• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zatch Bell did it first

latest

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Yes yes it was.
Everybody did great....we lost some good ones. New found respect was gained. That fight animated will be something to behold if ufotable sticks with it
Ufotable would be foolish to turn down that easy money.
Yup. Almost like he'd have made a better final opponent or something.
I feel like if Gotouge just took everything from UM1 and took away the whipping, I'd be more satisfied. Actual strategy got thrown out for nonsensical whipping.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Ufotable would be foolish to turn down that easy money.

I feel like if Gotouge just took everything from UM1 and took away the whipping, I'd be more satisfied. Actual strategy got thrown out for nonsensical whipping.
If muzan would've bust out the electric and mouth stomach bites and shit earlier it could've been alil better as it stands for fights for me
Upper moon 1>Upper moon 2>Upper moon 6>Upper moon 3>muzan

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still find hilarious the ending of the red district arc, specially the pillar reaction to his own imminent death (the thing about the last words).

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Can't take that giant baby form seriously at all lol.

I'd be pretty surprised if chapter 200 isn't Muzan's death now.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
This manga started so good was going so good then rushes like crazy and now a really overly long boss fight. Im happy its concluding in 1-2 chaps. It could have been better.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Im happy its concluding in 1-2 chaps. It could have been better.

I don't think it's concluding in 1-2 chapters. The latest released volume is 19 and looking at the (many) uncollected chapters, if the volumes collect the standard amount of chapters (9 chapters, 19 page each) then we're probably going up to 205 at least (which would be the last chapter of Vol. 23).

Last week's chapter is 198 so we are 2 chapters into what would presumably be Vol. 23. If the series had ended on last week's chapter, an extra long Vol. 22 as a final volume with two added chapters (11 total) would've been possible but two more chapters, ending on Ch. 200, would make 4 added (13 total) which doesn't seem likely. Still possible I guess but I doubt it for now (it'd make 247 pages with no extras at all, when volumes typically have 200 when counting extras/trivia/Q&A/etc), which is why I say we're going up to 205 at least.
Even then Vol. 23 could have a 1-2 extra chapters pushing us a bit past 205 but then if we find ourselves on Ch. 210 then count on a whole other volume and look to Ch. 214 (probable last of what would be 24) and so on and so forth...

But for now my prediction is 205 being the final chapter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it's concluding in 1-2 chapters. The latest released volume is 19 and looking at the (many) uncollected chapters, if the volumes collect the standard amount of chapters (9 chapters, 19 page each) then we're probably going up to 205 at least (which would be the last chapter of Vol. 23).

Last week's chapter is 198 so we are 2 chapters into what would presumably be Vol. 23. If the series had ended on last week's chapter, an extra long Vol. 22 as a final volume with two added chapters (11 total) would've been possible but two more chapters, ending on Ch. 200, would make 4 added (13 total) which doesn't seem likely. Still possible I guess but I doubt it for now (it'd make 247 pages with no extras at all, when volumes typically have 200 when counting extras/trivia/Q&A/etc), which is why I say we're going up to 205 at least.
Even then Vol. 23 could have a 1-2 extra chapters pushing us a bit past 205 but then if we find ourselves on Ch. 210 then count on a whole other volume and look to Ch. 214 (probable last of what would be 24) and so on and so forth...

I always say if you don't got at least 2-3 chapters of epilogue you've done something wrong

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
With the exception of Zenitsu's bro, I think the fights with the UM's leading up to Muzan are pretty strong for a shonen gauntlet run to the big bad.

Muzan fight hasn't been as good as them/blended together a bit, but I really like that instead of beating the big bad at his peak, they fight a nerfed version (even if it could have been executed more cleanly). Also makes me want HxH to come back.

Then we get the August popularity poll results alongside the launch of Demon Slayer: World Tour.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly if they cut this whole fight down by 3 or 4 chapters it wouldn't feel like it's dragging.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With the exception of Zenitsu's bro, I think the fights with the UM's leading up to Muzan are pretty strong for a shonen gauntlet run to the big bad.

Muzan fight hasn't been as good as them/blended together a bit, but I really like that instead of beating the big bad at his peak, they fight a nerfed version (even if it could have been executed more cleanly). Also makes me want HxH to come back.

Then we get the August popularity poll results alongside the launch of Demon Slayer: World Tour.
Yeah the August poll messes with the idea of ending soon for now. Though the poll could be attached to things like movie/S2 news or something else. With how backed up they are on uncollected chapters, volumes will be coming out for a while which would also be advertised in Jump.

Or maybe the series does still run in August somehow, or we do get a bonus chapter or something...

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if they cut this whole fight down by 3 or 4 chapters it wouldn't feel like it's dragging.

Thats way too little to be honest, the main problem is this fight have been just boring
Its been 20 chapters since Muzan started his whipping shit, and 80% of it have been the same.
To be honest to me 8/9 chapters taken would be the minimum.

This final fight has been so badly designed is not even funny.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Yeah, in context of the whole series this is probably one of if not the poorest fight.

However, I'm still looking forward to every chapter right now. I did think it would build up and be an amazing final arc, it's more serviceable at this point and doesn't do justice to the rest of the series that came before it, but still a fan.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The whipping stuff is just by the books. Considering how many demon slayers are going against him, the author needed a way to not make it so one sided... The other option would've been like a set of Wesker-like powers (teleport shit and stuff)...

I don't know, the stuff with the whips is weak but i loved everything from before. Author has guts killing popular characters like nothing or crippling them heavily (wtf at Giyuu).

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thats way too little to be honest, the main problem is this fight have been just boring
Its been 20 chapters since Muzan started his whipping shit, and 80% of it have been the same.
To be honest to me 8/9 chapters taken would be the minimum.

This final fight has been so badly designed is not even funny.
I'm pretty much with you.
For this length, he should've been doing more things.
For his abilities, it should've been shorter.

But thankfully the whole arc up to Kokushibo is great.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018

I see. 205 alright that works too. This manga needs to conclude fast

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
I see. 205 alright that works too. This manga needs to conclude fast
This I don't agree with weird to say cuz you don't like the fight. A fast conclusion not going to make it better it's gonna make it worst?
The whipping stuff is just by the books. Considering how many demon slayers are going against him, the author needed a way to not make it so one sided... The other option would've been like a set of Wesker-like powers (teleport shit and stuff)...

I don't know, the stuff with the whips is weak but i loved everything from before. Author has guts killing popular characters like nothing or crippling them heavily (wtf at Giyuu).
tokito...😭

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
This I don't agree with weird to say cuz you don't like the fight. A fast conclusion not going to make it better it's gonna make it worst?

tokito...😭
I should better word it. The fight needs to conclude fast at the very least. Yes i did not like this fight at all.

This manga like i wrote earlier started out strong but has just been a downhill ride for me. All from the moment they introduced upper moons super quick after lower moon fight. Just has been a really fast ride since then(which is why it started to go downhill for me. Manga just has been a wild ride of out of the ass bs powerups to justify defeating the opponents) until this fight which has been a tedious journey for me.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty much with you.
For this length, he should've been doing more things.
For his abilities, it should've been shorter.

But thankfully the whole arc up to Kokushibo is great.

Kokushibo fight was masterfully done, the complete opposite of Muzan.
Which is funny because his breath of moon ain't that diferent from the whips, it just the fight was by far better designed.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Kokushibo fight was masterfully done, the complete opposite of Muzan.
Which is funny because his breath of moon ain't that diferent from the whips, it just the fight was by far better designed.
That fight was masterclass to me. I can read that a ton of times. The problem with the muzan fight is gotogue maybe took the they not ready for this narrative a bit too far. Have muzan throw out some more moves and the fight could dramatically change sure the whips were doing the job it's just visually it's boring

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
That fight was masterclass to me. I can read that a ton of times. The problem with the muzan fight is gotogue maybe took the they not ready for this narrative a bit too far. Have muzan throw out some more moves and the fight could dramatically change sure the whips were doing the job it's just visually it's boring

It had good strategy and teamwork from the hashiras, it was cool seeing Sanemi/Himajima double teaming UM1 or the on the fly strategy for Tokito to get in close and stick him with their backing.
Something Muzan fight desperately lacks.
How about some triple combos from their diferent breathings, some sneak shots while he's distracted, some sniping attacks from afar, etc.
Look how good the triple teaming last chapter it was, so much potential with this many hashiras in there all just wasted.

I think it we had 1 chapter with teamwork and then the fast whipping started and all was over.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
It had good strategy and teamwork from the hashiras, it was cool seeing Sanemi/Himajima double teaming UM1 or the on the fly strategy for Tokito to get in close and stick him with their backing.
Something Muzan fight desperately lacks.
How about some triple combos from their diferent breathings, some sneak shots while he's distracted, some sniping attacks from afar, etc.
Look how good the triple teaming last chapter it was, so much potential with this many hashiras in there all just wasted.

I think it we had 1 chapter with teamwork and then the fast whipping started and all was over.
That a good point with the muzan fight it didn't feel like they were all actually working together until what zenitsu and inosuke groups showed up. Than that stopped again and didn't pick back up until iguro and Tanjiro put in work together now these chapters where it's back to team work. The biggest low of the fight to me was Tanjiro vs muzan and I'm so so so! Glad it didn't go the route of you the Mc you finish this alone