• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Most Shonen protags aren't really normal, so I'm assuming the bar for normalcy here is lowered.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I almost never I mean never like the protagonist the most but in the case of Gon and Killua in particular, killua shat on the man from such great heights

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I never really thought that way until later on
When rewaching hunter x hunter you start seeing the flags from the ryodan saga already, maybe before
I almost never I mean never like the protagonist the most but in the case of Gon and Killua in particular, killua shat on the man from such great heights
I'd say Killua's character growth might be the best in shonen manga, period. But gon has way more nuance than you'd think at first, kid's fucked up

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gon ist a god damn psychopath shounen protagonist which most people only realize later. But he is great and so different

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting that the SJ editors see him as normal in the early part though. It's possible that those flags weren't meant to lead into a swerve the way they did.
No shonen protagonist is normal, i wonder if the editor meant simple as "simple background" or "simple minded", that would make more sense when you compare charcoal boy to edgy blind legless badass, the second character is already at the midpoint of his story yknow?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
No shonen protagonist is normal, i wonder if the editor meant simple as "simple background" or "simple minded", that would make more sense when you compare charcoal boy to edgy blind legless badass, the second character is already at the midpoint of his story yknow?
Probably more just that Gon is less interesting than the characters around him towards the beginning. Which is kind of true given Killua and Kurapika have more gripping mysteries surrounding them.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Probably more just that Gon is less interesting than the characters around him towards the beginning. Which is kind of true given Killua and Kurapika have more gripping mysteries surrounding them.
Yeah, definitely, killua had the most presence than all of the other characters in the story tbh
thats why he got the fuck out

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Fanart poster for Infinity Train and Red Light District
EQluOdAUUAAg0BB.jpg

EQluOc-VUAApdSQ.jpg

twitter.com

茶弘凪 on Twitter

“無限列車編と遊郭編イラスト”

These are amazing.

I hope in the actual upcoming movie poster they don't show Akaza. It was a nice surprise on his reveal.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...what did people thought of the origional planned main character for Kimetsu no Yaiba?
FuIKxHs.png

A person that got all his family killed by demon, and during the test, helping other people, but resulted in him losing both his eye sight, his left arm and hend, and both of his leg.
So even though he passed the test, he was not allowed to become a member of the corp.
But him proclaiming that he will become one and become a pillar.

But the author editor thought that was too dark, so the main character was switched to a boy that sell coal, and his sister that got turned into a demon.
I dig this, a lot. Reminds me of Dororo. Did he have a name?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it's Yuki Tabata's baby. Gotouge apparently visits him.
EPDSSC6XkAUVelF

Reminder: Sumiyoshi's baby gave use the best damn smile in the whole series.
BMci9pEl.jpg

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, Black Clover... I keep forgetting about that one. I should get to catching up to that soon.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DAMN that really kinda says how brutal Gotoge can get, huh? Should've seen all these deaths coming, tsk.

If his name are the characters to the left of him (and I believe they are) then his name is Kenji.

Kenshi isn't it? It's the samurai radical which is shi (well it's even written shi there or I am blind and I can't see it being JI)

Edit: Yeah first kanji should be ken from sword 剣 (I hate how some kanji are stylised lol) and the second is the samurai radical (not the kanji) which is not used sololy which can mean violent or socially accepted job combined with another word. So literally swordsman lol

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Kenshi isn't it? It's the samurai radical which is shi (well it's even written shi there or I am blind and I can't see it being JI)

Edit: Yeah first kanji should be ken from sword 剣 (I hate how some kanji are stylised lol) and the second is the samurai radical (not the kanji) which is not used sololy which can mean violent or socially accepted job combined with another word. So literally swordsman lol
Oh shoot, yeah, that's definitely a "shi," my bad. Naming him literally "swordsman" sounds like the kind of thing Horikoshi would do, haha.
I love how much baby Inosuke fan art is out here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Today, Feb 15th 2020, marks the four year anniversary of the manga!!
Seeing again that it only started in 2016 makes it seem crazy that it's actually ending soon, feels like it could've gone for more but I love this final arc regardless.
Also feels a bit weird cause it hasn't even been that long since I started (July 2018) and even less since I've followed week to week (Summer last year).
(Would've been nice if Viz had serialized it in their magazine cause I'd have been able to enjoy the older parts week to week. Also would've set them up to better deal this series' explosion in popularity by having all the stuff translated when the anime came out.)

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Where...is...kanroji tho

imagine having shinobu and tamayo still winning from the grave kanao taking out upper moon 2 and still going and kanroji just done already lol.