.
Gon was ordinary till his kite broke then he took it out on the cat
Lol
Fanart poster for Infinity Train and Red Light District
EQluOdAUUAAg0BB.jpg

EQluOc-VUAApdSQ.jpg

twitter.com

茶弘凪 on Twitter

“無限列車編と遊郭編イラスト”
I love fan-made posters for arcs and these are very cool!

(To think we'll get to see Akaza in a movie this year. Glorious)